iPhone

Comments

• Reply 41 of 112
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Aaaand the article also says that OTA sync is pegged for a later release ... ahem ... just like I said.

(is there a smug smilie?)
  • Reply 42 of 112
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    counting down the days eh harald...
  • Reply 43 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

counting down the days eh harald...

Yeh ... can't wait to get my hands on as P810 ...
  • Reply 44 of 112
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Yeh ... can't wait to get my hands on a P810 ...

Ah. And when do you surmise that will be, Harald? I'm still patiently sitting on the phone-fence, so I'd love to hear anything you know about upcoming products.

Escher
  • Reply 45 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Ah. And when do you surmise that will be, Harald? I'm still patiently sitting on the phone-fence, so I'd love to hear anything you know about upcoming products.

Escher

Not until winter I would hypothesise.
  • Reply 46 of 112
    This thread title continues to miff me. It has little or nothing to do with an allegid iPhone.

Why not make some more 3D mock ups. (common graphic design students, I know you have nothing better to do on a Wednesday afternoon)
  • Reply 47 of 112
    Quote:

Not until winter I would hypothesise.

T610 it is, then! Or should I wait for the purely hypothetical iPhone? That is the conundrum.

As always, waiting can only save me money since I don't actually need a mobile phone.

Escher
  • Reply 48 of 112
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    With that announcement by sony about the PSP portable gameplayer...oled screens, e paper, 3D graphics for portables, holographic keyboard input devicesm, 30 gig memory the size of a stick of gum, by 2005 we will all be able to be james bond... now if I could just afford that Aston Martin
  • Reply 49 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Producer

now if I could just afford that Aston Martin

• Reply 50 of 112
    eWeek has just posted a new article about QuickTime 6.3, which will supposedly support "mobile devices." Nick Ciarelli and Matthew Rothenberg's articles are always well-researched and well-founded, so there has to be solid basis for their claim.

The obvious question now is what "mobile devices" QT 6.3 will support. Will QT support existing phones like the Sony Ericsson T610 and P800? Or will it support an Apple-branded device as well, e.g. the "communication device" mentioned by MacRumors? What do you guys think of this? Harald?

Escher
  • Reply 51 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

The obvious question now is what "mobile devices" QT 6.3 will support. Will QT support existing phones like the Sony Ericsson T610 and P800? Or will it support an Apple-branded device as well, e.g. the "communication device" mentioned by MacRumors? What do you guys think of this? Harald?

Escher

Interesting and I belive it. What he said basically. 3gPP is good for QT as it will be on a lot of devices.

The T610 is an interesting and very powerful (albeit slow, sorry) device.

It is an application platform as much as a phone. Or rather, it does java very impressively ... there is not a java implementation of QT that I know of however ... I might do some research into how the DoCoMo phones are implementing 3gPP. I do know that Sony Ericsson are producing some amazing devices for the Japanese market.

This thread rocks. Pile in people.
  • Reply 52 of 112
    so this is the bringing together of the announcement from a while ago about apple/quicktime supplying the infrastructure for delivering content to mobiles...

QT out to my P800 would be sweet, but as Harald says, its got to be Java. I'm off to surf/research and do no work for the rest of the day...

• Reply 53 of 112
    thai moofthai moof Posts: 76member
    Quote:

The T610 is an interesting and very powerful (albeit slow, sorry) device.

How does it compare to the T68i? The T68i is...ummm...well...slow. And, how shall I say it, it has its idiosyncrasies (read: bugs). The T610 looks impressive, but if it is just more of the same I see no reason to replace my T68i. Of course, I am really waiting for Apple to come out with something, but not sure I can hold my breath for that long
  • Reply 54 of 112
    anyone know what day apple tends to release software updates (if there is such a set date?)

wondering if isync 1.1 will make an appearence this week or next...
  • Reply 55 of 112
    Quote:

wondering if isync 1.1 will make an appearence this week or next...

Think Secret just posted a third iSync report, which states that the update is now scheduled for an early June release.

What's more exciting to me is that iSync 1.1 will support the Motorola T720, one of the phones I'm closely considering, via USB-cable.

Escher
  • Reply 56 of 112
    this is interesting (from the ThinkSecret article):

The update will reportedly support three Symbian phones over Bluetooth -- the Sony Ericsson P800, Nokia 7650, and Nokia 3650 -- using, as one source said, some sort of PPP bridging for synchronization

Harald, any ideas on that?

Can't believe its been put back yet more weeks. I've even given away my old Palm now, so I have an unsynched P800 staring at me willing to be used...
  • Reply 57 of 112
    Quote:

this is interesting (from the ThinkSecret article):

The update will reportedly support three Symbian phones over Bluetooth -- the Sony Ericsson P800, Nokia 7650, and Nokia 3650 -- using, as one source said, some sort of PPP bridging for synchronization

Harald, any ideas on that?

Can't believe its been put back yet more weeks. I've even given away my old Palm now, so I have an unsynched P800 staring at me willing to be used...

<smacks head>

DUH, of course. Damn, if this is true it's so simple and so smart.

Problems using one protocol over Bluetooth? Use another! The P800 is happy to use IP data over Bluetooth all over the device ... you can surf using your PCs DSL connection.
  • Reply 58 of 112
    DIE THREAD DIE!

(How many times to I come in here every time it tops the list to see if someone has any 'real' info)

Can we at LEAST change the theard title to 'Bluetooth Phones'?
  • Reply 59 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

DIE THREAD DIE!

(How many times to I come in here every time it tops the list to see if someone has any 'real' info)

Can we at LEAST change the theard title to 'Bluetooth Phones'?

Ask Johnathon.

By the way, I read the article and it says no SyncML in iSync. This still doesn't matter if the P800 uses the .Mac OTA server and the Mac's internet connection.

Which I would peg for Panther ...
  • Reply 60 of 112
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Ask Johnathon.

By the way, I read the article and it says no SyncML in iSync. This still doesn't matter if the P800 uses the .Mac OTA server and the Mac's internet connection.

Which I would peg for Panther ...

Would that not tie the P800 to .Mac, meaning without .Mac your stuffed? That would quite rightly be unpopular.