Dean "Switch" campaign

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, look here: political campaigns sink to a new level. I love Apple and everything, but this is kinda stupid.

This was just waiting to happen.

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I have two things to say:

1) I was so sure this already had its own thread. But I looked for it and couldn´t find it. Am I totally confused or did anyone else have that feeling

2) http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...mocrats+switch
  • Reply 2 of 45
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Boy not a single face of color among all those whining white folks. Dean supporters must want us to switch to racism.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 45
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's a good thing these are from a fansite and not the official campaign, because the Switch ads ended up being very lame.
  • Reply 4 of 45
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It's a good thing these are from a fansite and not the official campaign, because the Switch ads ended up being very lame.

The head of Dean's Internet campaign is a PowerBook user.
  • Reply 5 of 45
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Boy not a single face of color among all those whining white folks. Dean supporters must want us to switch to racism.

Nick

I find it absolutely f*cking hilarious when Republican resort to this. The stupidity amazes!
  • Reply 6 of 45
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    It's funny that that's what everyone is saying about Dean... his supporters are just angry whites... the fact is that his grassroots campaign is WEB based... his support also skews fairly young... people in their 20's... does that mean he's against Babyboomers and Bluehairs too? It's not even HIS commercial... it's a supporters.

His campaign is clearly that America should help all it's citizens... not just those who make over $200,000 a year. I was at his NYC rally. There were several different speakers of various ethnicities on stage and in the audience. Including a Latino Marine... a republican... who says he's going to vote for Dean.
  • Reply 7 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

I find it absolutely f*cking hilarious when Republican resort to this. The stupidity amazes!

Your stupidity does amaze. His state is over 96% white and he has already been criticized by DEMOCRATS for his lack of minority outreach.

Likewise I don't give a damn how much you want to characterize Republicans as racist. The Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights bill, broke up the union over slavery, and despite massive token actions have done little to nothing for minority communities

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 45
    You're talking about Dixiecrats... who left the party... to become Republican's. Or left politics altogether.

Republican's are the big fighters for equal rights and justice for minorities? That's a convenient interpretation of history. Using the race card against us. Nice try.
  • Reply 9 of 45
    And I guess almost every governor of a state with a small percentage of minorities must be racist... NH, Maine, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho... Utah.

We can't talk about affirmative action I guess... that's a favorite target of conservatives... they'll turn it into a quota debate... which of course has nothing to do with affirmative action.
  • Reply 10 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

You're talking about Dixiecrats... who left the party... to become Republican's. Or left politics altogether.

Republican's are the big fighters for equal rights and justice for minorities? That's a convenient interpretation of history. Using the race card against us. Nice try.

You make it sound like the trends in the south haven't occured other places as well. You show me where the Democratic party has the majority of the white male vote. It isn't just the south where this gap occurs. Here's a hint, when you race bate and blame one group for everything that is wrong, don't expect them to vote for you.

Some Democrats left the party because the party moved to the left. The 60's weren't just the civil rights era it was the start of the war on poverty as well with huge government programs created for that purpose.

As for the Democrats they have a history of racism and have only ever exchanged one form of racism for another.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 45
    Make up your mind. The democrats are the racist party yet their the ones the came up with the programs to help the poor.. a disproportionate number are minorities.

I don't call republicans racist. Just uncaring.

No one buys the argument that the Democratic party is racist. The last 30 years disprove your argument.

Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter can say it all they want.

You still haven't given one example of the Republican party actully working to help the poor OR minorities in the last 20-30 years. Supply-side and trickle down economics doesn't work.
  • Reply 12 of 45
    Quote:

Make up your mind. The democrats are the racist party yet their the ones the came up with the programs to help the poor.. a disproportionate number are minorities.

I don't call republicans racist. Just uncaring.

No one buys the argument that the Democratic party is racist. The last 30 years disprove your argument.

Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter can say it all they want.

You still haven't given one example of the Republican party actully working to help the poor OR minorities in the last 20-30 years. Supply-side and trickle down economics doesn't work.

Look, you claimed that basically the racists left the Democrats (Dixiecrats) and became Republicans. Except I didn't see Al Gore Sr. or his son leave the party. Al Gore Sr. was part of the filibuster of the civil rights bill just so you know.

Likewise the Democrats didn't even stop being racist. They just traded one for of it for another. (Segregation/Seperate but equal for Ethnic dorms/job opportunities and Affirmative Action)

Nick
  • Reply 13 of 45
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Look, you claimed that basically the racists left the Democrats (Dixiecrats) and became Republicans. Except I didn't see Al Gore Sr. or his son leave the party. Al Gore Sr. was part of the filibuster of the civil rights bill just so you know.

Likewise the Democrats didn't even stop being racist. They just traded one for of it for another. (Segregation/Seperate but equal for Ethnic dorms/job opportunities and Affirmative Action)

Nick

Eh? Why do I feel that the very fabric of space, time, and history is being distorted with every breath trumptman takes? Man-- next thing you know Martin Luther King, Jr. will be just another thug from the hood. Gotta watch yourself with this one.

I guess the 90%+ of African-Americans who voted for Gore were really, really, really misguided...
  • Reply 14 of 45
    Gore and most democrats are closet racists I guess...

Back in the 50's and 60's the COUTNRY was racist... don't try to pawn it off on the democrats. You're implying that DEAN is a racist or that his supporters are racist is foolish.

People are saying that DEAN doesn't have the support of the traditional Democratic base... including unions and minorities... YET. The race has to thin out before any calls on what kind of support a candidate has can be made. So to say DEAN is racist is ludicrous.
  • Reply 15 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Eh? Why do I feel that the very fabric of space, time, and history is being distorted with every breath trumptman takes? Man-- next thing you know Martin Luther King, Jr. will be just another thug from the hood. Gotta watch yourself with this one.

I guess the 90%+ of African-Americans who voted for Gore were really, really, really misguided...

Yes, they are really misguided. Of course buying off civil rights leaders while systematically demonizing the other side can cause that sort of confusion.

Homework time... which president set up the first affirmative action program?

Nick
  • Reply 16 of 45
    Quote:

Gore and most democrats are closet racists I guess...

Back in the 50's and 60's the COUTNRY was racist... don't try to pawn it off on the democrats. You're implying that DEAN is a racist or that his supporters are racist is foolish.

People are saying that DEAN doesn't have the support of the traditional Democratic base... including unions and minorities... YET. The race has to thin out before any calls on what kind of support a candidate has can be made. So to say DEAN is racist is ludicrous.

The whole country wasn't racist. All whites shouldn't be implicated for the views of a few. You are just like the folks who swear we haven't progressed when one racial incident hits the news while thousands of interactions occur trouble free daily among people.

Likewise I have heard plenty of racist comments come from not only white Democratic leaders, but black and hispanic as well. If anything the whole party is a bunch of racists who have banded together to fight to rob others. From Jackson and "Hymietown" to Bustamante with MeCHA,

Likewise you are welcome to quote where I said Dean was racist. I said his support people endorsed racism via omission of minority viewpoints.

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 45
    So 90-95% of blacks vote for democrats because they're tricked by their Civil Rights leaders? That's a fine conspiracy theory.

Keep deluding yourself. The reason blacks don't vote republican is because Republicans dont show that they have their interests at heart. They don't come to their neighborhoods... they don't support their schools and they see themselves demonized by many of its party members. It's common sense.
  • Reply 18 of 45
    A country can be racist without the whole population being racist. And I do think the country has come a long way... however... racism is alive and well... no one doubts this. And all races. religous groups... sexes are guilty of seeking their interests at the expense of others... But a person or group has to have power in order for their ignorance to have any effect.

You seem to confuse past with the present alot.
  • Reply 19 of 45
    "Boy not a single face of color among all those whining white folks. Dean supporters must want us to switch to racism."

It's pretty clear what you've implied.
  • Reply 20 of 45
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Nick

Trying to make something out of nothing eh?