sick of waiting... Powerbook/iBook info, guesses, wild speculation anyone?

Comments

• Reply 281 of 304
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Yep, this is basically what macbidouille is saying. It'd be cool if it were true. They mention iMacs, too. If so, what'll Steve announce at Mac expo Paris? Apple consultants have been given a special rebate on Mac purchases that expires the day before the keynote. Coincidence?
  • Reply 282 of 304
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Personally, I think the PowerBooks will be bumped on the 18th or 19th. iMacs will updated at MacExpo Paris. That's just the way I see it.
  • Reply 283 of 304
    naufnauf Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Personally, I think the PowerBooks will be bumped on the 18th or 19th. iMacs will updated at MacExpo Paris. That's just the way I see it.

I really hope so!
  • Reply 284 of 304
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Another rumor says that the 7457 processor will go to an alpahbetical nomenclature to discern the two diff processors..

So instead of "G4", the 4th letter of the alphabet will be used. "D".

So on August 18th or 19th , you can call the Apple store and say..

"Send me a GD 15" PowerBook"

Bitch Bitch Moan Moan... tired of waiting...

MSKR
  • Reply 285 of 304
    its so dumb to keep on guessing and trusting "reliable" sources......

just wait....

I really want the new PB as well.....but me moaning about it doesnt make it come any faster

.....so just go out and enjoy life until the PB comes out, because youll be playing with that all day when you get it.
  • Reply 286 of 304
    naufnauf Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackwind212

its so dumb to keep on guessing and trusting "reliable" sources......

just wait....

I really want the new PB as well.....but I me moaning about it doesnt make it come any faster

.....so just go out and enjoy life until the PB comes out, because youll be playing with that all day when you get it.

Well said blackwind! I must admit, however, that if a G5 PB were to come out say on the 19th of August (like some have speculated on these boards), I'd be so happy that'd I'd prolly pass out. Either way, rest assured that the new PB's are coming (G4 or G5) and everyday that passes we get one day closer.
  • Reply 287 of 304
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nauf

Well said blackwind! I must admit, however, that if a G5 PB were to come out say on the 19th of August (like some have speculated on these boards), I'd be so happy that'd I'd prolly pass out. Either way, rest assured that the new PB's are coming (G4 or G5) and everyday that passes we get one day closer.

Now there's a good bet...
  • Reply 288 of 304
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    I really hope that the new Powerbooks have ATI graphics cards, becuase nvidea sux. If they make the new 15in have some cheap nforce go mmx mobile nvidea POS, ill get the Ti Pb ....jk\
  • Reply 289 of 304
    Quote:

Originally posted by NEMESIS

I really hope that the new Powerbooks have ATI graphics cards, becuase nvidea sux. If they make the new 15in have some cheap nforce go mmx mobile nvidea POS, ill get the Ti Pb ....jk\

I hope your right...ATI all the way. I will still get the new 15-inch no matter what, though.
  • Reply 290 of 304
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackwind212

I really want the new PB as well.....but I me moaning about it doesnt make it come any faster

I can't help but think of Billy Crystal in the movie "When harry Met Sally" where Billy Crystal is sick and decides to just moan his way through the sickness...

"ennnnhhhhhh. Unnnnhhhhhh. uggggghhhh. uhhhhhhhhhhh."

This is how I am coping without a PowerBook now.

\

MSKR
  • Reply 291 of 304
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

I hope your right...ATI all the way. I will still get the new 15-inch no matter what, though.

Haha I'm in the same boat, I will get the 15" no matter what, but I am not waiting a day longer then the Paris Expo, if it isn't released then, I will buy the 15" TiBook. I do hope they update the 19th though so that I can have it in time for school Aug. 25
  • Reply 292 of 304
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Sorry, but I think that the 14" iBook is a HORRIBLE little machine. The screen blows, and there's almost nothing to justify the weight increase.

Ahem. I have a 14" iBook. Works fine. And at 1024x768 a 12" screen is small, 14" screen is less so.
  • Reply 293 of 304
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Howcome PC people (like I used to be) never care about this stuff?
  • Reply 294 of 304
    do you think the new powerbooks will have optical in/out like the G5s?? That would be crazy good...
  • Reply 295 of 304
    Optical audio I/O would be great. But I think the chances of it going into a PowerBook are nil.
  • Reply 296 of 304
    *l++*l++ Posts: 129member
    Given the 7457 lower power requirements (At 1Ghz it uses about 1/3 the power of an 800Mhz 7455), it seems a lot more likely that we will get a new Powerbook with 1 (or 2) 7457 than we will see a 1.2Ghz G5.

http://e-www.motorola.com/files/32bi...ote/AN2436.pdf
  • Reply 297 of 304
    Quote:

Optical audio I/O would be great. But I think the chances of it going into a PowerBook are nil.

why?
  • Reply 298 of 304
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    so does this translate into longer battery life??? and how much would it last longer than centrino????
  • Reply 299 of 304
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by psychobass213

why [are the chances of optical I/O on a PowerBook low]?

Jack panel space on a laptop is at a premium. You can't eliminate the analog I/O which more people would use than digital, so the optical jacks would be in addition to the analog jacks. That's a lot of jack panel space, and a lot of extra support electronics, for a feature of dubious value in a portable. Maybe, just maybe, this feature might make sense on the 17" -- more room to add the optical jacks, and more of a role as a desktop replacement to play into.
  • Reply 300 of 304
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,563member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Jack panel space on a laptop is at a premium. You can't eliminate the analog I/O which more people would use than digital, so the optical jacks would be in addition to the analog jacks.

Seems like I recall seeing jacks that combine optical and analog signals in one connector. If an analog jack is plugged in it makes electrical contact along the side. If you plug in an optical connector it picks up light transmitted along the access. I don't know how much extra space is required inside the machine.