Is this the most popular Mac forum site?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by nx7oe

I am here because frankly, in the future, my title will be Moderator Justus

¿Right Jonathan?

(Under the Table, $500)

¿Can you at least put moderator in my title without me having to actually moderate the forums?

speaking of annoying members...
  • Reply 22 of 46
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    Quote:

¿What did I say?
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Bah! You beat me to it. So I came here right when I was new to the Mac. I had just gotten an iMac 450 DV+ (and now I am stuck on a Beige G3/333 because it broke.....) and was very excited about X. Now, hardly anyone here "knows" me but still, the community is great. When I hurt my back, I posted a thread, and while it is fine now, people came to care. Hah! But, for real, this is one quality forum. And now I am getting a (new to me) iBook 500. So yeah. Rock on AI!
  • Reply 24 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

you can get an ointment for that.....
  • Reply 25 of 46
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    If you want straight knowledge, the only one to visit is: http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenT...2&f=8300945231

Fanboyism kept to a tolerable minimum.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by I, Fred

If you want straight knowledge, the only one to visit is: http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenT...2&f=8300945231

ars is a ****ing hellhole filled with the biggest losers on earth. they are more pathetic..... even then me! and that's scary.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I came to AI to find mac gossip, I got sucked into AO cuz my job is even more miserable. Damned if I know why I keep coming back to AO, holy sheep, I could spend the time at work reading a book instead, mind-numbinhg menial bs job til I graduate, hopefully no longer than that.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by I, Fred

Self-gratifying elitism and over-moderation AT NO EXTRA COST!
  • Reply 29 of 46
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I think MacNN has the most forum traffic but its patrons tend to be younger, less mature, and less informed than what I now prefer.

Ars can have incredibly well informed technical threads. Yet, it often feels like you're listening to a conversation between geeks while the president of the company sits back and sees the forest through the trees.

AI, I like for our less naive rumor mongering
  • Reply 30 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I think AI's pretty cool, except for those members with a gagillion posts, LOSERS!
  • Reply 31 of 46
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Tell me about it!
  • Reply 32 of 46
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    AI is like a padded cell to me.

Speaking with a lurker of these fora today (there are tons of lurkers!), I realized that I've probably been abusing AO/Fireside Chat as a cathartic outlet too much. I'm starting to annoy myself as much as anyone else in that place -- and that's saying a LOT. Outside of the lunacy I contribute to over there, there are occasions when AO has some great fun threads, and many of the other fora here are just great to peek into with some regularity. There is a relatively high level of knowledge in all the fora. I don't frequent FH as much as others though, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Padded CeII!!
  • Reply 34 of 46
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I don't frequent FH as much as others though...

same here. i think it's because NO ONE knows what's coming until there's a leak from another site first. so it just becomes a big list of "what if's" and "i want's" without much purpose. the temporary insanity forums are fun though.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I like it here. It's the only online forum I've found that I actually want to hear what (most) people have to say. It's a very eclectic mix, and the IQ levels seem a bit higher than other places.

As far as AO goes, most of my time over there is scrolling through political threads watching BR bait SDW to the point he has a meltdown and his caps-lock key somehow gets stuck. Ahh, funny stuff. FH is a bit slow nowadays, and it seems most of the newer members stay over there feeding the 'New PowerBooks Tomorrow' thread.

Anyways, I like it here.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    When I was 12 I hung out at MacAddict.

I fit in well

Barto
  • Reply 37 of 46
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I was a member of this joint way before the big dark crash..

( This recent incarnation will do for now..)

Am also a member of the 68K liberation armies..& other Mac forums....but gave up on them all mainly coz they were very juvenile or filled with those horrid little avatars (sans stupid ego-drops )...

I like my gos..mainline without all the frilly bits..

• Reply 38 of 46
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Not the most popular, but it's the best because of that. I've been to nearly all the popular ones and they all suck compared to AI. Seriously. I feel like I know people here. Other places just don't compare.

But I'm addicted. Seriously. I had a job that was over 60 hours/week with nary a computer accessible last year and I STILL average over 4 posts a day! That's insane. When AI is down (or my internet connection isn't working [damn Charter!!]), I don't know what to do with myself.... I mean, I could thing of a few things, but even that gets old after a while .... too much. Sorry.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

[BWhen AI is down (or my internet connection isn't working [damn Charter!!]), I don't know what to do with myself.... I mean, I could thing of a few things, but even that gets old after a while .... too much. Sorry. [/B]

Try playing Bugdom..I find it still enjoyable after all these years....Ps all my past girlfriends thought it cute & sexy that a big tough guy like me could play Bugdom without blushing...

I usually invite them to play, them put them off the game by massaging their shoulders...the rest is not in the Bugdom programme..but we get turns to look for the ladybugs..
  • Reply 40 of 46
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I've always found AI to be the best place to belong to, but not really the biggest. MacNN is probably the biggest, but AI is kinda like home, in a weird, internet, psycho, I-Have-No-Life kinda way.