Experts, China warn against Trump's TikTok sale push & 'key money' demand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I suppose I could be wrong, but I really wonder what’s with all the political posts on AI. Are blatantly biased and baiting posts which are anti-Trump now all “OK” by the editors/mods?

I posted a mild correction yesterday and got reprimanded for it, meanwhile there are a series of vile, anti-Trump posts (above) which I guess will face no punitive measures?

Honestly, if those posts are OK why was Political Outsider ever shut down?

I’ve never seen such an uneven application of forum rules in the 15 years I’ve been coming here.
    edited August 2020 cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,453member
    I suppose I could be wrong, but I really wonder what’s with all the political posts on AI. Are blatantly biased and baiting posts which are anti-Trump now all “OK” by the editors/mods?

I posted a mild correction yesterday and got reprimanded for it, meanwhile there are a series of vile, anti-Trump posts (above) which I guess will face no punitive measures?

I’ve never seen such an uneven application of forum rules in the 15 years I’ve been coming here.
    Donald, is that you?
    jony0
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Sooooooo, you orange man haters are ripping Trump for his views on this stupid childish app. But were TOTALLY fine a couple days ago when the DNC outlawed the program for security issues.

Man, talk about 2 faced hypocrites. 
    You honestly don’t understand the difference between a private organization not allowing an app to be used and the federal government banning an app from the country? Jesus. 
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,922administrator

We are trying a new approach with this and the last TikTok post, because I'd rather have more open posts on matters such as this. Frankly, it's not going well.

If you were referring to my post, in regards to Trump or President Trump, that wasn't a reprimand. You'll know a reprimand when you get one.
    edited August 2020 [Deleted User]muthuk_vanalingamGeorgeBMacSpamSandwichjony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    This idea of paying money to the Department of Treasury keeps getting more and more absurd. 
    How else can the Treasury afford the practice of companies (and individuals) minimising their tax burden using all the loopholes available?
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    DAalseth said:
    Funny. Chinese have done the same thing pushing around google and facebook but all the sudden we have a constitutional crisis when the US does it. I like the idea of a level playing field. 
    So if the other side violates the basic standards of honesty and decent behaviour, then it’s open season, everyone should.
    I’d sure as f*** not want to live in your world. 

I agree....  But then there is no evidence that TicToc or China did anything wrong.   This is ALL on one side.   Likely as a distraction -- or to hobble a competitor.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Beats said:
    Funny. Chinese have done the same thing pushing around google and facebook but all the sudden we have a constitutional crisis when the US does it. I like the idea of a level playing field. 

So much for the higher standard of free markets and democracy.   Thanks Trump!

I mean the hypocrisy is funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

Also "Me hate Trump so everything Trump does me hate!"

This is why I'm Independent. I get to enjoy the shi*show.

Would you call those opposed to Hitler's fascism "Hitler Haters"?  I'm sure many did.
    jony0
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Sooooooo, you orange man haters are ripping Trump for his views on this stupid childish app. But were TOTALLY fine a couple days ago when the DNC outlawed the program for security issues.

Man, talk about 2 faced hypocrites. 

LOL....  Nice false equivalency.   Is that all you got?
    jony0
  • Reply 29 of 33

So, how is calling out wrong behavior by a president "biased and baiting" -- or even "anti-Trump".    Is that the last refuge of a Trumper in the face of his evil?

In this specific case, he is misusing the power of the his position to take down a private company because Americans used it in a way to embarrass him (documented above) when his rally of tens of thousands became the rally of a few.

Republicans used to take pride in knowing right from wrong and adhering to higher values.   But, what used to be the GOP has been taken over by far right crazies who will excuse and overlook any form of bad or illegal behavior if it helps their leader achieve his agenda.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,922administrator
    cat52 said:
    Mike Wuerthele said:

We are trying a new approach with this and the last TikTok post, because I'd rather have more open posts on matters such as this. Frankly, it's not going well. 

Even if things aren't going terribly well, I still support the more open approach, and hope it stays....
    We'll see. It has taken far more labor than it is worth to keep it open so far.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 33
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,139member
    georgie01 said:
    Beats said:

This is why I'm Independent. I get to enjoy the shi*show.
    As an independent I totally agree. Those who bend over backwards to criticise Trump show depressing levels of hypocrisy. They’ll even complain about Trump being divisive while simultaneously trying to get their political base angry at and hating the US President...not sure how much more hypocritical someone can get.
    Criticism makes someone a hippocrat?   The irony is that you're criticizing too. 
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 33
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Shameless! 
    jony0