Semi-Perpetual NFL Picks Thread

Comments

• Reply 61 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Holy crap, I was looking good until the 4th quarter of each morning game.

Stupid Titans, Raiders, Broncos
  • Reply 62 of 202
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Holy crap, I was looking good until the 4th quarter of each morning game.

Stupid Titans, Raiders, Broncos

Heh. I was looking bad until the 4th quarters...

Yay Patriots, Bears, and Chiefs!
  • Reply 63 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, let's see how i have faired so far...

Cardinals @ Cowboys

i hate having to say this, but "thanks, bill"

Broncos @ Chiefs

arrowhead, baby. not to worry, broncos will get 'em back at mile hi... er, invesco field.

Vikings @ Falcons

vikes had me worried there for a half or so...

Raiders @ Bears

...the hell?

Titans @ Patriots

too much parity in the afc to accurately pick 'eem anymore. think i'll turn to flipping coins for those teams from here on out.

Lions @ 49ers

missed the highlight recaps for this game. was it any good? seemed kinda close from the score...

Browns @ Steelers

comment pending game results

Bengals @ Bills

well, good news is i got this one... bad news is bengals played hard to still lose. if the bengals win 8 this year, lewis gets coach of the year.

Dolphins @ Giants

like i said, if this game were cold, it would have been the g-men. i swear, the nfc east looks weaker every, um, week.

Saints @ Panthers

panthers 4-0. stephen davis for mvp so far(but the season is still young).

Seahawks @ Packers

woo... i had a feeling, but didn't expect this steamrolling

Redskins @ Eagles

well, redskins made it closer than it should have been.

Colts @ Buccaneers

comment pending game results
  • Reply 64 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Daunte Hall is truly amazing.

He's the freakin' league MVP as far as I'm concerned. Jesus, that guy has amazing field awareness.
  • Reply 65 of 202
    well, cleveland's giving pitt all they can handle tonight...

can we make a forum just for pfflam and tigerwoods99? "two men enter, one man leaves... two men enter, one man leaves..."

• Reply 66 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

well, cleveland's giving pitt all they can handle tonight...

can we make a forum just for pfflam and tigerwoods99? "two men enter, one man leaves... two men enter, one man leaves..."

I got creamed on the no-brainers and ruled the tough ones...except the Seattle/GB game. *Sigh*
  • Reply 67 of 202
    Well heading into monday night I'm 9-4 with my picks. GO COLTS! Fantasy-wise I need a big showing from them.
  • Reply 68 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Steelers looked truly mediocre . . . great linebackers but their secondary sucked monkey ankles and Maddox is throwing away every game . . . I think that I have lost faith in this guy . . . 8 interceptions in the season!!!!!! and many of them for TDs

And Zeroue shines only for one play a game . . . I guess he was really really good in college but now he seems to be carrying lead on his ankles

The Browns played really well . . . makes me wonder what happened to them when they lost those other games . . . They were strong in the passing game . . . and that's what I remember from them last year . . . excellent, on the point, long passing

I wouldn't doubt if Hines Ward goes somewhere else next year . . . his unbelievable talent is being wasted in this set up . . . my loyalties will follow him where-ever . . .
  • Reply 69 of 202
    So so far I am: 7 of 12 this week

probably 8 of 12 when the Bucs kick butt

17 of 26 so far if I am counting right . . .18 if the Bucs win
  • Reply 70 of 202
    By the way, what is "Fantasy League Football" . . . something gives me the feeling that it is something that nfl.com etc is pushing but nobody is doing it

what is it?

is it something anybody here knows about?
  • Reply 71 of 202
    Quote:

By the way, what is "Fantasy League Football" . . . something gives me the feeling that it is something that nfl.com etc is pushing but nobody is doing it

what is it?

is it something anybody here knows about?

Current estimates are roughly 15 million people participating in fantasy football.

Here's the quick and dirty rundown:

People draft a team consisting of QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, a couple kickers, and some defenses and special teams. Each week the team is awarded points based on the statistical performance of their players.

Scoring can be very simple (1 point for every 50 yards passing, 20 yards rushing or receiving and 6 for any TD) or extremely complicated (-1 point for each INT and Fumble, different amount of points awarded for different touchdown lengths, et cetera). Also, not everyone drafts a team. Sometimes there are auctions where each team starts out with a certain salary cap and they bid on players. Some leagues even use Individual Defensive Players (IDP Leagues).

In my 8 team fantasy league, I have Peyton Manning, Edge, and the Colts Defense going on Monday. I'm down 30 points because the team we are playing this week broke out with him having Clinton Portis and Seabass. I need total Indy domination to pull off a win this week.
  • Reply 72 of 202
    Quote:

The Browns played really well . . . makes me wonder what happened to them when they lost those other games . . . They were strong in the passing game . . . and that's what I remember from them last year . . . excellent, on the point, long passing

actually, it may be the steelers secondary in general. look at the stats over the past two games... mcnair and couch both had a field day against them. i know both were past their prime, but rod woodson and junior seau are showing how badly their former teams relied on the heart and experience they brought to the locker room. that's just my opinion, but san diego looks pathetic this year, and that steeler secondary is shot full of holes.

did pitt make any changes in the off-season in offensive coaching? not many people believe this, but good coaching is essential to break bad habits of qb's. vinny testaverde went through the same sh!t in tampa for over ten years with some god-awful coaching. then when he went to cleveland/baltimore, he had good coaching and breakout seasons with pro bowl numbers. everyone knew he had the physical talent coming out of college... he just got drafted by the train wreck that was tampa bay. now age is finally catching up with the guy, which is a shame, considering all of those wasted years with the bucs.

last year, everyone was still respecting the run at pitt. bettis and zeroue got half of the game film reviews during practice by opposing teams. now they know they can just tee off on maddox, and he's not surprising them anymore. he's required to think more, rather than "spot and chuck." my opinion: if pitt can hire a GOOD qb coach, maddox will get back on track.
  • Reply 73 of 202

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!
  • Reply 74 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!

No kidding. As I said before the Cincinatti/Cleveland game, the Browns are the better team. The Browns are better than the Bears, Cardinals, Bengals for SURE. It'll be interesting to see where the Texans really are in the spectrum.
  • Reply 75 of 202
    MNF. Jesus.
  • Reply 76 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

MNF. Jesus.

i'll make my comments on MNF once the final whistle blows. if anyone can come back from this, it's manning.
  • Reply 77 of 202
    i hope no one went to sleep already for the MNF game. it's just getting in-ter-es-ting. and i have never seen the bucs defense gassed as bad as they are right now.

p.s. thank F'N GOD the bucs recovered that onside. sh!t. this is NUTS!
  • Reply 78 of 202
    Holy...

Edit: OMG. Goo Colts!
  • Reply 79 of 202
    Yes indeed!
  • Reply 80 of 202
    jesus tapdancin' christ... 61 yard field goal to win??? does martin have the strength? i say no.