Celebrities and GWB, who's smarter?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Maybe he's just trying to say that Bush is really, really, really, really, really stupid.
  • Reply 22 of 50
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    tough question....
  • Reply 23 of 50
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Education doesn't mean anything except for what it contributes to your EXPERIENCE.

Bush's people have a lot of experience in running the country.

Celebrities have a lot of experience entertaining the country.

...Unless your a left-wing Democrat -- then they're reversed. 'Nuff said.
  • Reply 24 of 50
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
  • Reply 25 of 50
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NoahJ

http://www.msnbc.com/news/892070.asp?0na=x238B3E2-

Bush is not an Idiot.

your article demonstrate that he is not a puppet, something i never suspected him. Now for the idiocy, i don't think he is an idiot, but i doubt that he is the brightest president of the history of US.
  • Reply 26 of 50
    Some of the questions asked in here, could be asked of Anyone, there are smart celebrities and politicians, and there are stupid ones.. Either way, I would not say Bush is stupid, I also would not call him an idiot either, that is more of an insult to someone or something said to belittle him. But I would tend to say many celebrities dont live real lives either. I mean, heck how many of us have personal assistants that do everyone but wipe our a$$? most celebrities don't live in the real world, thats why some of them have time to 'protest' it gives them something to do wether it be right or wrong..

\
  • Reply 27 of 50
    "We did not end the Cold War with conferences. It ended with the strong belief of President Ronald Reagan...PEACE through STRENGTH"

"WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"

So does this really mean WAR through IGNORANCE?
  • Reply 28 of 50
    Quote:

Bush is not an Idiot.

What relevance does that article have to his intelligence (or lack of it)?

Obviously, apart from the section where it states his advisers have to give him scripted comments about the war and have banned him from speaking off-the-cuff, which is less than flattering.
  • Reply 29 of 50
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Obviously, apart from the section where it states his advisers have to give him scripted comments about the war and have banned him from speaking off-the-cuff, which is less than flattering.

Good point, these article only show that he is not a puppet, and that he is managing his office.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Fred Durst,

You mean the guy that posts like this..

[snip: gibberish]

Nick

YES! That's the guy! That notoriously inarticulate nu-metal puffin-face who can't even use a shift key! That's him.

He is more intelligent than than the President of the United States of America, George Bush Jr.

But George is more cleverer than the drummer out of Hanson. Fair's fair and all.
  • Reply 31 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

YES! That's the guy! That notoriously inarticulate nu-metal puffin-face who can't even use a shift key! That's him.

He is more intelligent than than the President of the United States of America, George Bush Jr.

But George is more cleverer than the drummer out of Hanson. Fair's fair and all.

using a shift key makes you smart?
  • Reply 32 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

If that is how you wish to spin it, then fine. I have no issue with Powrdocs view of it, Bush is not a puppet. And the ability to know when one has hit their limitation and to delegate responsibility to those who have that knowlege takes wisdom. He, being the president of the US could have his way and the military would have to do what he says. Instead he uses a wise approach and asks the questions needing to be asked instead of telling people the way he thinks it should be. That is intelligent all by itself. It also gives you a look into his charachter somewhat. He is not an egomaniac, he is not power hungry. He is willing to allow others to take charge if needed. Why focus on the one negative part of the whole thing, that was truly not that bad? How jaded are you?

Quote:

People close to Bush said his aides initially emphasized a hands-off approach because they wanted to insulate him from bad news and because they did not want him to appear obsessed with or emotional about the war. These aides quickly realized they had overdone it, potentially making Bush look out of touch. But his advisers have concluded that scripted remarks, rather than off-the-cuff comments, may be required in assuring that the message of the day gets delivered forcefully.

They did not say that he was too stupid to make remarks, but they wanted to ensure that the remarks were forceful, and delivered in a consistant manner. The message has not changed. Sheesh.
  • Reply 33 of 50
    Quote:

Umm, yeah. He obviously takes his grammer lessons from you as well.

more cleverer

• Reply 34 of 50
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Bush is not an Idiot.

I don't see how this supports or refutes Bush either being stupid or a puppet.
  • Reply 35 of 50
    It was intentional.

It was a joke.

Har har.

And George Bush is still a heavyweight dullard.
  • Reply 36 of 50
    So, er, ner ner ner ner ner.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    Quote:

It was intentional.

It was a joke.

Har har.

And George Bush is still a heavyweight dullard.

I had assumed you of all people would see the thick satire in my post. Oh well.

Nyahh nyahh and all that.
  • Reply 38 of 50
    NoahJ: you misspelled "grammar" -- intentionally. Er.
  • Reply 39 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac The Fork

NoahJ: you misspelled "grammar" -- intentionally. Er.

Spelling errors are one thing, especially on an internet message board. Flagrant grammatical errors are a completely different thing. Thanks for your concern though. \
  • Reply 40 of 50
    Ah, Clear Channel Communications.

I have no idea how intelligent these people are or anything about their informal education....but what I do know is "Moral Clarity" is not taught at Harvard and Princeton. So sucks to the credidation that Clear Channel Communications has given to the administration in the face of actors.

Funny they didn't mention any well educated actors against the war....funny how they had quite a speel on the adminstration but short little snippets on the accomplishments of the actors.

More importantly though, the human cost and ethics is not necessarily held to heart by any person. What the actors are calling the adminsitration names for is because the "Moral clarity" is not as clear as Bush would lead us to beleive. Quality ethical concerns can be held by any semi-educated person albeit the administration has a big picture, we have the facts too.

This article is thus for the above reasons, partial to the administration and the company that owns the site and

station is partial to the administration.

Internal Memo

How nice CC refers to anyone against war as an "Anti-war type"