Wesley Clark 2004

Comments

• Reply 21 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Hehe, Fellowship made the same thread about John Kerry a few months ago.

Indeed you are spot on I did at one time believe I would prefer John Kerry. People are entitled to change their minds and I have done such. I believe Wesley Clark is better about not using political rhetoric as badly as some of the others in the group. I believe he has the means and the will to run a balanced government. I believe he could put America on a better track than what we curently have with President Bush.

Fellowship
  • Reply 22 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

If Fellowship was running, and I could vote, right now I believe I would vote for him.

Fellows
  • Reply 23 of 146
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'm glad you decided who you are going to vote for Fellowship.

Thankfully, I still have 60 days to decide who I'm going to vote for.
  • Reply 24 of 146
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

www.kucinich.us (dennis) has my vote... but he isn't going to win the democratic nomination...

www.al2004.org (sharpton) has my vote if that is the case... I think they would be good running mates... hehe...

its too bad that neither one has a legitimate shot. They really should withdraw... but all of the candidates are too stubborn to yield...

Neither Sharpton nor Kucinich have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination. The value of Sharpton and Kucinich's candidacies is that they both talk about some important issues that the more mainstream contenders do their absolute damnedest to avoid addressing.

Interestingly...and with no surprise, i see the mainstream media are latching smartly onto this story

That pesky liberal media!
  • Reply 25 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

People are entitled to change their minds and I have done such.

Just be sure to send that $2000 check to Clark04 before you change your mind again.
  • Reply 26 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I think that he is an intelligent thoughtful man who researches very deeply into any position

I agree that he researches very deeply into issues..

I invite any and all to review his statements below:

A Real Plan for Success in Iraq

Strategy for Addressing the Threat Posed by Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda

Economic Vision: Jobs and Growth for All Americans

Manufacturing Security Plan

Invest in the Education of America's Future

Protecting the Environment

Here is a Wesley Clark Video Clip

Fellowship
  • Reply 27 of 146
    Here's a good interview with Clark. Some good personal stuff in that one.

Tons of Clark media here while it lasts.

The NAS Parts 1-5 require Windows Media Player but they are essential listening (even if the video doesn't work.)
  • Reply 28 of 146
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Josef K.

Just be sure to send that $2000 check to Clark04 before you change your mind again.

• Reply 29 of 146
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
  • Reply 30 of 146
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    When Sammy Jo, Fellowship and I want to vote for the same candidate even peace in the middle east is possible.

What did he do to be so much behind in the polls?
  • Reply 31 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by majorspunk

majorspunk.

a) Your screen name is apposite.

b) Evidently you're new around here and don't know what Scott's like. It's sort of cool to dislike him. You'll get it.
  • Reply 32 of 146
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

When Sammy Jo, Fellowship and I want to vote for the same candidate even peace in the middle east is possible.

What did he do to be so much behind in the polls?

Are you talking about Clark? He's doing very well in the polls. He's a very close second to Dean in all the national polls.
  • Reply 33 of 146
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

majorspunk.

a) Your screen name is apposite.

b) Evidently you're new around here and don't know what Scott's like. It's sort of cool to dislike him. You'll get it.

Making yourself feel better by putting down others...I thought that ended in high school...

Nick
  • Reply 34 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Making yourself feel better by putting down others...I thought that ended in high school...

Nick

Evidently not.
  • Reply 35 of 146
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I am reluctant to admit that since he entered the fray I haven't followed the Democratic competition that closely. At that time, there were some rumblings (from staunch GOP types I believe) that basically indicated Clark was nothing more than one of Clinton's cronies, and that is how he got his post at NATO, etc.

Has he publicly addressed these sorts of issues? I will have to go read some of those links iBook posted but meantime what have you guys heard that was straight from the horse's mouth?

Both Bush and Clinton have shown themselves to be untrustworthy (but for different reasons), and so I would be reluctant to run out and vote for someone who they put into a position of power, simply because they were a fresh face / someone different. Not relevant to Bush currently since he will go for re-election, but is relevant for Clinton.
  • Reply 36 of 146
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I am reluctant to admit that since he entered the fray I haven't followed the Democratic competition that closely. At that time, there were some rumblings (from staunch GOP types I believe) that basically indicated Clark was nothing more than one of Clinton's cronies, and that is how he got his post at NATO, etc.

The Clinton administration appointed him to that post, but he certainly had a career before that time. Lots of generals' careers advanced under Clinton. And the Clinton administration also fired Clark.

William Safire had this absurd fantasy that Hill & Bill asked Clark to run, so that Clark could weaken Dean, and then at the last minute Clark would drop out, Hillary would run, and she would win the nomination.

• Reply 37 of 146
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I've been meaning to post a new thread on Wesley Clark since he first entered the race. Lately, there have been a few particularly devastating articles written about him. The New Yorker profile on Wesley Clark (General Clark's Battles: The candidate's celebrated- and controversial- military career) is the most critical piece I've read. Slate said it was unfair and wrote a rebuttal piece (Defending the General: The New Yorker's unfair slam on Wes Clark and his role in the Kosovo war). Both are must reads in my opinion. The Nation's cover story this week (Clark's True Colors) is also critical.

It appears that the General doesn't have the support of the left on this one.
  • Reply 38 of 146
    Clark deserves a very good look. He is refreshing for sure. Time and reserach will tell if he will get my vote.

Fellows...You are far more conservative and religious than I , but you are a thinking man and I respect that ...whatever your views.
  • Reply 39 of 146
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Clark is a dolt.

He murders eastern europeans, gets keel-hauled for hamming it up with the press, can't run an army, and his ideas are based in Disney's fantasy land.

Puh-flipping-leeeeeze.
  • Reply 40 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by jccbin

Clark is a dolt.

He murders eastern europeans, gets keel-hauled for hamming it up with the press, can't run an army, and his ideas are based in Disney's fantasy land.

Puh-flipping-leeeeeze.

This is precisely the kind of lucid, thoughtful, cogent, substantive and eloquently articulated political analysis I come here for. Good on you, sir!