Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    I am failing to see your point?
  • Reply 42 of 50
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Money might not buy you a college degree, but influence does. Just like it buys National Guard service to avoid the draft.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/dem.../stories/bush/

(Note the mention of him being in the bottom 20% of his freshman class at Yale)

Anyway, the last thing I am doing is defending those celebrities. As far as I'm concerned, even as someone highly involved in the arts, they don't exist.

And it takes a pretty incapable person to fail at business even with numerous bailouts and criminal activity. He can't win even when he breaks the rules!

check Gore's record and see how much better it is...
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:

I am failing to see your point?

I don't know, are you failing to see it?

Sorry, guess I should have spelt it out for you.

Quote:

After reading the article I feel it puts things into perspective a bit.

This was your assertion. You gave it credit by asserting it "puts things into perspective", when in fact it is bent by subtle wording:

Quote:

quite a speel on the adminstration but short little snippets on the accomplishments of the actors.

essentially an improper appeal to authority on the issue of

Quote:

"Moral Clarity"

being that

Quote:

Quality ethical concerns can be held by any semi-educated person

I'm not in the business of quoting myself all the time so if you would either read more carefully or contruct some actual questions, it may speed up the argument.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    So did NoahJ and trumptman get the original joke or not?

I'm confused.

At first I thought NoahJ was playing along but then he complained about flagrant grammatical errors in a manner so serious. Surely no American could sustain that tone while being ironic.

Does everyone else know what's going on?

It's all too ironical for me.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

So did NoahJ and trumptman get the original joke or not?

I'm confused.

At first I thought NoahJ was playing along but then he complained about flagrant grammatical errors in a manner so serious. Surely no American could sustain that tone while being ironic.

Does everyone else know what's going on?

It's all too ironical for me.

I was playing along. However, spelling police irritate me to no end. Especially on a internet forum.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by DigitalMonkeyBoy

I don't know, are you failing to see it?

Sorry, guess I should have spelt it out for you.

This was your assertion. You gave it credit by asserting it "puts things into perspective", when in fact it is bent by subtle wording:

essentially an improper appeal to authority on the issue of

being that

I'm not in the business of quoting myself all the time so if you would either read more carefully or contruct some actual questions, it may speed up the argument.

You are still failing to make a poiint that I wish to respond to. It appears that youare saying that education does not equal morality. Correct? To which I would say, true. And?
  • Reply 47 of 50
    The article takes issue with the actors' position:

Quote:

They publicly defile them and call them names like "stupid" , "morons", and_ "idiots".

and it attempts to refute that position with academic credentials to the contrary. However, I doubt that the actors are taking issue with the Bush administration's academic prowess. In which case, despite a university education, Bush may be lacking in the practical wisdom to choose the proper course of action in a given situation. Perhaps, despite having taken classes in ethics, he doesn't always see the point in acting ethically. In either case, academic credentials or the lack thereof wouldn't necessarily refute the labels doled out by some actors.

To further the point that the article's objection is irrelevant, why not replace actors with academics who also publicly defile the Bush administration? Noam Chomsky would look nice, but I'm sure you wouldn't be so quick to trust him.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac The Fork

The article takes issue with the actors' position:

and it attempts to refute that position with academic credentials to the contrary. However, I doubt that the actors are taking issue with the Bush administration's academic prowess. In which case, despite a university education, Bush may be lacking in the practical wisdom to choose the proper course of action in a given situation. Perhaps, despite having taken classes in ethics, he doesn't always see the point in acting ethically. In either case, academic credentials or the lack thereof wouldn't necessarily refute the labels doled out by some actors.

To further the point that the article's objection is irrelevant, why not replace actors with academics who also publicly defile the Bush administration? Noam Chomsky would look nice, but I'm sure you wouldn't be so quick to trust him.

Whatever, the article made the point it set out to make. If you want to take it seriously that is fine. I was posting it more to the point of seeing where people stood and to say that you may not agree with the Administration and their policies but they are not idiots. The fact that the actors in question rarely had any education past high school was merely icing on the cake. That htey feel that they can handle foreign politics better than the current (or any for that matter) administration is stupid to say the least.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by DigitalMonkeyBoy

Internal Memo

Wow. Thats a recipe for PANIC.