Rush Limbaugh praises Apple/G5 on radio show, criticizes politics

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wanted to let you guys know that Rush Limbaugh talked about the new G5 on his radio show today.

Quote:

The G5 is going to go to 64 bits, and it's going to change everything - which is why I'm so frustrated that this technology isn't more mainstream.

Quote:

It is so so so superior. It's not even close. And of course these committed Windows users won't believe you or have any guts to change or try...

Listen to him talk about it (Windows Media)

Web site about it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 75
    Damnit, now I have to hate the G5, because that man is my antithesis.
  • Reply 2 of 75
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    He was talking about the 2MHz ones, so don't worry about it.

Anyway, it's kind of cool to hear it discussed like that.
  • Reply 3 of 75
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    For the terminally clueless around here, Limbaugh has long-championed the platform and praises Apple and the Mac every time the subject comes up.

Hey, I think Steve Jobs is the coolest person that's ever come down the pike, despite his - no doubt - ultra-flaming leftness. I don't let that bother me one single bit. He makes my life really enjoyable and fun and productive.

So, anyone entertaining notions of liking their Mac a little less because some rightwing radio motormouth says he digs 'em, you might fall into the classification: idiotus politicus.

• Reply 4 of 75
    I was entirely kidding in that I think it's any less cool. However I really do not like Rush.
  • Reply 5 of 75
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Good for him. I wonder if he ever visits AppleOutsider.

• Reply 6 of 75
    I know, eliza...I figured you were just being silly. But, over the years, I've actually come across people who WEREN'T.

Not to the point of selling their Mac, of course, but to the point of saying/doing some other really dumb things that, really, only hurt or inconvenienced them. Not Apple and certainly not Limbaugh.

And BRussell...probably not. And I wouldn't recommend it. My participation in the Thurmond thread is already making me dizzy. I think I'll abstain from further visits to that thread and just stick to the fun stuff in these other sections of AI.

Anyway, takes all kinds I suppose. For every Perry Farrell or whoever who digs and promotes the platform, you're gonna get your Limbaughs. And that's cool because I really don't like Farrell.

Cool how that works!
  • Reply 7 of 75
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

So, anyone entertaining notions of liking their Mac a little less because some rightwing radio motormouth says he digs 'em, you might fall into the classification: idiotus politicus.

Actually, when I found out Rush liked Macs back when Apple announced algore to the board, my heart was content in knowing that I am not the only member of the vast right-wing conspiracy to own a Mac.
  • Reply 8 of 75
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I know he said it was politics in the leadership, but what he was actually talking about were business practices. Notice how he completely ignored the caller's comments about ousting Al Gore from the board. He does need to make sure he gets the lingo right next time though!
  • Reply 9 of 75
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i thought GWB was a Mac user too.

now if we could just get McCain using Macs i'd be happy. at least the mindless drones that listen to the right wing media echo chamber will all have the benefits of the G5 rattling around in their head.

• Reply 10 of 75
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    yeah, now maybe all the dittoheads will buy macs...

and i still like pscates, even though he is completely wrong about flaming liberals...

g
  • Reply 11 of 75
  • Reply 12 of 75
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

yeah, now maybe all the dittoheads will buy macs...

and i still like pscates, even though he is completely wrong about flaming liberals...

g

I love the rediculous HUMOR!

Fellows
  • Reply 13 of 75
    Notice the server ? ?

http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rus...3_15_vince.asx

akamai ? WOW

Fellows
  • Reply 14 of 75
    Notcie the format? Windows Media...Rush needs to raise a stink with his web jockeys and network bigwigs.
  • Reply 15 of 75
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

You can take the boy out of AppleOutsider...

I listened to the stream, and it's kind of amusing to think Limbaugh is a Mac drone. He sounds like a 13 year old fanboy on that clip:

IBM chips - it's going to be a first

it's going to double anything in the wintel world

profit every quarter since Jobs returned

most of their profit is coming from iTunes music store

uh-huh

And like Eugene and I don't understand how Apple's "politics" is keeping their market share down.
  • Reply 16 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Notcie the format? Windows Media...Rush needs to raise a stink with his web jockeys and network bigwigs.

If I knew his iChatAV AIM screen name I would drop him a line or an AV conference

hehehehe like him or not would be cool to have a chat with Rush

Fellows
  • Reply 17 of 75
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

And like Eugene and I don't understand how Apple's "politics" is keeping their market share down.

I think it's things like the fact that Steve won't 'rub elbows' with Rush. If a liberal as popular as Rush had a radio show as popular as Rush's, Apple would be all over it. Steve apparently refuses to deal with Rush even though it would make good business sense.
  • Reply 18 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I think it's things like the fact that Steve won't 'rub elbows' with Rush. If a liberal as popular as Rush had a radio show as popular as Rush's, Apple would be all over it. Steve apparently refuses to deal with Rush even though it would make good business sense.

Rush didn't mention any of that though. He sounded more like a Mac fanboy than a political pundit as BRussell already said. He even sidestepped the caller's Al Gore attack.

But yes, Apple should try to get in touch with the stereotypical Rush listeners...the NASCAR crowd basically. I wonder how many of them eat Kellogg's cereal, prefer UPS to FedEx, shop at Home Depot, use Dupont paint, drink Bud, and use Cingular just because they saw the logos on a 'stock' car.
  • Reply 19 of 75
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I'm switching to Amiga.
  • Reply 20 of 75
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    LOL.

Wow but it would make such good business sense to market Macs as so easy to use even Bush can use them!

You ever heard the "Macs are for morons?" God that makes PC users sound so damn stupid. I mean, yeah, that is good! If Bush can use a Mac then they must be pretty easy to use!