Adobe recommending PC's in print, now

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Yes but if Apple develops a killer plugin then they've merely traded one Software developers angst for another. Yes Adobe is large but keeping the "little guys" happy has to be a priority as well.

Innovation and ethical competition should never be frowned upon. Anyone has the right to compete. Anything else is just politics that get in the way of progress. Another way to look at it this: Apple, or any company for that matter, should NEVER be dependent on another company for survival. If the "little guys" aren't doing it, then Apple has every right to step in. But this is already getting into politics. The right to compete is senior to that.
  • Reply 82 of 83
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

another ridiculous thing i just noticed...

"...most apparent with graphics applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but you'll notice it with other applications as well."

wow, not only does he target apple's lack of speed as an issue with adobe's products, but he also makes the claim ON BEHALF OF OTHER VENDORS' PRODUCTS, TOO!

unreal. i hope he gets a call from steve, or better yet, a personal visit. he won't know what hit him.

oh yes he will, steves brass knuckles have the word 'APPLE' embossed on them...I,D love to see him explaining this bruse to the boys(and girls) at adobe thats gonna be funny
  • Reply 83 of 83
    Well as you all know, while Motorola was topped out on their chips, they didn't either have the technology or the ability to enter the next breed of chips. What was bad was they strung Apple along and hurt a friend.

As a result of Apple moving to IBM, there has been a shake up at Motorola, a new CEO and they went crawling to feed off crumbs given by Microsoft.

Now Apple has technology and chips that Intel can't compete with.

And Intel was very visibly shaken by the G5/IBM announcement, comments like "Consumers don't need a 64 bit computer" and "It's not a personal computer it's a workstation" plus threats from Microsoft to third party companies that adopt the G5 that they will be dropped by Microsoft software.

The whole megahertz propoganda scheme they engineered just shattered before their eyes. "A Dual 2 Ghz beating a dual 3 Ghz impossible!" But it was done and you knw the VT story.

It takes years to design a product and chips, to full scale production.

Apparently Adobe was in on the G5, maybe only at the last minute, because Photoshop was ready on the unveiling, so this "comment" may have been a red herring, also Adobe wishes to display it's independence, it has done so by the public spat by Adobe that Mac's are slow.

I think it all was a clever ruse. I just would have loved the look on Intels and Balmer face concerning the G5, IBM/APPLE partnership.