something new

Comments

• Reply 21 of 146
    Like the 'glass' casing. Bit heavy on the speedo lines. Not sure about the 'handles'.

Hmmm. Is that the 'mesh grill'...the copious use of aluminium frontage we were hearing about?

Hmmm.

Like all Apple kit...if Ives has designed it then it will look loads better in person.

Could be the real deal, folks. Oh Moki? Whither art thou?

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 22 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    After pondering this a bit more, I think it might be legit..but not the PM970 we've been expecting. Maybe this is the 2U (although it looks more 4U) Xserve speculated? A BladeBox? Looks very Xserve/Xraid like to me. Too much 'business' not enough 'pleasure' IMO.
  • Reply 23 of 146
    It seems a little 'heavy' on the front. Most unlike Ives. But...if its 'hairdryer' 'mean machine' 'Snail Roasting' next gen' machine...it clearly says: 'I am in no way associated with the previous 'G4 thing - el Cap'.

Says 'Workstation'. But, why so ugly?

Looks a step back in some ways.

SHUT UP LEMON! SHUT UP! BAD LEMON. ieese...be smeeeagol...waits must i.....be gooorgeous in persson...

NOOOOO. UGLY!

...hmmmm...pretty....my precious...

I suppose angelfire had his crotch all over it when he smuggled it out.

That COULD make a difference.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 24 of 146
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    i dont understand the blur, you can tell it is something darker then everything else
  • Reply 25 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

i dont understand the blur, you can tell it is something darker then everything else

It's the 'Centrino Inside' sticker.
  • Reply 26 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

Why do all these "spy photos" have to be so darned blurry and "crumpled"?

UFO photos are exactly the same, and I know those are true.
  • Reply 27 of 146
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

After pondering this a bit more, I think it might be legit..but not the PM970 we've been expecting. Maybe this is the 2U (although it looks more 4U) Xserve speculated? A BladeBox? Looks very Xserve/Xraid like to me. Too much 'business' not enough 'pleasure' IMO.

If the black line in the middle is the CD drive (as it appears to be), then we would know that it's a tower and not a rackmount. So I don't think this is in the Xserve family.
  • Reply 28 of 146
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Either its a hilarious hoax or if real the person has no idea who Worker Bee was. First rule to posting a photo of an unreleased machine:

Never ever create a site and host it yourself. You send it to another site and let them throw it up. Worker Bee put pics of the new mouse on a yahoo website. Apple subpoenaed yahoo and got the IP of the person who created the site and nailed Worker Bee.
  • Reply 29 of 146
    coscos Posts: 99member
    Quote:

The rumor was that they were going to put USB and Firewire ports on the front. I always thought that idea sounded wrong... too PCish (unfinished). Whether this is real or not, who knows, but the blured section on the corner could simply be the spot where the designer thought it might be best to but all frontside ports.
  • Reply 30 of 146
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Quote:

It could be a result of feedback Apple may have received from business users-- ElCap & the rest of Apple's line is just not "business like" enough.

Quote:

I suppose angelfire had his crotch all over it when he smuggled it out.

Actually angelfire is the name of the web hosting service. dontask brought us this blessed picture.
  • Reply 31 of 146
    why would they use slot loading? what if you wanted to change the drive?
  • Reply 32 of 146
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    oops
  • Reply 33 of 146
    Quote:

If this is from a brochure, then the blur could be the tape sealing the stack of brochures....
  • Reply 34 of 146
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

Looks a step back in some ways.

Oh, yeah, let's go for the "dodecahedron", or the "G5 kitchen bin".

A lot of that squareness seems to be the cutout, there's bits of background, "handles" look rounded, corners seem to match?
  • Reply 35 of 146
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    The blurred corner could contain something that could give him away. A date? A stamp?
  • Reply 36 of 146
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

What if the side of the machine that is blurred out contains the USB/FW ports? So its sort of on the front of the machine. Also, the top of the box looks like it could fit another drive in there as an option. \

Well. The bottom of the front side looks like a door or some sort....the ports maybe just behind it.

My PC case has 2 USB ports on front but covered by the plastic door. It's so much better with something to cover the ports. The case looks much better
  • Reply 37 of 146
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Quote:

[...]Scanner error? Photoshop mishap?[...]

Looks much too deliberate for that.

Quote:

If this is from a brochure, then the blur could be the tape sealing the stack of brochures....

Looks too perfectly square for that. It seems to have been purpously blurred in photoshop.

Quote:

The blurred corner could contain something that could give him away. A date? A stamp?

That's what I was thinking-- maybe one of those stamped metal stickers some shops put on the computers they sell.
  • Reply 38 of 146
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

UFO photos are exactly the same, and I know those are true.

But, remember the MDD pictures, everyone said "fake, too blurry, too fugly" (right on the second count anyway).
  • Reply 39 of 146
    The obvious dark section in the blurred area could be some sort of identifying label (i.e., serial number or some such).

As for the rumored ports on the front -- assuming the rumor to be true -- they could be located just above the bottom handle, recessed and oriented somewhat downward in the bezel above the handle itself. Easy to access, but unobtrusive when not in use. Seems to me like the way Ives might do it, no?

Just a thought.
  • Reply 40 of 146
    For what it's worth, it seems that the file was created in Photoshop 3.0....