Once again Limbaugh proves he's . . . . .

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    From the article quoted above . . . I like this it is said batter by a sports journa;ist than by political analysts:
    Quote:

Limbaugh is one of the central players in the spread of an extensive, alternative media network designed to give conservative viewpoints a far more explicit, unchallenged airing than liberal views ever do in the so-called "liberal media" conservatives are always decrying.

• Reply 62 of 73
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
  • Reply 63 of 73
    I don't believe his comments were meant to be racist but more of a provocative stab at the liberal media slime balls.
  • Reply 64 of 73
    Which liberal media slimeballs were pushing for mcnabb to do well in a lust for black domination of the quarterback position?

Where are those evildoers!? Reveal that vast left-wing conspiracy please.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    On second glance I feel Rush did nothing wrong with his opinion.

I am not alone with my take on this matter.

Fellowship
  • Reply 66 of 73
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

On second glance I feel Rush did nothing wrong with his opinion.

I am not alone with my take on this matter.

Fellowship

1) In English footy, we had a national manager called Graham Taylor. He persistenly picked Sol Cambell even though Sol Cambell is utterly shit.

2) Did I mention he was shit and everyone knew it?

3) Sol is black.

4) NO-ONE ever thought for a second that he was picked because of his race. God knows the real reason. Taylor thought he was good maybe. In fact, pick any team anywhere in the world and you'll likely find an inexplicable inclusion. White maybe black maybe.

5) "Ah, he's in the team. And oh look, BLACK too. The two are related. And it's the media's fault" shows the this guy sees another man, he sees his race before anything, something that clearly matters to this guy more then it matters to many.

I don't think you understand the pain this causes. No, KNOW you don't understand the pain this causes, Mr. "Christian."
  • Reply 67 of 73
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm wondering what makes attacking FShip's religion necessary or even remotely logical.

Open discussion of race isn't taboo in the NFL when general managers are fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for not interviewing black candidates to be head coach.

Seems like you were just looking for an excuse to spew some personal attacks.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I'm wondering what makes attacking FShip's religion necessary or even remotely logical.

Open discussion of race isn't taboo in the NFL when general managers are fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for not interviewing black candidates to be head coach.

Seems like you were just looking for an excuse to spew some personal attacks.

Christianity is a beautiful religion. Racism is incompatible with it. Hence it's relevant.

In answer to your point, race isn't a taboo discussion when you're DISCUSSING racism, which is what you alude to above (or are you saying that only white people can cut it as head coach).

Similarly, I am not racist in discussing Sol Cambell's shitness (but I ain't perfect). Rush sees a black man before he sees a man, and you see nothing wrong with it. This makes the pair of you racists.

Race isn't a taboo. Racism is. There is a difference, Mr. 'Journalist.'
  • Reply 69 of 73
    Harald:

Quote:

Christianity is a beautiful religion. Racism is incompatible with it. Hence it's relevant.

Did FShip say something racist?

Quote:

In answer to your point, race isn't a taboo discussion when you're DISCUSSING racism, which is what you alude to above (or are you saying that only white people can cut it as head coach).

Race isn't a taboo subject within the NFL. Limbaugh bringing it up isn't new for the NFL, they have race-based rules in place.

Quote:

Similarly, I am not racist in discussing Sol Cambell's shitness (but I ain't perfect). Rush sees a black man before he sees a man, and you see nothing wrong with it. This makes the pair of you racists.

I'd like you to read your last two sentences again and then explain to me how that makes sense.

"Rush sees a black man before he sees a man..." Is that even true?

I have no idea what Rush "sees" first. What the hell does that even mean?

I know what Rush said and how he said it, and it was not racist.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    It was highly prejudicial... he's claiming that McNabb gets attention by the media because he's black... not because he's a good quarterback... last time I checked... Quarterbacks always get alot of attention...

AND he's one that gets his team to the playoffs no less.

He was making a bogus point about the media... without realizing he was saying something stupid about McNabb... it comes off as there's better WHITE quarterbacks who should get more attention... but don't because the media is liberal and want to pay attention to him instead.

It's a stupid baseless point. Which Rush is FULL of.

He's a TOOL... and a hypocrit.
  • Reply 71 of 73
    But he's not completely wrong, just mostly. He didn't mention the #1 cause of McNabb's overexposure and greatly exaggerated #2, which is neither a crime nor racist.

Black QBs are a topic in the media, it's the undeniable truth. And there was nothing racist about what Limbaugh SAID, Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson's after-the-fact outrage notwithstanding.

All of them knew what Rush was going to say, they let it go and then a week later they decide to be outraged. It's all a witch-hunt because Rush is a hot-button, that's it.
  • Reply 72 of 73
    Yeah but WHY whould Rush say these things...

2 underlying reasons...

He doesn't think black quarterbacks are as good as white quarterbacks and therefore believes that they need the help of "liberals" in order to get ahead. I guess the media's attempt at affirmative action?

He claims McNabb is overrated... essentially because he's black. He get's unwarranted praise because he's black.
  • Reply 73 of 73
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Race isn't a taboo. Racism is. There is a difference, Mr. 'Journalist.'

Harald I am not a racist and I think you either have no idea of my views or you are trying to distort my character and I do not find it amusing.

Fellowship