Panther Requests? (with full details and screenshots from AppleInsider)

Comments

• Reply 521 of 552
    I don't think it's posted yet but you can take a video snapshot for your user pic. I'm really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for new screenshots.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/inactionman/UserPics.jpg
  • Reply 522 of 552
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

I don't think it's posted yet but you can take a video snapshot for your user pic. I'm really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for new screenshots.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/inactionman/UserPics.jpg

That actually is pretty cool.
  • Reply 523 of 552
    According to macrumors.com, Apple has seeded a new build of Panther. The new build is 7B21 and is not available through Software Update. I guess the first seed actually was just to Test SU and subsequent builds will only be available to those that actually attended WWDC.

Can anyone that has Panther and does not have a parrot on their shoulder shed some light on this build? New Features? Bug Fixes?
  • Reply 524 of 552
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

The new build is 7B21 and is not available through Software Update.

No, because it's a major update and now consists of 3 CDs.
  • Reply 525 of 552
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Can anyone that has Panther and does not have a parrot on their shoulder shed some light on this build? New Features? Bug Fixes? [/B]

So far all I know is that the servers are getting slammed and I am getting 3 kilobytes per second download. Will report back later on whatever is vague enough.

Stay tuned.
  • Reply 526 of 552
    (small) Panther feature that I have seen menionned yet :

When System Preferences is started, a long click on its icon display an extended menu with all the different preference pane, just like the view menu on Jaguar.

P.
  • Reply 527 of 552
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's in Jag too.
  • Reply 528 of 552
    Well I was not sure so I rebooted on jaguar, an it is not (10.2.6)
  • Reply 529 of 552
    Odd.... it was there a while ago... *shrug*
  • Reply 530 of 552
    richyfprichyfp Posts: 19member
    Quote:

Originally posted by philrobin

Well I was not sure so I rebooted on jaguar, an it is not (10.2.6)

That is good news. However, from what I have seen, this menu is still not available from "System Preferences..." in the Apple menu (similar to the OS 9 Control Panels sub-menu). Maybe some developer could send feedback about that.
  • Reply 531 of 552
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

Does the mute button work with iSub in 10.3?

no, the iSub still is independent of the system wide mute... (i just got my iSub )
  • Reply 532 of 552
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

What does Fast User Switching do with dual monitors? I assume both would change since it is really the spanning of one desktop, but I've never seen this.

BTW can someone do a screen grab of that?

Just trying to bring back my question, above. So how does the FastUserSwitching work with dual monitors?

Thanks
  • Reply 533 of 552
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

Just trying to bring back my question, above. So how does the FastUserSwitching work with dual monitors?

Thanks

The main screen does the cube effect while the secondary screen just fades.
  • Reply 534 of 552
    Just so we have *some* clarity, please direct posts regarding the new 7B21 build of Panther to the *other* thread in this room. Thenk yew.

Continue discussing 7A** builds in here.
  • Reply 535 of 552
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    anyone know if there is a way to use screen corners in the WWDC build?
  • Reply 536 of 552
    Quote:

Originally posted by C47

Well I can say that so far limited Finder testing has shown that copying files into another folder shows them immediatly. I haven't had to fresh anything yet!

Playing around with the other apps shows an amazing amount of tweaks. Take the Terminal for example, look into the Windows settings Apple has provided a number of default colour options (green on black, white on blue, etc), using a picture as the background!, keyboard actions (assign a command to a keystroke), connecting to a server using different protocols! and MUCH more. Terminal geeks will rejoice for sure

Textual programmes that use ANSI colour, such as the game Angband, now display correctly in Panther, thanks to xterm-color:

http://members.sonic.net/~merenbac/a...screenshot.pdf
  • Reply 537 of 552
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I triple-dog-dare someone to post another cool Panther screenshot...

ill take that dare....

• Reply 538 of 552
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    This is the wrong panther thread to be posting in, I think.
  • Reply 539 of 552
    Paul got it right (WWDC build Q), andrewm on down should be posting in the 7B** thread conveniently stuck to the top of this forum.

Thenk yew.
  • Reply 540 of 552
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Paul got it right (WWDC build Q), andrewm on down should be posting in the 7B** thread conveniently stuck to the top of this forum.

Thenk yew.

You mean me? I'm not Paul. I'm Sammy. (aka torifile)