"Pinot"=OS update for ?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>I think you might see a new OS update shown at Macworld San Francisco (such as Mac OS X 10.2.1 or 10.2.2), but I don't think you'll see the first public display of 10.3, 10.5, 11, or whatever they decide to call it until Macworld Boston at the earliest.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jaguar was delayed about six months, and I think that Apple will return to their 'two updates a year' cycle.

10.3 will be released in six months time (for free) IMO.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>

Jaguar was delayed about six months, and I think that Apple will return to their 'two updates a year' cycle.

10.3 will be released in six months time (for free) IMO.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think X uses that system because we'd get to OS XI too quick!

I reckon we'll see free updates like 10.2.x but 10.3 will cost.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Agreed,

the decimal has definitely moved under X nomenclature.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    Everybody says the next major update will cost, but this isn't quite true i guess. The work that was behind making 10.2 was huge + all the new updates and programs (iCal, iSync)(iTunes) and more?. They need to charge some money for their efforts eventually, so they can give all the people who helped (employees) a bonus and with that bonus they will be more motivated and deliver even better work. In the software industry their is always an extra bit of cash, and with that cash you can spend on R&D.

That Pinot update that's coming won't be charged for, unless there are huge changes or add-ons.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by Stoo:

<strong>You sort of asked:

its = possesive (his, hers)

it's = contraction of "it is"

Isn't english a great language? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank God somebody else realizes this! Check my signature.

And don't get me started on people using an apostrophe to indicate plural nouns!

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: Ensign Pulver ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 48
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Agreed,

the decimal has definitely moved under X nomenclature.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm glad somebody else has noticed

If we were using the old system Jagwire would be Mac OS 12.0! (I think!)
  • Reply 47 of 48
    [quote]Originally posted by Ensign Pulver:

Thank God somebody else realizes this! Check my signature.

And don't get me started on people using an apostrophe to indicate plural nouns!

<hr></blockquote>

Again, thanks for the lesson, but again, it's not answering the question. Let's review:

"We will sell no wine before its/it's time."

As you can see, both will work, but the meaning will be different.

Next week, we'll work on "their" vs. "they're" and the week after that, "loose" vs. "lose."
  • Reply 48 of 48
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Blackcat:

<strong>

I don't think X uses that system because we'd get to OS XI too quick!

I reckon we'll see free updates like 10.2.x but 10.3 will cost.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There was a Mac OS X Server v1, so why can't there be a Mac OS X v11.0? Mac OS X is the brand.