What will we see on the 27th??

Comments

• Reply 60 of 103
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>

hehe, east coast US.

BigC- I have the Cinema Display so i can only imagine how sweet the 23" HD is </strong><hr></blockquote>

Couldn't live without the ACD.. The 23" is but an Apple update away (lot of money though, but I'll expense it off) wonder what it will be like with dual monitors (23" and 22").

• Reply 62 of 103
    ...hmm wonder what <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0301/23.ilife.php"; target="_blank">this</a> means.
  • Reply 63 of 103
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
  • Reply 64 of 103
    For what it's worth, this thread's initial post has some clear merit. January 27 was the initial, tentative release date for the new hardware. We first were told the 27th date during Macworld Expo/San Francisco, but learned this week the the date has been changed. It's possible that this will be the weekend after iLife is released. -Nick
  • Reply 65 of 103
    fishdocfishdoc Posts: 189member
    I am a little confused by why hardware delays/presentations would cause delays in the software release.

Fish
  • Reply 66 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by jobes:

<strong>&lt;semantic&gt; afaik there was no declaration of war. sure, military action was authorised by congress, but only to liberate Kuwait. there was no political will to start seeing allied body bags pile up by pushing heavily into Iraq.</strong><hr></blockquote>

we have only declared war 5 times in our (US) history. Revolutionary, 1812, mexican-american(or was it spanish-american??), WWI, WWII.

In any case, I'd like to see updated iMacs...
  • Reply 67 of 103
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Could we see the release of Power Macs and iMacs with the Gobi chip as rumoured <a href="http://macedition.com/nmr/nmr_20030122.php"; target="_blank">here.</a> I thnk it is possible, I can't rember if the Gobi chip had a VPU.
  • Reply 68 of 103
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    I DON'T think we would go from a G4 chip to a G3.

iBook, maybe.
  • Reply 69 of 103
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    [quote] For what it's worth, this thread's initial post has some clear merit. January 27 was the initial, tentative release date for the new hardware. We first were told the 27th date during Macworld Expo/San Francisco, but learned this week the the date has been changed. It's possible that this will be the weekend after iLife is released. -Nick <hr></blockquote>

hey thanks nick...at least i have thinksecret covering my back on this info...even if i did steal the info from some crystal meth guy from up north of me....g
  • Reply 70 of 103
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I have to admit I'm very curious about what they'll release. I have this sneaking suspicion that they're going to significantly, if not radically, tweak their low end models.

Maybe it's just the MWSF hangover, but the whole-year stagnation of the iMac and eMac, combined with the out-of-the-blue announcements at MWSF, make me think they've got something unexpected in the works.

No inside info, as usual. Just a nagging feeling. No, it's not meth withdrawal.
  • Reply 71 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by MacJedai:

<strong>

. I really wish it would happen. The only thing better could Dual "PPC 970 + nVidia GeForce FX" + DDRII or dual channel DDR400.

Speed Kills </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah...kills Pentium 4s! :cool:
  • Reply 72 of 103
    hey, Apple let the iMac stagnate for an entire year now. i bet its gonna do the same thing with the power macs, and just get by with pathetically underrated specs until IBM can ship enough 970's. then, next september, BAM, we all get wowed with new power macs. of course it'll be a long, dry, painful road to get there, but its not like 1.4GHz chips from Motorola would really ease the pain that much.

just a theory.
  • Reply 73 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by Bigc:

<strong>

Yep, ordered my DP gigger on Jan 28, 2002. Still a good machine, but ready for any new machine. Can't wait any longer.

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Bigc ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

You've got a dual-gig and can't wait any longer to upgrade??!!? G3/266 here...I'm the one who can't wait any more. As soon as I get my tax refund I'm buying a new PM
  • Reply 74 of 103
    Apple's gotta make some moves besides the whole "Year of the Laptop" thing. I envision some problems with that already -- namely huge numbers of preorders with some people not getting their fancy new machines until late March or April, perhaps even May. We've seen it before. I don't know if the PowerMac market can hold between now and September (which is when I would think the 970-equipped macs would ship). Apple's gotta make some kind of bold consumer move again --- reinvigorate the success they had with the original iMac and white iBook (which is still a mainstay for Apple). I don't know, but I think we'll be surprised again as we [almost] were on January 7. I'd love to see them scrap the eMac and just send out a desktop like we had back with the G3s (which my family too still has, Derrick -- a 266 beige desktop). I think Apple could do something very nice in that arena -- a cheap-er (not necessarily cheap, mind you) tower or desktop with a PCI slot or two...or three.
  • Reply 75 of 103
    I'm slugging along with my 233 Bondi Blue iMac running Jaguar and continuing my Surfin' with Safari! My 12" Powerbook is still a few weeks out, I guess its because I upped the specs to the max 640/60 + SuperDrive. I'm going nuts waiting! I can't install the new software I bought because my current machine has no drive space available. Reminds me of my MacPlus. Long live the 68k!
  • Reply 76 of 103
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Mmmm, well, the 27th is my birthday, so maybe Apple will give me one (I dunno what...I just want something) for free!

That'd be nice...
  • Reply 77 of 103
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    You guys ought to be smoking less crack!
  • Reply 78 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by Derrick 61:

<strong>

You've got a dual-gig and can't wait any longer to upgrade??!!? G3/266 here...I'm the one who can't wait any more. As soon as I get my tax refund I'm buying a new PM</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well if they come out with Dual 1.4's and 200 MHz FSB, it will be more than 50% faster than what I have (which is my minimum percentage increase point for updating). Speed increase along with faster I/O with the DDR setup is worth it (YMMV).
  • Reply 79 of 103
    <a href="http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewLeisure.asp?Page=\Leisure\archive\200301 %5CLEI20030124b.html" target="_blank">20 Years Ago Today</a>
  • Reply 80 of 103
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>

If you read the thread you'd know that someone was mistaken when they thought the 27th was also the day the Persian Gulf War started which was in reference to a sarcastic reply about Saddam having a cache of 970s.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, the 27th is when Mr. Blix is scheduled to make his report to the UN security council. The 27th also seems to be the latest date we are all infatuated with for Jobs to release a product. Coincidence? I think not!

remind me to not use subtle humor in this group