Apple Debuts New iPod Print Ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 70
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Damn supper... making me late with my great ad posting.

Screw it, I'm posting it anyways, ya sonsabitches!!!

• Reply 22 of 70
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Damn supper... making me late with my great ad posting.

Screw it, I'm posting it anyways, ya sonsabitches!!!

Ya snooze, ya lose, sucker!
  • Reply 23 of 70
    Those ads and the one above sound and look really cool. Hopefully they will be out in Newsweek next week, since that is the only magazine I get.
  • Reply 24 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

That's not the one I saw. They must be running a couple of different ones. Similar, but different layout.

actually you're right, that was from sports illustrated, i don't know where the entertainment weekly went.

i just grabbed from the mag stack and snapped the ad.
  • Reply 25 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

Those ads and the one above sound and look really cool. Hopefully they will be out in Newsweek next week, since that is the only magazine I get.

(supper)karatemonkey's lagniappe (cajun word for helpful hint) for getting magazines super cheap. next time you fill out a form that you know is going to be something that will be sold to mailing lists, or the next magazine you subscribe to, use dr. as a prefix or m.d. as a suffix and the professional discount offers will come pouring in.

whenever i used to subscribe to magazines i would use a different alias to see what junk mail would come from what magazine subscription.

for the record dr. mahatma jordan got the best offers. some just start sending you their mags for nothing.
  • Reply 26 of 70
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

On a related note, it would be cool if Apple would put these ads on their website, say in PDF or a nice, high-res TIFF format.

Heck, even if it was just a smaller-sized, screen-res JPEG...just so we could all see it and aren't scrambling around for magazines trying to find it.

They put their commercials, promo videos and product photography on their site...why not print ads? Especially ones this cool and interesting and different-looking?
  • Reply 27 of 70
    El bumpo...

http://www.looprumors.com/

The new Macworld, by the way, is running this new style ad as well.

Good. I hope the little story above from looprumors.com is true. Hope it spreads to their other products AND to any future TV spots as well.

Good for them. Nice to see something different after years of the "white background" thing.
  • Reply 28 of 70
    Yep it's true. See the ad scanned above? All kidding aside, it's a fairly

"safe" story to publish since it's already happened with the iPod. Hey, a new way for rumor sites to get the story right.... publish after the fact.
  • Reply 29 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

On a related note, it would be cool if Apple would put these ads on their website, say in PDF or a nice, high-res TIFF format.

Heck, even if it was just a smaller-sized, screen-res JPEG...just so we could all see it and aren't scrambling around for magazines trying to find it.

I'm sure they're interested in our plight as rumor-mongers. Seriously, I think this would be a smart thing, even to have the front page main graphic use this photography. (They obviously match the hardware/packaging photos, but rather I'm thinking either stills from commercials or these types of print ads.)
  • Reply 30 of 70
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    This one is in the October issue of MacWorld

• Reply 31 of 70
    That makes at least 3 different versions. All really nice.
  • Reply 32 of 70
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RussS

This one is in the October issue of MacWorld

I can't see the image.
  • Reply 33 of 70
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I can't see the image.

It somehow disappeared from my website.

It's back now.
  • Reply 34 of 70
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    *nitpick*

That's the old iPod they're advertising. Where are the buttons?

But yeah, it's a nice change from the stark white.
  • Reply 35 of 70
    You know what I kinda dig about the ad (from an image/design standpoint)?

You look at it and it's a crisp silhouette, so you simply think "line art" or a vector outline or whatever. Then you notice details like the bracelets, earrings and her headband...photographic.

Then the iPod itself is a simple, stylized rendering (again, line art-looking). But there are shadows cast on its face by her hand that's holding it, giving it a dimensional, "really there" quality.

The purple one at the start of the thread seems pretty much all black and stark, the but one above (from Macworld) has these neat little details in her jewelry that "break it out" from a simple sihouette.
  • Reply 36 of 70
    BTW, you guys DO realize that these ads are great jumping-off points for parodies and such, don't you?

I wonder how long it'll be before you see them tweaked a bit (as in all those Switch spoofs that were making the rounds a while back).

Not sure of what approach could be taken with these, but if history is any indication Apple will - once again - create something that others will soon talk about, duplicate, borrow from, praise, deride, parody, etc.

Always happens.
  • Reply 37 of 70
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Not sure of what approach could be taken with these, but if history is any indication Apple will - once again - create something that others will soon talk about, duplicate, borrow from, praise, deride, parody, etc.

Actually, these new ads look suspiciously like /mandolux/ desktops.

Who's borrowing from who now...hmmm?

• Reply 38 of 70
    Well, I simply couldn't resist. I figure since I brought it up, I may as well be first...

And I'm not even a Simpsons fan...
  • Reply 39 of 70
    Oh that is great. Where'd you find that at?
  • Reply 40 of 70
    I drew it about 20 minutes ago.