Apple Debuts New iPod Print Ad

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dnisbet

Yes the injection of colour on the website was very striking when I pulled up the website!

Is anyone else thinking coloured iPod's? a la flavoured iMac's or is Apple to far past that now? People love choice of colour, just there's nothing like that in the range at the moment apart from the metal / white divide which is already present in the iPod.

[Spelling edit]

yes, but isn't apple currently fending off a court case from a company who alleges to have shown apple the technology*, and they went ahead and just reverse-engineered it for their own patent application?

wouldn't be the first time.

anyway, they may be holding off on that until they can get the legality straightened out, "Microsoft-style." (i.e. Apple legal "so who can we make the settlement check out to?")

*(edit: by the way, in case you hadn't heard about this, you probably think my post is pretty dumb -- patenting colored cases??? actually, the technology that apple tried to patent is cryptically referred to in the patent application as a technology that allows the case color to change, according to the user's input. feeling in a red mood? great, dial "red" and the case changes to red. not sure if this is achieved via backlighting or what, but there isn't much on the technology itself in the patent application apple filed, so that's all i got...)
  • Reply 62 of 70
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I like the ads but it clashes horribly...the burst of color and cleanness of their website doesn't go well I don't think. Just too different. Unless their website changes these adds shouldn't be associated or shown beside the Apple clean look.

IMHO
  • Reply 63 of 70
    The ads are primarily going into magazines and on bilboards so I don't think the use on the website is that important (preaching to the converted again). What is important will be the visabilty of these ads in the aforementioned areas and perhaps even a new tv campaign using the concept?
  • Reply 64 of 70
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Also, I think it would be nice if OTHER products are highlighted/profiled, other than just the iPod.

You could easily do an iMac one by simply having someone leaning over a desk, just showing the iMac (in white) with the desk/platform and the person in black silhouette.

The laptops? People could just be cradling them in their arms or holding them open.

And you know what? I'll bet you a dollar that Jobs unveils a new iPod commercial next week in Paris with this look.

Any takers?

• Reply 65 of 70
    A dollar? Sorry, too much.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates Also, I think it would be nice if OTHER products are highlighted/profiled, other than just the iPod...

Okay, first off: yes, the poses don't make sense (why is someone in the orgasmic throes of ecstasy using an iMac? I know, I know...), but I'm just showing a ROUGH and GENERAL take on things. It's a four-minute Photoshop goof, so don't bug me about all the obvious this-and-that of poses, color, product placement, etc.

It ain't that kind of picture.

It's the overall idea and to show that - with better poses and more stylized product illustrations - the new iPod ads COULD work with other gear too...

• Reply 67 of 70
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Oddly enough, those pictures seem as if they would complement one of Ive's effusions. I'm sure "orgasmic" fits into his vernacular somewhere.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Yeah, but he probably pronounces it funny

[gesturing wildly]"We were striving for a flow of lines, if you will. Almost an orjascmek type of..."[/gesturing wildly]
  • Reply 69 of 70
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Only hip chicks use iPods. OMG APPLE IS SEXIST, RACIST, BLASTOCYST.
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

The laptops? People could just be cradling them in their arms or holding them open.

** dnisbet picks up his powerbook and hugs it **

cool mock ups pscates