Great things to come from....APPLE - part 2

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    Quote:

What does this accomplish

What does a DVD player under your tv accomplish that the DVD player in your computer doesn't?

What does an iPod give you that a portable CD player doesn't?

What does a TV give you that the right set up on your computer can't give you?

What does Tivo really give you that a schedule magazine, an old video player and a tv can't?

Why do I need a dvd stacked ontop of a video player? Why do I need to get rid of my flat screen tv for hi-def?

Why do I need iCal when I've got a Filofax?

Why do I need a calculator on Mac OS when it's easier to use the real thing..?

Does an iBook next to a tv look elegant?

There's internet tv broadband (it aint pretty...). There's DVD players. There's a computer upstairs. There's a naff huge controller or lots of little controllers. There's a hi-fi. There's a tv. There's a video with its clumsy interface made of 1 bit blue graphics... I can drag my family upstairs to view my iPhoto/iMovie collection. I can go to the next room to play my hi-fi. I can play iTunes collection through my DVD player under my T.V (no, I can't...) Internet viewing is a solitary experience on my computer upstairs...

If there is any mileage in a tv 'OS' media/entertainment/computer/ 'ibox' then I'm sure Apple can figure it out. IF the tv was hi-def...then I could easily see myself watching DVDs, viewing Job's Keynote from the COMFORT of my sofa..., catching the tv listings, cinema listings via Sherlock (if Apple ever get round to a UK version...), recording TV shows on DVD. Video conferencing with Auntie Gladyss in Australia... Yeah, but why do that when I can do that on my OWN on an uncomfortable office chair next to my computer.

Currently, alot of the 'one trick' pony folks lack the elegance of Apple.

If Apple can do a device for the tv like they have the iPod for the hi-fi then I think I'd buy it with hi-def.

Sigh. It could even look like the Cube...(whimsical look...) It may even be controlled via a portable media tablet/viewer.../controller...and iPen.

I'm sure another electronic gadjet is coming from Apple. I wouldn't rule out the 'iBox' of some kind just yet. It may not come at 2004 San Fran'...but hi-def looks worth a roll of the dice to me in a world where 'computers' are controlled by M$ in the main.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 82 of 85
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

<snip>

TV sets for the wall are done by Samsung.

Apple is not a TV set producer.

tonight? sorry, for you guys in the new territories: this morning, there's just music in the air: jam with your band in the garage and take it with you with a miniPod!

good night from europe

TV sucks anyway. There's never anything worthwhile on and I'd hate to see my Mac polluted with Friends or J.A.G.

Yup, tonight it's all about Muziek.

Dammit. Why am I always on the train when there's a Stevenote on? Only show worth watching.
  • Reply 83 of 85
    Quote:

TV sucks anyway.

C'mon, wouldn't you love to watch Stevie on T.V?

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 84 of 85
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

<snippsnapp>

Muziek.

<snippsnapp>

Muziek nonstop technopop??? is Kraftwerk on stage??? what a party

and, btw: me stupid has invited my family to our favorite greek for dinner - and this kaschemme has no hotspot

i'll see the holy grail as a recording!!
  • Reply 85 of 85
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

Muziek nonstop technopop??? is Kraftwerk on stage??? what a party

Funny. You got it first time. I was thinking just that when I wrote it, but intentionally left out the nonstop bit.

Quote:

and, btw: me stupid has invited my family to our favorite greek for dinner - and this kaschemme has no hotspot

i'll see the holy grail as a recording!!

<Homer_Simpson> DOH! </Homer_Simpson>