"15.4" PowerBook and 40 GB iPod likely this week"

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    os10geek - Happy Birthday. I'm not so sure that the PB will be introduced today, like I have any clue about such things, but it would be cool to have the new 970 available. I would like to see the new stuff come out, but so long that the Apple community is aware of the 970, I think Apple will have to rely on switchers from PC's to Apple to buy up the remaining stock of 15 inch TiBooks. Kinda sucks having to wait for inventory to go down before the new stuff comes out, though I understand their reasoning. Anyway, I hope the 970 comes out soon in the PB and PM. As for all the extras that Apple is stashing, I think it's a bad move to do so. The Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, and other goodies aren't making them a single dime while stashed away in some warehouse. If they released them then they could be making money.
  • Reply 102 of 104
    They aren't even making them yet. Once marketing gives the go ahead they start manufacturing, the components to them which can be sold to other manufacturers are sitting in a warehouse, but I bet apple keeps about a day of inventory of the new stuff on hand. The new 15inch will come out and it will be a 4-6 week wait then too. I wonder if the reasoning on why you have to wait so long for the 17inch is just because of the glowing keyboard. Also what is that mac on the bottom of the banner, a tablet?
  • Reply 103 of 104
    Kraig911 I saw that banner and it sure wasn't a tablet. Looks like an ordinary iBook to me. I see people on here from time to time asking for a tablet. Why woud you want one? I see no reason for one unless it's for people like UPS or doctors to view patient records on. A regular laptop user just wouldn't have much use for one I would guess. I also am rather unthrilled about the whole 15 inch PB wait. Of course you said that there would be a 4-6 week wait for it, lol, does that include the insane amount of time they've already stalled? Of course it'll be a huge let down to us all if the 15 has a G4 in it. I'm not worried about the wait of the 15 if they actually make it worth the wait. Of course people have said a few times on here that these things would be out any time now, just look at the title of this tread. Of course, "this week" was last week. And who knows, it might be well into summer before the people get things together and actually get out the PB for us to buy. Then there's the whole Bluetooth issue. So it's marketing that's limiting the production of all the cool extras? Well sounds like they need to be properly motivated by Joe Pesci. I never have understood why someone would have products to sell but then just keep them locked away in a warehouse not making a dime. But once again it's all marketing's fault. Oh well, maybe they'll be out in 2008, but hey, that might be too soon for the marketing folks too. Sorry just being sarcastic today. Wishing Apple would get on the ball.
  • Reply 104 of 104
    An Apple tablet would only be good if...

1) ...it had a form of data entry other than Inkwell.

2) ...it didn't look like a Windows tablet.

3) ...it had a kickass processor.

4) ...it had little to no bezel.

5) ...it whitened your teeth and cured deadly diseases with magical waves of power while you sleep.

Knowing Apple, I bet that they could invent a tablet like no other. How 'bout a keyboard that slides out from under the screen? An unbelievably complete integration with yor desktop? I don't know, but I do know that it would settle my Desktop vs. Laptop.

Holy shitt, look on Macwhispers! :eek: Wow, this is pretty cool...