'Apple Watch Series 6' on Apple event YouTube stream keywords, 'iPhone 12' missing

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited September 2020
A list of keywords associated with Apple's YouTube stream for its September 15 event suggests it won't involve the launch of a new iPhone at all, but does seemingly confirm the arrival of new products including the "Apple Watch Series 6."

YouTube Apple Event keywords

Following the announcement of Apple's "Time Flies" event on September 15, Apple set up a video stream on YouTube that will be used to air the launch event itself. The page on YouTube plainly displays when the event will take place and the logo, but further digging introduces some extra elements that may inform what Apple will show during the presentation.

First reported by Guilherme Rambo on Twitter, the list of keywords within the page source used to describe the stream for search engines is keenly missing out on the term "iPhone 12." While there are mentions of "iOS," and "iPhone" in the list, there isn't one specifically mentioning an iPhone model by name or number.

Interesting metadata in that pre-event YouTube video page #AppleEvent (Link: https://t.co/8TOYXfsh8z) pic.twitter.com/wim1fGQtNh

-- Guilherme Rambo (@_inside)

While this may be an oversight if Apple were going to introduce an iPhone at the event, as other reports suggest won't happen, the same can't be said for the Apple Watch. While there is an "Apple Watch" keyword in the list, there's also separate keywords for "Series 5" and "Series 6" in the list, which practically confirms the next model name as the "Apple Watch Series 6."

Furthermore, there are mentions of the "iPad" and "iPad Air." Rumors point to an iPad launch occurring, potentially taking the form of the "iPad Air 4."

Other keywords mention "MacBook" and "MacBook Pro," "Mac" and "iMac," "AirPods," and the "Apple TV," among others.

The appearance of the Macs may be an indication of Apple teasing some sort of Apple Silicon involvement at the event, though it is more likely Apple would save such a major launch for its own separate event.

The full list of keywords, in order of listing, reads:
  • Apple
  • iOS
  • iPhone
  • Mac
  • Apple Watch
  • Series 5
  • Series 6
  • iPad
  • iPad Air
  • MacBook
  • iMac
  • MacBook Pro
  • Fitness
  • Wellness
  • Illustration
  • Apple TV
  • Digital Art
  • AirPods
  • Apple Event
  • Apple Keynote
  • WWDC
  • September
  • Apple Special Event
  • Apple Launch
razorpit

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    I really hope they update the Apple TV.  I’m tired of sending HBOMAX content from my phone.  I’m not about to buy either of the  ones available now, because they are due for an update.  
    dewmetony411lawatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 12
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    Maybe it’s going to be the iPhone XII and that’s why there’s no ‘12’
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 12
    If there’s 4 models of iPhone then just putting iPhone should be good enough
    mike1watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 12
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    docbburk said:
    I really hope they update the Apple TV.  I’m tired of sending HBOMAX content from my phone.  I’m not about to buy either of the  ones available now, because they are due for an update.  

Huh?! There is currently an app available for the Apple TV.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 12
    This is a non-story.

iPhone is listed, as is iPad Air.
    iPhone 12 is not listed, neither is iPad Air 4. 
    Neither is iOS14, WatchOS7, iPadOS, TVOS, AppleTV 4K, MacBook Air, AirTags and more.

It does list “Digital Art” : does this mean there’s a new product called “Digital Art”? /s
    hcrefugeecornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 12
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    aderutter said:
    This is a non-story.

Neither is iOS14, WatchOS7, iPadOS, TVOS, AppleTV 4K, MacBook Air, AirTags and more.

It does list “Digital Art” : does this mean there’s a new product called “Digital Art”? /s
    Almost everything on this site is a non-story these days.  Massive quality drop lately. What happened to DED? Extended vacay?
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Illustration/Digital Art probably points to Apple Pencil updates, though I’d expect an iPad Pro release for that.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 12
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    This is kind of funny, like reading digital tea leaves in an attempt to extract meaning from all of these disembodied text strings. I would imagine that Apple scrutinizes everything they put out there for public consumption. I know that I always check out my binaries and markup with a resource viewer to make sure that no unintended (i.e., embarrassing, stupid, misspellings, etc.) strings or metadata get embedded into released binary images. I cannot imagine Apple not doing the same thing with all of its release images and markup.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    What about announcement for Apple Silicon based MACs ?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Japhey said:
    aderutter said:
    This is a non-story.

Almost everything on this site is a non-story these days.  Massive quality drop lately. What happened to DED? Extended vacay?
    I actually emailed DED on his iCloud account via his RoughlyDrafted blog, but no response.
    AI is mum on his whereabouts as well. No idea what happened to him.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Japhey said:
    aderutter said:
    This is a non-story.

But you continue to read it. Why?
    Japhey
  • Reply 12 of 12
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    fred1 said:
    Japhey said:
    aderutter said:
    This is a non-story.

But you continue to read it. Why?
    Haha, good question. Habit, maybe. Nostalgia. Perhaps the hope that it’s just temporary.  
    watto_cobra