Your favorite movie of all time

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Wow, old thread! I might have to change my mind here. After seeing Million Dollar Baby... I'm going out on a limb here and say it's probably the best movie ever made. Absolutely stunning movie. If anyone has not seen it yet, what in the world is wrong with you?
  • Reply 62 of 65
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Life With Father (1947)

William Powell/Irene Dunne classic comedy.

I've watched it 100 times and it never gets old.

A great movie was the African Queen with Bogart and Hepburn. Adventure, Romance and Excitement.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

Wow, old thread! I might have to change my mind here. After seeing Million Dollar Baby... I'm going out on a limb here and say it's probably the best movie ever made. Absolutely stunning movie. If anyone has not seen it yet, what in the world is wrong with you?

No Good movie but no.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thuh Freak View Post

my favorite is the Godfather Saga. its a little diff from 1 & 2 (don't worry, there's no parts of 3 in there), with most (maybe all) of those movies combined into one hugely long flick. its sequential (starting with the little don, to Bobby Deniro's don and into Marlon's don, and of course Al's), and theres a lot of extra scenes/bits added in (like the introduction of Hyman Roth to the Deniro). i havent looked at the dvd, but prior to dvds the only way to catch it was on cable; so there might be a way to watch the movie(s) sequentially, maybe with the extra scenes added. they never (i'm pretty sure) made a vhs of it for the public.

others near the top of the list (in the order i think of them, not ranked): reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, fight club, 2001, darko, and american psycho. i feel like i can watch any of these movies, and really enjoy them, regardless of how recently i've seen them, nor how frequent. there's little nuances i'll notice in all of them, even after seeing them like hundreds of times, that enhance the whole picture. i love how tarantino does the mixed up timeline. i loved the strong conviction in f.c. and of course, for trippiness nothing can touch 2001. darko and a.p. had this kind of darkness to them that is quite enjoyable. american psycho in particular, with the protaganist's demented, compulsive "habits."

One of the greatest movies of all times is Casablanca with Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.Nothing today compares like that.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post

Sorry, the BEST basketball movie ever made is clearly Teen-Wolf.

You're wrong, the best one is white men can't jump!

EDIT: I watch so many films, I cannot choose a best one for me... But if i was to choose ones it'd be;

Basketball - WHite men cant jump

Rugby - Grid iron

Musical - Fame

Action - LOTR / Robin Hood / Taken

There is so much more but those are what came to mind