existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I can't stand the sight of you.

I can't stand what you put me through.

Your life's a lie, that you hide.

Is it that terrible being you inside?

I can't stand, oh, the thought of you.

I can't stand all the things you do.

What do you try to justify?

You were just too scared to be you inside.

Let it all out...

Let it all go...

I look at you, all I see, is a man too afraid to really be...

I can't stand what you put me through.

I can't stand even the thought of you.

Your secret lies that you hide.

Is it that terrible being you inside?

You try so hard to be wanted.

False emotions tells you fronted.

I think being a person relies on one thing:

Be yourself, let you come through.

You're too afraid to really be,

Someone who isn't false, who doesn't care to be.

Be yourself, let you come through!

Fake!

You'll regret it, you'll regret it...
  • Reply 22 of 665
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    I will spontaneously combust if this is true.

Sh!+ meet pants!

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

• Reply 23 of 665
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

It's a shame that wide dissemination of these tests is going to completely destroy PM sales (and hence Apple's cashflow/profitability) until those 970 boxes are out of the door.

More so than they are now? PM sales have already tanked. People only want to upgrade to the same hardware a limited number times, especially when the same hardware continues to fall behind the competition.
  • Reply 24 of 665
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    When I say "completely destroy", I mean utter flatline: I have seen a few folks purchasing PMs recently, but this could sound the death-knell even for that trickle.
  • Reply 25 of 665
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    It's too bad the article makes no mention of the graphics cards used, or anything other than it's a beta Panther, and those #'s. I'd like to know exactly what we are dealing with here.
  • Reply 26 of 665
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

It's too bad the article makes no mention of the graphics cards used.....

Rage 128 with 8MB VRAM
  • Reply 27 of 665
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

Apologies for the disorientation.

I posted a new thread since I didn't see this news mentioned in the two or three other active 970 threads...at least when I looked at the posts dated May 5th earlier today.

No hard feelings
  • Reply 28 of 665
    nmr guynmr guy Posts: 22member
    Quote:

Mac fans, our wait will be rewarded. The fight is over and Apple will soon rule the world !

Oh, and...

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"
  • Reply 29 of 665
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NMR Guy

Oh, and...

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

• Reply 30 of 665
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    "Even as I speak to you, the Richmond hordes are dying in their Wintel boxes: their mothers will be burying them in ATX cases"
  • Reply 31 of 665
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    People. I just mailed Lionel of Macbidoullie about the Bryce benchmarks. Here's the answer I got:

Quote:

It seems there was a problem with this bench. However I didn't want to modify my source's information to stick to reality. The results are the ones sent to me.

Perhaps Dual 970 Works like a dual core CPU.

If it was a fake, i didn?t make a so big mistake

Best regards

Lionel

• Reply 32 of 665
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    hehe this has just made the front page of /.
  • Reply 33 of 665
    artcatartcat Posts: 19member
    Quote:

I don't care the Bryce benchmark, but I DO care about Cinema

The Cinema benches don't look right either. The dual 1.8 970 should have a render time of 10-13 seconds, not 18 (based on the single 1.4 970 score of 29). Something's wrong here.
  • Reply 34 of 665
    Quote:

Originally posted by artcat

The Cinema benches don't look right either. The dual 1.8 970 should have a render time of 10-13 seconds, not 18 (based on the single 1.4 970 score of 29). Something's wrong here.

Some scene files also affect rendering speed.....

As far as I can tell. Rendering in Cinema is divided into two parts. Preparation and Rendering. Each frame has to be prepared before rendering. The preparation part is NOT MP aware. If there are lots of texture maps and shadows and lights......there will be a huuuuuuuuge slow down in the preparation before it actually starts the rendering
  • Reply 35 of 665
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

based on what logic?

remember there are diminishing returns to multiple processors, especially with apps which are not explicitly optimized for them...
  • Reply 36 of 665
    Quote:

based on what logic?

Something like this:

Cinema gets ~1.85x improvement with dual processors (according to CineBench). So 29 sec. for single 1.4 970 would translate to ~15.6 seconds for a dual 1.4. A dual 1.8 970 should score better than 15.6 sec. (I did a rough horseback guesstimate to get 10-13 sec.)

edit: Cinema is most definitely optimized for dual. It's even optimized for hyper threading where supported (some of the Pentiums?)
  • Reply 37 of 665
    just one other comment: shouldn't a single 1.8 970 be ~25% (or a bit more) faster than a single 1.4 970? I'm not a programmer or a math whiz by any means, but this seems right. So a single 1.8 ought to bench at 21 sec or so, so a dual 1.8 ought to bench at 11 - 13. I dunno, I just make pictures
  • Reply 38 of 665
    Quote:

Something like this:

Cinema gets ~1.85x improvement with dual processors (according to CineBench). So 29 sec. for single 1.4 970 would translate to ~15.6 seconds for a dual 1.4. A dual 1.8 970 should score better than 15.6 sec. (I did a rough horseback guesstimate to get 10-13 sec.)

edit: Cinema is most definitely optimized for dual. It's even optimized for hyper threading where supported (some of the Pentiums?)

Please read my response above regarding preparation and rendering. Dual CPU system on short render isn't very efficient compare to huge rendering that takes at least 2-3 minutes.....

Or maybe those people accidentally swapped the Cinema and Bryce benchmarks
  • Reply 39 of 665
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marcus

hehe this has just made the front page of /.

And, between this and the Music Store numbers today, Apple's stock was up over $2 at some points today.
  • Reply 40 of 665
    markusmarkus Posts: 17member
    Are you really all convinced by MB rumors?