Semi-Perpetual NFL Picks Thread

Comments

• Reply 21 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Steelers are completely outplaying the Titans and yet they are losing!!!!!!!!!

so frigging annoying . . . .

but its only 3rd quarter
  • Reply 22 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Steelers are completely outplaying the Titans and yet they are losing!!!!!!!!!

so frigging annoying . . . .

but its only 3rd quarter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

ANOTHER INTERCEPTION FOR &POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHGHGHRJVBIUSDBFGPUI BHERG(!!
  • Reply 23 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, i sucked on the morning games. i was, what, 3-4? but at least i was right about cincy!
  • Reply 24 of 202
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I wonder if there has been a human being in the history of mankind who talked as much crap with so little to back it up as TigaTigaWoods Y'all.

There is nothing worse than a stupid person who is obnoxious about their stupidity.
  • Reply 25 of 202
    all i know is next week, one of you guys are making the first picks. i'm tired of stickin' my neck out and you guys succeeding off my my brilliant analyses.

p.s. after watching the past few weeks and overtime games, i really want the college overtime rules, slightly modified to avoid seventeen sessions, to come to the pros. god, i love the college version. it makes so much bloody sense. just like the 2 point conversion made sense... but the nfl took forever to realize it was a good idea. or the replay challenge system of the usfl, whish also took a long time befor the nfl realized it was, you guessed it, a good idea.
  • Reply 26 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Instead of starting a new thread for every new week, why don't we just stick to one?

Next week

Cardinals @ Cowboys

Broncos @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons

Raiders @ Bears

Titans @ Patriots

Lions @ 49ers

Browns @ Steelers

Bengals @ Bills

Dolphins @ Giants

Saints @ Panthers

Seahawks @ Packers

Redskins @ Eagles

Chargers @ Jaguars

Colts @ Buccaneers
  • Reply 27 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Instead of starting a new thread for every new week, why don't we just stick to one?

i thought of that, but separating them out by week helps determine where one weeks' predictions and post-game comments end, and another's begins. seriously, we still have to finish watching the debacle that is the colts/saints game right now (wow, the saints hurt to watch this year... what happened???), as well as monday night.

plus, i would like there to be a hint of anticipation for the posting of the next week's thread. that'd be kinda cool.

finally, i am an anal organization freak. so sue me.

i'm still gonna post a week 5 thread, but i'll pass along your predictions to that thread to save you the trouble.

p.s. broncos are meeting the chiefs next week? cool. i hope they broadcast that in my area.
  • Reply 28 of 202
    Cardinals @ Cowboys

Broncos @ Chiefs

Vikings @ Falcons

Raiders @ Bears

Titans @ Patriots

Lions @ 49ers

Browns @ Steelers

Bengals @ Bills

Dolphins @ Giants

Saints @ Panthers

Seahawks @ Packers

Redskins @ Eagles

Colts @ Buccaneers
  • Reply 29 of 202
    I am 8 out of 11 so far this week. Probably 9

then if Chicago pulss a good one 10 out 13

not bad for a rookie football fan

Still gotta grumble about that LIONS game!!! they should have won and would have won except for FLags!!

Man do I flook forward to their game against the Niners they are becoming surprising and everybody knows that there is a real reason for Mariuchi to win . . . I bet it has the whole team hell bent on winning that one at all costs . . . Bill Walsh has got tobe realizing just what an ARSE MAJORA he has been for firing good coaches while they were doing well for their team

and we all know the Steelers shoulda oughta!! I think that when Cowher broke Fisher's legs back when they were both players Fisher musta had some kind of JINX put on Cowher . . . I mean there is no other way to explain why they keep beating the Steelers when the Steelers play so well in the games . . . .grumble grumble
  • Reply 30 of 202
    Cardinals @ Cowboys

They sucked in the preseason game against the Steelers (played their starters against a buncha second string and still couldn't get it together) but they seem to be doing some good things in New York . . . so I say they'll keep it up but to no avail in the long run

Broncos @ Chiefs

Broncos have been lucky so far and the Raiders just sucked that game . . . while the Chiefs are the real thing . . . if Portis is back maybe things will be a little different . . . but obviously this will be an exciting game.

Vikings @ Falcons

What's the name of that other thread . . . oh yeah 'Vikings rock'

Raiders @ Bears

I don't know . . . its a close call . . . I like the way Urlacher plays so I want them to win except Romanowski is awesome and if they run Fargas he will turn into the hero and pull the Raiders out of their funk . . . my crystal ball sees contingencies so it all depends on if they let Fargas play

Titans @ Patriots

I hate to admit it but they are pretty good . . . McNair is actually a super awesome QB with a record that is close to perfect and he can run better than their best running back

Lions @ 49ers

Grudge . . . . gotta do it

gotta do it

gotta do it!!!!!

ad infinitum

Browns @ Steelers

They will win . . . . but the Browns will pass well against them because their secondary continues to STINK this year!!!!! damnit!

Bengals @ Bills

Just because

Dolphins @ Giants

Don't know much about Miami except that Williams is great and they cremated a very good team last week so they must be pretty good.

Saints @ Panthers

Apperently they are awesome this year

Seahawks @ Packers

Same with Seahawks . . . besides I loath the Packers (*whispering from heart of Cheesehead-country*)

Redskins @ Eagles

They will start to bounce back about this week

Colts @ Buccaneers

Hate the Colts . . . Hate the town Indianapolis . . . . a big ugly ring of a clogged freeway surrounding squalid ghettos and surrounded by depressing suburbs . . .
  • Reply 31 of 202
    Bill Walsh didn't do the firing this time. John York did. And John York is a penny-pinching ****wad.
  • Reply 32 of 202
    Quote:

Bill Walsh didn't do the firing this time. John York did. And John York is a penny-pinching ****wad.

Rumors have it, though, that he doesn't do a damn thing without Walshes input
  • Reply 33 of 202
    Quote:

Colts @ Buccaneers

Hate the Colts . . . Hate the town Indianapolis . . . . a big ugly ring of a clogged freeway surrounding squalid ghettos and surrounded by depressing suburbs . . .

No Jurevicius? McCardell and Co. will be missing him at WR again. The Colts will surely put some points on the board while you can't really say the same for the Bucs...unless Manning throws a crazy number of INTs.
  • Reply 34 of 202
    Quote:

No Jurevicius? McCardell and Co. will be missing him at WR again. The Colts will surely put some points on the board while you can't really say the same for the Bucs...unless Manning throws a crazy number of INTs.

Is Jurevicius injured? Didn't know that . . . still. I say the Bucs
  • Reply 35 of 202
    The forth quarter just began and the Colts have 55 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am impressed

but most of all, what happened to NO? they seemed decent last year
  • Reply 36 of 202
    Quote:

I am impressed

don't let the score fool you. HALF of those points are due to absolutely terrible play by the saints. i don't think you'll see the same bad play from tampa, especially coming off a bye.

with regards to NO, first, it seems that aaron brooks is just not "feelin' it" like he did last year. i don't understand why. he seems to have almost the same offense as last year, save for kyle turley (an offensive lineman who will rip off other people's heads -- literally -- in your defense if you are his qb). but the defense is god-awful. injuries, terrible speed, and seemingly incorrect game plans almost every week. if anything, their defense actaully looks WORSE than the club last year that fell apart to cincinnati and carolina at the end of last year and missed the playoffs.
  • Reply 37 of 202
    sigh. now you've gone and done it, eugene. you've turned this unassuming week four thread into a week five thread.

okay, if we ask groverat really nicely, perhaps he can change the name of the thread to a more generic title to allow this NFL thread to proceed throughout the season.
  • Reply 38 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

sigh. now you've gone and done it, eugene. you've turned this unassuming week four thread into a week five thread.

okay, if we ask groverat really nicely, perhaps he can change the name of the thread to a more generic title to allow this NFL thread to proceed throughout the season.

Personally I like the idea of new threads . . . otherwise you have to track down what page to start reqading it on so if all the ayes have it I will repost my picks on a new thread and ask Grover to do the same (or just post his too)
  • Reply 39 of 202
    Quote:

I am impressed

I'm telling ya. Don't listen to rok. The Colts are going to rock the Bucs!
  • Reply 40 of 202
    Quote:

I can change nothing. I am no longer a moderator.