G5 TV commercial: Anybody see it?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 102
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    It's a good intro ad.....I hope there is a campaign built around the G5 that tells WHY it's the 'worlds most powerful computer'.

I like Goldblum. He's got a reassuring voice. I'm glad they only use his voice, though. He's creepy-looking.
  • Reply 82 of 102
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by I, Fred

It's a good intro ad.....I hope there is a campaign built around the G5 that tells WHY it's the 'worlds most powerful computer'.

I like Goldblum. He's got a reassuring voice. I'm glad they only use his voice, though. He's creepy-looking.

The coarse voice seems to work pretty well for commercials in general. Witness the prevalence of Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Richard Dreyfuss, Roy Scheider, etc. in commercials.
  • Reply 83 of 102
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    I'd love to hear agent Smith's voice.

you'd like a G5, wouldn't you Mr. Anderson. to bad the second movie ruined it.
  • Reply 84 of 102
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Goldblums voice sounds to quiet and matter-of-fact. Steve's voice should have been used. Or anyone else with enthusiasm. Why not Ives?
  • Reply 85 of 102
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    I think Goldblum's voice has an appropriate overawed pedestrian sense to it that most professional bass tones wouldn't. That's especially good for "the world's fastest, most powerful."
  • Reply 86 of 102
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by I, Fred

• Reply 87 of 102
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Is it just me or is the ad just not there now? I get a broken qt movie graphic and no ad

Does someone had a direct linky to the big version?
  • Reply 88 of 102
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

Is it just me or is the ad just not there now? I get a broken qt movie graphic and no ad

Does someone had a direct linky to the big version?

Enjoy.
  • Reply 89 of 102
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Enjoy.

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/5/772/51/0b388d32eaec07/n øwsÖ÷ÆCæ7çÓóCóSøG3÷Ä<
  • Reply 90 of 102
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    The board appears to have screwed up the formatting. I fixed it up and made a tinyurl out of it. Unfortunately, when you download this, it makes a file that isn't the movie. I already knew about that file, but Apple redirects you to another file. The file they redirect you to (with the whole video) is the one I couldn't find.
  • Reply 91 of 102
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Cheers guys, mucho thanx..

• Reply 92 of 102
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    you can find it here

www.apple.com/hardware/ads
  • Reply 93 of 102
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The coarse voice seems to work pretty well for commercials in general. Witness the prevalence of Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Richard Dreyfuss, Roy Scheider, etc. in commercials.

And Gene Hackman. Actually, I'd have preferred that they dropped Goldblum, who seems as ominpresent as Kiefer these days since he voices Toyota ads.

I don't really care for the G5 ad, but it seems the way Apple's commercials are tracking: too much (and long) a set-up for too little payoff (iTunes singers, iPod dancing guy). The image of a person being blown through walls (into walls, over walls, whatever) has been used in softdrink, junkfood ads many times. It's not very provocative anymore.

OTTOMH (and I'm no ad person), a reinterpretation/modernization of the Maxell "Blown Away" concept would've been cool:

• Reply 94 of 102
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Indeed, Maxell has always had pretty good ads. I love the camera angle on the G5 tower at the end. It's like the angle that Apple used for the Yikes! PR photos. Makes the powermac look very, well, powerful.
  • Reply 95 of 102
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I think it's probably the best one they've had in a while, especially when trying to look at it from a non-apple user perspective.
  • Reply 96 of 102
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    The insurance company will never believe that.
  • Reply 97 of 102
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

The insurance company will never believe that.

LOL

I am going to start a PowerMac G5 insurance company. Coverage for any user who may get blowen away by its great power. I'll make millions!
  • Reply 98 of 102
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

LOL

I am going to start a PowerMac G5 insurance company. Coverage for any user who may get blowen away by its great power. I'll make millions!

or because all 9 fans turned on at the same time accidentally
  • Reply 99 of 102
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

LOL

• Reply 100 of 102
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

The fans don´t blow from that side. They suck. But then I guess the result would not have been so photogenic if they had shown the result of that.

"Why did you move your G5 away from the table and into the closet?"

"How could you tell I did that"

"The red stains on the wallpaper behind where it stood. Wasn´t that your cat?"