Apple Store Europe is Down

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    eric_zeric_z Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Premature Specification?

I got the pic of the iPod, did anyone get a pic of the iMac specs?

Barto

Sorry but no, I just cut'n pasted the specs of the

"top of the line" iMac.

When I tried to get the rest of the lineup specs, the store was down.
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Premature Specification?

I got the pic of the iPod, did anyone get a pic of the iMac specs?

Barto

Nope, but got a look at the prices & specs - £999 for the 15", £1.7k-ish for the 17"+ Bluetooth and Airport installed, .5G RAM
  • Reply 23 of 47
    LOL Barto. That is exactly it!!

I just hope that my new 17" baby is able to help me get over my performance anxiety.

On another note, over and above all of the spec nonsense, this is what makes being part of the mac community so groovy; 50,000 mac geeks like me, all over the world, feverishly pressing refresh.

When Dell releases a new system, only one person--Duane in Kansas--behaves this way.

• Reply 24 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eric_Z

Sorry but no, I just cut'n pasted the specs of the

"top of the line" iMac.

When I tried to get the rest of the lineup specs, the store was down.

There is a screenshot in the forum of www.macnews.de

I have one as well, but do not know how to post it. It is weird anyway, because it states in the upper left corner "... up to 600MHz PowerPC G3, ..."
  • Reply 25 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by scotio

LOL Barto. That is exactly it!!

I just hope that my new 17" baby is able to help me get over my performance anxiety.

On another note, over and above all of the spec nonsense, this is what makes being part of the mac community so groovy; 50,000 mac geeks like me, all over the world, feverishly pressing refresh.

When Dell releases a new system, only one person--Duane in Kansas--behaves this way.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry \
  • Reply 26 of 47
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Now the yellow "We'll be back" sticker is up again - looks like the june G5 spec blunder all over
  • Reply 27 of 47
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by scotio

That's funny!
  • Reply 28 of 47
    Something's going on, still nothing at www.apple.com/pr

Also nothing at the news sites yet, so the press releases have not been sent by Apple yet. Hmmmmm
  • Reply 29 of 47
    French Apple Store is back up... New iPods (20 replacing 15 and 40 replacing 30) are here, with a nice 50? price cut. New iMacs are here also. Don't know about price drops on this one.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
  • Reply 31 of 47
    Nevermind.... www.macminute.com
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Updated 17" iMac seems to be around 250? cheaper in Europe than older model. Curious if they dropped the price in the US too.
  • Reply 33 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by PizzaBoy

Updated 17" iMac seems to be around 250? cheaper in Europe than older model. Curious if they dropped the price in the US too.

Nope, price points are:

15" with 1 gig and combo - 1299.00

17" with 1.25 gig and superdrive - 1799.00

17" with 1.25 gig and superdrive BTO - 2399.00

They are insane, I mean the people who price these and not the actual machines. Who'd pay 2400 bucks for a 1.25 gig imac?
  • Reply 34 of 47
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    The main site in the US has been updated, so now it has the new iMacs and iPods. They even have those new silhouette iPod ads on the site! Awesome. The US store still isn't up yet but according to www.apple.com/pr the new iMacs are the same price in US dollars as before. I guess they just figured an update would be a good time to re-adjust the european price.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigMcLargehuge

Nope, price points are:

They are insane, I mean the people who price these and not the actual machines. Who'd pay 2400 bucks for a 1.25 gig imac?

Well, that high-end BTO machine has the maximum RAM put into it by Apple, and Apple overcharges heavily for RAM. So yes, it is an insane price, but some people will pay it to avoid the hassle of replacing the RAM themselves, and I guess that's what Apple is banking on. They wouldn't see any benefit from making their RAM prices reasonable, so why not overcharge?
  • Reply 36 of 47
    Ah, the US store is back up.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigMcLargehuge

Nope, price points are:

That's weird... On the French Apple Store, price points are 1.434?, 2.032? and 2.427? (including tax).

Notice how the middle and high end are a lot closer in price for us than for the US. Actually, the high end model (with Airport, Bluetooth, max ram and max disk size) seems like a good deal here (compared to the middle range one anyway).
  • Reply 38 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by PizzaBoy

That's weird... On the French Apple Store, price points are 1.434?, 2.032? and 2.427? (including tax).

Notice how the middle and high end are a lot closer in price for us than for the US. Actually, the high end model (with Airport, Bluetooth, max ram and max disk size) seems like a good deal here (compared to the middle range one anyway).

2427 Euro is actually 2686 US$!! Of course, we are used to the price differential over here.

Having said that, with 0% finance through the education store, the top end 17" is looking very attractive.....(2419 Euros)

Does anyone think that this will be a noticeable speed bump?
  • Reply 39 of 47
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by genesurgeon

2427 Euro is actually 2686 US$!! Of course, we are used to the price differential over here.

VAT VAT VAT VAT VAT VAT VAT VAT!!!!
  • Reply 40 of 47
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Macbidouille has now the comparison between previous and actual prices for the iMac. The price drop for Europe is real and significant.