apple tablet (conf.....)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 140
    Its a damn electronic paperback.

(Maybe.)
  • Reply 22 of 140
    Ok, so when does it come out? What will it cost? Will it run OS X?

O, and I think those two mysterious rectangular openings are for the docking station... duh!
  • Reply 23 of 140
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    anyone good in CAD?

we could get a really good image from the macwhispers specs...

almost scares me now...
  • Reply 24 of 140
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    And that's what makes it damn near perfect, if true. But if it were true, Fran just wouldn't be Fran any more and AI wouldn't be AI. Come on, lets hear it for chronic dissatisfaction!!!
  • Reply 25 of 140
    If this were a couple of days later it would be an April fools' joke.
  • Reply 26 of 140
    What about that ?
  • Reply 27 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by Benjamin Frere

What about that ?

• Reply 28 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by cycle

Whooops sorry. Haven't seen the link before... sorry
  • Reply 29 of 140
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kormac77

Will this to be like following story ?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...&threadid=1614

======================================

posted 05-11-2002 07:29 AM

Apple will introduce .........i****v2 !!!!

-It is i****v2 ! - Maybe named iPAD ?

-I don't know exact name for it . I will call it iPAD now on.

It has OS X lite OS with Netboot client mode.

- OS X in Any macintosh can be Netboot server for iPAD. iMac, ibook are also included.

It can boot from Airport II !. And because it is Client software, it does not need reboot iPAD! it will just replace it's own window with servers window.

And no speed decrease since all the calculation is done on Server!

And it is using OS X -lite that it can be use by itself. We will have many many S/W for the Lite version. The QuickTime is the first of it and you can playback Quicktime file and read PDF E-book without server.

And thanks to domino chip inside of each Mac, you will be able to see live NFL anywhere using MPEG-4 streaming.

- I have to do some work now . Part5 will continue soon. sorry

==================================================

&

http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-b...1&t=000472&p=6"

http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-b...1&t=000472&p=6</a>

==================================================

posted 01-07-2002 03:45 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well New imac design is quiet interesting.

Here is last part.

And you can use this as controller for Home network !

Think that you can connect this device from anywhere in the home or outside of home and you can do exactly same thing as you do on Desktop!

And when you go out, it became small notebook except keyboard and mouse.

The most interesting thing is that it can connect to Mobile phone with optional kit!

It will use blue tooth technology to connect with your Mobile phone to connect internet without Mobile phone out of your poket!

so you will be able to connect anywhere ! And it is compatible with Wi-Fi standard that it will be able to work in starbucks with a cup of coffee too !

This has built in Palm like functions so it can be act as PDA.

And also it has itune in it too.

You heard about it enough.

Here is the iPAD !.

he shows the A4 size tablet device.

Now if you see under the seat with seat number end with 0, you will be able to see it !

The screen size is 10 inch and it has 5GB Hard disk! Also Firewire port, USB port ,earphone, and PC Card slot for optional card. airport II is built-in and Docking port.

Steve: And this not end of it !.

We are introducing iPAD station : iStation!

it is small Set-top Box which is connected to Digital & analog TV and internet and it can connect to Home network !

You can put iPAD on it and it recharge from the docking port and you will be able to use it as screen mode of this.

It use G3 chip set and capable of small server.

It can record TV program and it has built in Mail system for home use!

Also you can use it as jukebox for iTune!

- Many rumor site might be confused this with possible LCD iMac design. Since it look a lot like detachable system.

Now today , APPLE announce the future of Consumer computing and Pro computing.

I hope you to enjoy the show thank you.

Steve go out of stage for real this time.

Everybody stand-up and cheer does not stop at all.

I think Apple's mission has been successful.

====================================

Kormac: I sure hope your predictions are right. I've been waiting for this product (these) with baited breath.

That's the one and only reason I have hope that you are more than a fool or liar. And, I believe that you are (as I've stated before) a person with enough inside info to "connect the dots"..

As a matter of fact, I'm beginning to connect the dots myself and wonder if you are in fact substantially behind the MacWhispers site.

If so, you've expanded your circle of influence over the last year from being a plastics insider for specific regions, to a more ambitious plastics insider for a larger more wordly contact, or entourage.

I'd love to chat one-on-one, offline, and completely securely.
  • Reply 30 of 140
    the actual display size is 173x117(16:10.82) cinema aspect ratio

wouldnt surprise me if its OLED technology

i guess 1-3months until we see it...announced at wwdc?

it seems attractive as a photoframe too..so we get a good resolution display

900x600? 3:2? err...yah... \

wont be cheap..699 at least

bluetooth and airport extreme for sure

such a small display sucks not much battery...5 hours with g3 800/g4 667..iam sure

lets analyze!8)
  • Reply 31 of 140
    mavstermavster Posts: 51member
    well, lg phillips (who's making the new 23") showed a new 8" lcd at a show in January of this year... not much specs on it yet but here's from the press release...

8-inch Wide VGA LCD for Automotive Entertainment

Offering a resolution of 800 x 480, the LB080W01 is a wide-screen LCD that provides a contrast ratio of 500:1 and a high brightness of 400 cd/m2. The display module utilizes the company's patented side-mounting technology, providing a narrow bezel. It also boasts a viewing angle of 120 degrees (left/right) and 90 degrees (up/down), enabled by using wide-angle polarizer film, and has a wide temperature range tolerance (suitable for automotive applications) of -30 to 85 degrees Celsius (operating), and -40 to 90 degrees Celsius (storage).

who knows...
  • Reply 32 of 140
    I'm sure someone else will start yet another tablet thread due to Looprumors' latest article, but I'm doing the responsible thing and adding it to this thread

Looprumors says Apple tablet to be like Audrey

Is Apple's latest digital lifestyle device an old idea on steroids? If our sources are correct, we may be looking back into the past to step forward into the future. Reports are coming in of an Apple tablet-like device (see story below). However, when adding up the peices, and incorporating information from our sources, we arrive at a close cousin to 3com's 2000 introduction, Audrey. A home appliance for surfing the web, storing recipes and accessing datebooks and contacts. Put this idea into the hands of the Apple engineers, coupled with Inkwell technology and you have a very powerful iAppliance. Capabilities would include controling your home stereo via Rendezvous, a digital answering machine, surfing the web, accessing emails, viewing videos, and when not in use, the screen saver activates and it becomes a digital picture frame. SpyMac reports of an Infra-Red port that probably won't make it to production, however, Bluetooth is what we have been alerted to. Probably for the wireless mouse and keyboard? This device seems more likely than a Tablet at this point, as there is little competition in this market since the demise of Audrey.

Personally, I think this is bad. The only requirement I have for any Apple tablet/handheld is that it run an off the shelf install of OS X.
  • Reply 33 of 140
    Here is my mock-up of the tablet... completely made by me from scratch. I know it needs work, but it's good for a quick job. The dimensions are taken from MacWhispers. http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...sort=1&thecat=
  • Reply 34 of 140
    I mainly made it to show the exact size it would be. It is shown in actual size.
  • Reply 35 of 140
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

I mainly made it to show the exact size it would be. It is shown in actual size.

yah! this is great!!!

rounded edges and white plastic plz!
  • Reply 36 of 140
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Anyone who believes Kormac in the slightest has not been around AI for years.

Barto
  • Reply 37 of 140
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    "Who would use it?", you hear the naysayers prattle across the web. Here's a lunging stab at The Market:

A

Ad Writer

Accountant

A certain Apple Keynote Speaker

(****It will be easier and more graceful to hold than a 17? Powerbook.****)

Archaeologist

Architect

Artist

Astronaut

B

Bartender

C

Cartoonist

Couch Potato

D

Department of Defense

Designer

E

Engineer

Engraver

F

Field Repairmen

Firemen

G

Geoloogist

Geographer

H

Historian

Homeland Security

I

Insurance Salesman

J

Just about everyone

K

Kareoke Singers

L

Lawyer

Library Researcher

M

Medical Doctor

Mailing List Manager

Military

N

Newspaper readers

O

Opthamologist

Occupational Therapist

P

Pilots

Police

Politicians

Public Speakers

Q

Quarantined people.

R

Real Estate

Reporters

S

ScreenWriter

SongWriters

Spreadsheet Jockeys

Students

T

Teachers

Technician

U

Uncoordinated Florida Voters

V

Veteranarians

W

Writer

X

OS X Jaguar Code Writers

Z

The mysterious 'Z' people. They have wanted a Newton Replacement for years. They are friendly and mean you no harm.

Aries 1B

PS: None of the chatrooms will be the same if this rumor is true.
  • Reply 38 of 140
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    I made a quick mockup in cararra.

you can see it at

http://www.ro3.com/itablet.jpg

the dimensions are accurate (based on the MacWhispers numbers), then shot in perspective.
  • Reply 39 of 140
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    could you post another shot of it straight on? its kinda hard to get an idea of the size from that angle. but it might just be me.

thanks
  • Reply 40 of 140
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    straight-on shot as requested.

http://www.ro3.com/itabfront.jpg

I think maybe the corners rounding dimensions are too big.