J.D. Vance shouldn't open his mouth about Apple if he doesn't have a clue

Comments

• Reply 81 of 105
    XedXed Posts: 2,806member
    mbmoore said:
    AppleZulu said:
    mbmoore said:
    Actually, Vance is essentially correct in his statement. 90% of the products manufactured in China are made by employees who are paid next to nothing by their masters; their masters being members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The CCP is an oligarchy made up of wealthy businessmen who care little for the Chinese peasants who work for them. While Vance and Trump tend to be loose with the truth, the Democrat left  has made lying into an art form—they and the news media have completely obscured the fact that Harris and Walz are dyed in the wool inept Communists who will do to us what the CCP has done to the Chinese peasants if they ever gain complete control, and it will be the educated white people who put them in power. From the looks of things, this is the direction the U.S. is going in. May God help us!
    I don't think you know what the word "communist" means.
    I know EXACTLY what it means. I wasn’t being hyperbolic when I used it, either. It exactly defines what Harris’and Walz’s behaviors have been as government officials. They won’t say it out in the open because they know it’s an election loser, but top down authoritarian rule and control is a communist attribute, and that is who and what they are. It doesn’t matter what you call it, though. Power and money are the driving force for them, just like it is for 80% of Washington D.C. Trump’s likeability isn’t the issue, either—it’s the Democrats’ existential threat to our republic.
    Only one party has a leader that believes in a democratically elected official in a free and fair election. They other sold their soul to the devil and is no longer what that party stood for. You can vote MAGA, you have that choice, but know that you are voting for hate, racism, and a dictator for life who will  continue to sell our safety to our enemies for profit.
    ronndjames4242baconstangmuthuk_vanalingamsphericjroysconosciutoilarynx
  • Reply 82 of 105
    XedXed Posts: 2,806member
    sdw2001 said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    ssfe11 said:
    Clueless idiot. Oh and btw Springfield do you know that your pets are getting eaten?  Fido is being roasted up right now. Smh you can’t even make this stuff up!
    Yeah, except it’s actually happening.  
    🤦‍♂️
    I’ve seen at least four interviews where people are making specific claims substantially similar to this one. There are audio recordings of people calling 911 about this kind of behavior. Now, I’m not saying they are going around kidnapping people’s pets en masse. But there are credible reports about skinned cats, geese being slaughtered, roadkill being “prepared” in the middle of the road, and many more things. There is a video of people at council meetings, relaying these things in detail. So you can feel free to post all the snarky emojis you want. There’s obviously something bad going on, which is bound to happen when you dump more than the towns population of third world immigrants into it.
    Well done!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/-just-exploded-springfield-woman-says-never-meant-spark-rumors-haitian-rcna171099
    sphericgatorguysconosciutoilarynx
  • Reply 83 of 105
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,663member
    sdw2001 said:
    ssfe11 said:
    Clueless idiot. Oh and btw Springfield do you know that your pets are getting eaten?  Fido is being roasted up right now. Smh you can’t even make this stuff up!
    Liar. 
    ronnjroybaconstangsconosciutoilarynx
  • Reply 84 of 105
    The whole point of tariffs is to increase the domestic prices of the goods that are subject to tariffs. It makes them less competitive versus the goods that don't have the tariff. The problem with just generally slapping a tariff on anything manufactured in China is the sheer volume of products that it would impact. In many cases, American consumers wouldn't have a cheaper choice. Everything would be priced higher due to the tariffs. 
    And that, right there, is the Trump policy on lowering inflation apparently (since he hasn't exactly said WHAT his policy is, surely he just has a concept of his policy in his plaque-filled brain). Except, it will worsen it to the point many people won't be able to afford to live.
    edited September 14 ronnjroybaconstangsconosciuto
  • Reply 85 of 105
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,563member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    The whole point of tariffs is to increase the domestic prices of the goods that are subject to tariffs. It makes them less competitive versus the goods that don't have the tariff. The problem with just generally slapping a tariff on anything manufactured in China is the sheer volume of products that it would impact. In many cases, American consumers wouldn't have a cheaper choice. Everything would be priced higher due to the tariffs. 
    And that, right there, is the Trump policy on lowering inflation apparently (since he hasn't exactly said WHAT his policy is, surely he just has a concept of his policy in his plaque-filled brain). Except, it will worsen it to the point many people won't be able to afford to live.
    And JD Vance acknowledges there will be more pain put on the lower and middle class, at least for the near future, as his forward to the Heritage Foundations (Project 2025) upcoming book release makes clear. The book comes out after the election of course. Trumps needs no detailed policy since it has already been created for him. 

Vance's group pins its hopes on very high protectionist tariffs, meant to isolate us from the rest of the world, being enough of an impetus to long-term investment in more US factories. In general, there are powerful groups that do not want us to be world leaders any longer, but to withdraw into ourselves. At the end-of-the-day, beneficiaries will be the 1% who will reap the profits, with a bit of "trickle down" to us common folks who will have to supply the muscle and expertise. You know, the actual sweat part. 

We are not supposed to understand their plans, much less be advised of them, since we are not worthy. :/  
    edited September 14 ronn13485jroybaconstangsphericilarynx
  • Reply 86 of 105
    mbmoore said:
    AppleZulu said:
    mbmoore said:
    Actually, Vance is essentially correct in his statement. 90% of the products manufactured in China are made by employees who are paid next to nothing by their masters; their masters being members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The CCP is an oligarchy made up of wealthy businessmen who care little for the Chinese peasants who work for them. While Vance and Trump tend to be loose with the truth, the Democrat left  has made lying into an art form—they and the news media have completely obscured the fact that Harris and Walz are dyed in the wool inept Communists who will do to us what the CCP has done to the Chinese peasants if they ever gain complete control, and it will be the educated white people who put them in power. From the looks of things, this is the direction the U.S. is going in. May God help us!
    I know EXACTLY what it means. I wasn’t being hyperbolic when I used it, either. It exactly defines what Harris’and Walz’s behaviors have been as government officials. They won’t say it out in the open because they know it’s an election loser, but top down authoritarian rule and control is a communist attribute, and that is who and what they are. It doesn’t matter what you call it, though. Power and money are the driving force for them, just like it is for 80% of Washington D.C. Trump’s likeability isn’t the issue, either—it’s the Democrats’ existential threat to our republic.
    Thanks for elaborating sufficiently to clarify that you don’t know what that word means. I’m feeling generous today, so I’ll give you a hint. “Communist” and “oligarch” are mutually exclusive terms. 
    edited September 14 jroybaconstangsconosciutoronnilarynx
  • Reply 87 of 105
    gatorguy said:
    mbmoore said:
    AppleZulu said:
    mbmoore said:
    I know EXACTLY what it means. I wasn’t being hyperbolic when I used it, either. It exactly defines what Harris’and Walz’s behaviors have been as government officials. They won’t say it out in the open because they know it’s an election loser, but top down authoritarian rule and control is a communist attribute
    You mean like one of the candidates announcing they will be a day one dictator? That kind of top-down authoritarian rule? 
    I can see that we're not going see eye to eye on this and probably not much of anything else. If you and apparently most of the readers on this forum are the majority of Americans, there's not much hope for this country. If you can't see how corrupt the Democrat Party is (and most of the Republican leadership), the U.S. is doomed to Orwell's 1984. Trump/Vance are not the problem and they aren't the complete answer, either. The answer is in individual liberty and personal integrity with boundaries of community responsibility. We will not get that answer with people like Kamala Harris, Tim Walz, et al, and an almost totally corrupt Washington D.C. Someone like Trump (who is an outsider), and whoever would follow him after he is gone, are the only beginning (not total answer) that can stop them--that kind of oppositional leadership is what is needed at this time. I'm just trying to get people to think a little. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it is still a head scratcher to me that highly educate people would be willing to support totally corrupt politicians. I support Trump, not because I like him all that much (because I don't), but because he's the only one that has the guts and the ability to stand up to the Washington establishment. Que, sera, sera.
  • Reply 88 of 105
    mbmoore said:
     Trump/Vance are not the problem and they aren't the complete answer, either. The answer is in individual liberty and personal integrity with boundaries of community responsibility. 
    I don't see that squaring with a fascist dictatorship under the leadership of Tr*mp and the (formerly) Project 2025. 
    baconstangronnilarynx
  • Reply 89 of 105
    mbmoore said:
    Please sir, cry more
  • Reply 90 of 105
    sdw2001 said:
    ssfe11 said:
    Yes, you are right.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/8k2HElR

edited September 14 sphericronn
  • Reply 91 of 105
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,654member
    What's being lost in the fabricated ridiculousness of the incident in question is the fact that there are several cities and communities in what used to be the hub of US manufacturing and industry in the 20th century that are simply shrivelling up and dying a slow death. Springfield, Dayton, Youngstown, Canton, Cleveland, and other cities in Ohio alone have seen steady population loss for decades. When the jobs disappear the people disappear, and left to their own devices and shrinking tax revenue, the cities cities slowly crumble into disrepair and decay. These same cities were once the epicenter of growth and industrial progress for the 100-150 years prior and housed large populations of newly minted citizens and immigrants seeking a better life. They came to fill all those the jobs not only in the industrial base but also in the services and small businesses necessary to support a large population base.

Cities like Springfield need population to attract new employers. People from disadvantaged countries seeking a better life still see our downtrodden Midwest cities and towns that the coastal US populations see as disposable as amazing opportunities to improve their lives and the lives of their children. This is no different than our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on who came to America for the very same reasons. These people still see value in what many Americans see as forgettable and unworthy.

Believe it or not, the so called "American Carnage" that the entitled and privileged fear mongers preach about is in reality vastly better and more sought after than where these immigrants are coming from. America is still a country that needs to control the influx of people seeking to come here, unlike other countries like North Korea that need barriers to keep their own citizens from escaping. America isn't perfect, but nowhere on earth are so many people enjoying such a high quality standard of living. Of course it's not universal, and many people fall or get pushed through the cracks, but it's a universe away from what these politicians are jamming into people's heads.

J.D. Vance is an Ohio guy and he grew up in a semi disadvantaged area, just like many of us did. For him to take an active part with his idol in a denigrating attack against a city and a people who are simply trying to pull themselves up and help keep a community from crumbling into dust is unforgivable and entirely self serving. He was fortunate enough to crawl out of his own challenged circumstances. He should be using his experience to help other Ohio residents try to do the same rather than using them as fodder for his political ambitions. This is simply a repetition of the same ugly bully strategy that his running mate has used over and over again to pick on people, groups, and those in segments of our society who can't defend themselves.
    thtXedbaconstangmuthuk_vanalingamsphericgatorguyronn
  • Reply 92 of 105
    Wonder how the Pet business are in Ohio these days. Must be bad for all the cat women. 

America is always good entertainment.  

spheric
  • Reply 93 of 105
    Went straight to comments and was not disappointed  :D
    edited September 14 spheric
  • Reply 94 of 105
    Wesley HilliardWesley Hilliard Posts: 236member, administrator, moderator, editor
    mbmoore said:

I can see that we're not going see eye to eye on this and probably not much of anything else. If you and apparently most of the readers on this forum are the majority of Americans, there's not much hope for this country. If you can't see how corrupt the Democrat Party is (and most of the Republican leadership), the U.S. is doomed to Orwell's 1984. Trump/Vance are not the problem and they aren't the complete answer, either. The answer is in individual liberty and personal integrity with boundaries of community responsibility. We will not get that answer with people like Kamala Harris, Tim Walz, et al, and an almost totally corrupt Washington D.C. Someone like Trump (who is an outsider), and whoever would follow him after he is gone, are the only beginning (not total answer) that can stop them--that kind of oppositional leadership is what is needed at this time. I'm just trying to get people to think a little. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it is still a head scratcher to me that highly educate people would be willing to support totally corrupt politicians. I support Trump, not because I like him all that much (because I don't), but because he's the only one that has the guts and the ability to stand up to the Washington establishment. Que, sera, sera.
    I would love to hear how the Democratic Party and "most of the Republican leadership" is leading us on a path to 1984. Please elaborate. And your solution is what? To shift to a single party system, let's call it the MAGA party, to ensure peace, love, prosperity, and truth are upheld in the reborn country?
    sphericronnsconosciutoilarynx
  • Reply 95 of 105
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,563member
    Hiding from sources you disagree with because you don't like the truth doesn't make you clever. It makes you ignorant and if anything, more biased. The only news sources you have left are conspiracy theorists and people willing to say anything to line their pockets.

The person initially spreading the lie said they never had firsthand knowledge of anyone doing it. The so-called secret bodycam footage is old and from an incident that didn't occur in Springfield nor did it involve an immigrant of any kind.

Talk about propaganda,
     the pet eating stuff is classic racist nonsense meant to drive people to hate a specific group of people. It dehumanizes the group so you don't feel so bad when you drive them from their homes. But I suppose it's hard to know the facts if you ignore all the sources that report the news.
    +1. "Let's Make America Racist... oops, Freudian slip... Great Again"

UPDATE: In a television interview today, JD Vance admitted to sometimes making up stories in order to get a discussion going. This was apparently one of them. 
    edited September 15 muthuk_vanalingamronnsconosciutoilarynx
  • Reply 96 of 105
    gatorguy said:
    UPDATE: In a television interview today, JD Vance admitted to sometimes making up stories in order to get a discussion going. This was apparently one of them. 
    Ya don't say. 

Jesus Christ. 
    sconosciutoronn
  • Reply 97 of 105
    sdw2001 said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    ssfe11 said:
    🤦‍♂️
    I’ve seen at least four interviews where people are making specific claims substantially similar to this one. There are audio recordings of people calling 911 about this kind of behavior. Now, I’m not saying they are going around kidnapping people’s pets en masse. But there are credible reports about skinned cats, geese being slaughtered, roadkill being “prepared” in the middle of the road, and many more things. There is a video of people at council meetings, relaying these things in detail. So you can feel free to post all the snarky emojis you want. There’s obviously something bad going on, which is bound to happen when you dump more than the towns population of third world immigrants into it.
    "roadkill being “prepared” in the middle of the road"? Maybe we need to deport RFK, Jr?

There are some absolute batspit insane rantings of "people at council meetings" which also have no basis in reality.

As for the rest of the obviously BS claims, let me quote, "Do  you have evidence to support that? Because there is none that I can find."
    ronnspheric
  • Reply 98 of 105
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    ssfe11 said:
    ߤ榺wj;♂️
    1) If there was anyone pet's missing, you may want to see if Trump's buddy, RFKJ, was in town. Or does he only gain interest after they've he happens upon a bloated carcass?

2) Old man Trumpy also said it's all over the news in the most laughable part of the debate. For a group of people that love to say "do your own research" you really don't do your own research and your jump to blaming immigrants is deplorable. You're not even singling out those who may be here past their green card's validity, but are simply making a blanket statement about all immigrants from countries you deem as "3rd world". So the issue is now with all immigrants or just certain types of immigrants?

PS:. The "1st/2nd/3rd world" terms are no longer used and it's a term whose meaning I don't think you've ever understood.... which is a major reason why it's fallen out of use. I know this because you're referring to Haitian immigrants in your statement as being "3rd world" so it's clear you don't know that Haiti is "1st world" nation by the old Cold War terminology. I'm sure you'd never call Ireland or Sweden "3rd world" while also never calling Botswana or Namibia "1st world" countries, but that is the category they fell into. I'm not sure why you ever felt the numbering of counties was a ranking of countries based on the skin color or your personal likability, but you are not alone... which is really fucking sad because this should've been taught in middle or high school, at the very least.
    Well, this post well. Cheers.
  • Reply 99 of 105
    sbdude said:

You mean the last four years of a vegetable behind the Resolute Desk? I get it, Trump and Vance aren't anything close to beacons of honesty. But you're deluding yourself if you think the current administration and Kamala are somehow better, and deserving of the office.
    I do believe the current administration has respect for the constitution and rule of law - unlike the MAGA crowd attacking election officials, personal human rights, voters, and the judiciary for God's sake.

Seems like everything they touch they corrupt, and will do anything to win - they just have no ethical boundaries.

They are brownshirts pure and simple, and I shudder to think what Trump's hatred of Taylor Swift will bring from his cultish followers - and this for simply endorsing his opponent.

Well that and pointing out that he used a AI deepfake to make it look like she'd endorsed him. Who does that sort of thing anyway, and how distant from an ethical and truthful platform do you have to be to do it?
    edited September 16 sphericronnAppleZuluilarynx
  • Reply 100 of 105
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,409member
    All information is biased and underneath is some basis in truth unless the source is outright lying. Hiding from sources you disagree with because you don't like the truth doesn't make you clever. It makes you ignorant and if anything, more biased. The only news sources you have left are conspiracy theorists and people willing to say anything to line their pockets.

Whatever you believe, I wouldn't side with the ones actively trying to remove rights from its own citizens in the so-called "land of the free." White cis men with middle class or better incomes might have fared better under Trump, but no one else did. Women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and people of color's rights all suffered, and things would only get worse as Trump plans to attack child care, health care, social security, and retirement because he and his see government assistance as "socialism."

The only ones that benefit from Trump are rich stock holders and business owners, which thanks to systemic racism, is majority white.

I used to respect the Republican Party until it died and was replaced by the racist, hate filled MAGA extremists. There's nothing left of the old party. Just brainless sycophants that can't say anything bad about Trump on TV or else get razed on the failed Truth Social by the man on his gold toilet watching Fox News.

If me wanting to see a better America where all of its citizens can prosper no matter their race, religion, or gender is "leftist propaganda," I'd hate to see what people think the country should be like. It's time for us to love our neighbor and mind our own damn business.

BTW: The people talking about the pet thing, it's a proven hoax. The person initially spreading the lie said they never had firsthand knowledge of anyone doing it. The so-called secret bodycam footage is old and from an incident that didn't occur in Springfield nor did it involve an immigrant of any kind. Talk about propaganda, the pet eating stuff is classic racist nonsense meant to drive people to hate a specific group of people. It dehumanizes the group so you don't feel so bad when you drive them from their homes. But I suppose it's hard to know the facts if you ignore all the sources that report the news.
    This is my rebuttal to Wesley and to the 12 people who clicked Like on his post in support of what he wrote.

That defensive argument, written by a journalist, saying that "all info is biased" is poppycock in that not all info is EQUALLY BIASED!  That is key.  Anyone who read and properly understood my earlier post about the bulk of American "journalism" (which is often more "entertainment" than true journalism), is so biased it falls into the category of "propaganda."  Yes, the same term we use for the government-controlled news media of North Korea.

Next, the statement that says "hiding from sources you disagree with because you don't like the truth" is also poppycock for the same reason.  Such a ridiculous statement can basically be used to chastise anyone who refuses to listen to North Korea state media because those folks are somehow "hiding from the truth."

As I said, most mainstream media in America has a strong Liberal Left slant to it.  But even the news which is on the right is also strongly biased.  This wasn't always the way the media in the USA behaved.  It has slowly grown to be this way over time.  And no surprises, really.  Media outlets are for profit businesses that get higher ratings and more viewers when then feed their readership's/viewership's baser instincts (bad news and controversy attracts more flies than good news), so they are constantly driven to say the outrageous and thereby inflame the passions of a populace which is already polarized beyond words.

My desire to avoid news sources that dish out fodder for fools doesn't make me a fool or more biased. For example, I don't need to better my life by researching every aspect of mass murder in order to know murder in general is wrong.  We can be highly selective about what news sources we view and still be a sufficiently-informed and respectable human being.

So to argue that I should in fact be reading or watching MSNBC (and the like) for an objective take on conservative Republicans (for example) is laughably ridiculous.  Equally ridiculous would be for me to investigate an objective take on Kamala Harris by way of FOX news.  Even so, with the vast majority American media outlets being predominantly left/liberal, it's impossible to not get fed some of their propaganda from time to time, even when trying to avoid it.

As to "conspiracy theorists and people willing to say anything to line their pockets," according to your "we shouldn't hide our eyes" philosophy, it would appear you would want us to read that stupidity too.  At least, it would seem we should, if in fact your advice is 100% consistent.  But because I dislike your advice, I shall make attempts to hide my eyes from those crazies as well.  And don't get me started on the Flat Earth nutcases!

Your use of "cis men" reveals your political biases rather clearly. Your post also attacks Trump rather forcefully.  That tells me that future articles written by you here on AppleInsider will be infused with your strong biases when it comes to political matters.  

Whether we like it or not, nearly half of American voters seem willing to vote Mr. T. this November, so whenever I see people slamming the x-President, I see them also slamming every voter interested in supporting the man for President.  Of course, you did more than just that, Wesley.  You labeled nearly half of America (those wanting to vote for Trump) as "MAGA extremists."  That sort of callous brashness is precisely why America has become so polarized.  

Lastly, you ended your post on "the pet hoax," but the reality is that the so-called moderators of the second Presidential debate sought to moderate only Mr. Trump with real-time fact checking, and they did not call out the Vice President on anything she said which was an untruth.  That leaves the viewer to believe everything she said was truth.  And this is why real-time fact checking only really works to inflame passions, rather than inform.  Interjecting fact-checking for only one of the two candidates is yet another example of bias intended to swaying voter opinion.  It's therefore rather amusing so many have expressed past concerns about Russia or foreign election interference, when the US mass media does more to impact the vote than any other organization or government on earth.

So how do we dispense with that all that negativity and follow the sage advice of Rodney King in order to "get along"?  Well, we must first discard the bad advice which tells us to view all sources of news equally.  Indeed, if we all turned off our TVs and stopping gobbling down every piece of so-called "news" cast in our direction, we would be friendlier and happier over all.  We would have fewer accusations to make against others.  Of course, having a heart of compassion and love for our fellow man is key to getting along too.  But much of the time, our love waxes cold when we allow our eyes and minds to be fed with "propaganda" prancing around as "news."

If "a house divided cannot stand," and I believe that to be truth, what hope is there of America in the long run if we don't seek to shelter our thoughts and minds from bad things and fill our minds with good?  Therefore, let us be highly selective about what we consume, and seek to treat our neighbor with the same love and respect as we would want them to direct toward us.
    RobJenk