iPod Ads being defaced

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if i spray painted on your car "Scott's a fathead" would you still think it's free speech and no real harm?
  • Reply 42 of 54
    Casey Neistat

368 Broadway

10013, New York NY

(917) 756-9828

[email protected]
  • Reply 43 of 54
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

if i spray painted on your car "Scott's a fathead" would you still think it's free speech and no real harm?

My car is not some piece of paper pasted to construction scaffolding.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

My car is not some piece of paper pasted to construction scaffolding.

eh Billboards cost about 250$ (if you know someone) to print and then there's shipping and and all, and then there's the 7,000 a month charge for having a board with good traffic. So I'd say its guys like you who think its free speech that don't understand that after um say lots of man hours and thinking, as well as hard costs, meetings, and meetings, and riding boards, that don't understand that after one month a board defaced and it can well be more expensive than your car. Even if its just paper or vinyl.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I snapped some pictures from the 23rd St A,C,E station where one of the ipod ads got drawn upon, not by this idiot, but general graffiti. I'll upload them later.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    The NYC Defacer - EXPOSED!

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

eh Billboards cost about 250$ (if you know someone) to print and then there's shipping and and all, and then there's the 7,000 a month charge for having a board with good traffic. So I'd say its guys like you who think its free speech that don't understand that after um say lots of man hours and thinking, as well as hard costs, meetings, and meetings, and riding boards, that don't understand that after one month a board defaced and it can well be more expensive than your car. Even if its just paper or vinyl.

Like I said this is just some posters pasted to plywood on some scaffolding. Not a rented billboard. Things like this make life more interesting and are in the end harmless.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
  • Reply 49 of 54
    I love it
  • Reply 50 of 54
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    pulled from a story murbot is trying to post about the brothers.

and the fuel for their anger.

Quote:

"We then purchased a third-party battery online. I'm very proficient with electronics, but it's a very difficult thing to change the battery on the iPod, and that's why I think Apple doesn't offer the option... When I put in the new battery, I broke my iPod. So then I had to buy a brand new $400 iPod."

so in other words, he's a ing idiot.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    http://macdirectory.com/4u/wire.fm$r...essDetail.html

you'll have to copy and paste... the friggin' M $ filter eats up the URL if I try to link it...

F1XX0R3D!!1! -Amorph
  • Reply 52 of 54
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    The iPod posters are beautiful art: a great blend of message and form. Defacing them is as terrible as (and of soul equivalent to) the Taliban when they destroyed the Afghanistan Buddhas.

That seems like an exaggeration, but it is the truth. And I haven't even opened up on the issues that arise from Property Rights.

Does Apple sell iPod posters? If not they should!

Aries 1B
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aries 1B

The iPod posters are beautiful art: a great blend of message and form. Defacing them is as terrible as (and of soul equivalent to) the Taliban when they destroyed the Afghanistan Buddhas.

That seems like an exaggeration, but it is the truth. And I haven't even opened up on the issues that arise from Property Rights.

Does Apple sell iPod posters? If not they should!

Aries 1B

Postcard sized versions of the iPod campaign are now available (at least in Canada)

I've seen yellow, magenta, and green background version with black silhouetted people.

There is also a new small brochure for iPod + iTunes using the same artwork.

will see if i can scan samples later today.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

what a bunch of morons.

i'd hate to see how much that's going to cost them when they lose in court.

probably more than a new iPod.

I very much doubt that something like this would go to court. For one thing most, if not all of the posters that he is spraying his message on are illegal to began with (there are laws against putting up posters in NYC).

Even if Apple did have a legal lag to stand on, they would not sue them -- it would look bad, and open up some dangerous questions...