Wesley Clark 2004

Comments

• Reply 121 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Your a joke

Ouch. Anders, you're hurting my feelings..
  • Reply 122 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Are these 'official' videos?

they're are so disarmingly UNpolitical . . . I like them . . . it is hard to imagine that there could be a politician position who's 'video/diaries-for-public-release' would be natural enough for me not to dislike them . . . --I am veeery picky about video . . . its my thang!!

I mean, they seem like semi aesthetically-intelligent videos in their form and looseness and yet well constructed too . . . rather than what I would expect for public release by a politicia . . . these are not 'safe' enough to seem like the average political pablum. . .

I wonder what sort of impact these have in the general populace?

It's amazing how superficial people are, and how easily they're fooled by the right kind of mannerism. I knew that guy was a political animal the second I saw him on CNN.
  • Reply 123 of 146
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Wow such insight... someone who rises throught the ranks of the military doesn't get there just cuz he can shoot straight.

And Bush isn't a politcal animal?

Newsflash... if you run for office... any office High School Class President... you're a political animal.
  • Reply 124 of 146
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by majorspunk

It's amazing how superficial people are, and how easily they're fooled by the right kind of mannerism. I knew that guy was a political animal the second I saw him on CNN.

he is a political animal yes . . . . not very polished though

but the VIDEOs that Fellowship links to are well made and yet have a casualness very much unlike usual political presentations
  • Reply 125 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Wow such insight... someone who rises throught the ranks of the military doesn't get there just cuz he can shoot straight.

And Bush isn't a politcal animal?

Newsflash... if you run for office... any office High School Class President... you're a political animal.

Thank you chu_bakka. You've just helped me make my point.
  • Reply 126 of 146
    Quote:

he is a political animal yes . . . . not very polished though

He's much more "polished" than Bush. And that's who we are comparing things to. So I don't see how this kind of perspective puts him at an advantage over Bush.
  • Reply 127 of 146
    Quote:

He's much more "polished" than Bush. And that's who we are comparing things to. So I don't see how this kind of perspective puts him at an advantage over Bush.

Bush is not polished when he twists his words and says stupid things, such as calling a reporter pretentious because the reporter, during a press confrence IN FRANCE, asked the President OF FRANCE a question IN FRENCH!

He said to the reporter, "now you're just showing off"

That is the most humiliating gaff immaginable .. . our "leader"

BUT, he is very very slick at portraying himself as some country good-ole farmboy when in fact he has been silver-spooned through Andover-Yale etc (with middle grades and alot of cocaine!!)kept out of battle and given oil companies . . . he probably wouldn't know what Wallmart is . . .except that they probably contribute loads

Bush's slickness is in his FALSE image, his lying image as an 'everyman', his, I'll just drink a beer with you and we cantalk

whereas Clark's politicalness is in his ability to understand the 'system' but his political 'Face' is not entirely slick, for instance, it is entirely possible that he, like Gore, is too articulate to woo the average person, his ideas take well constructed sentences that are long and in constructed paragraphs . . . and that might just be too much for the average voter . . . .

by the wayClark's thoughts on Bush's "Bring It On"
  • Reply 128 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Josef K.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I wouldn't vote for that freak for dog catcher.

Fellowship
  • Reply 129 of 146
    Quote:

Ok majorspunk don't vote for Clark. Deal?

I would not expect you to after reading what you have to say.

Fellowship
  • Reply 130 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Ok majorspunk don't vote for Clark. Deal?

I would not expect you to after reading what you have to say.

Fellowship

Ok. Deal.

But Fellows, can't I have my fun. This helps me relax on my down time, and it also helps my typing skills. I await your answer.
  • Reply 131 of 146
    Quote:

by the wayClark's thoughts on Bush's "Bring It On"

Bush has made one mistake after another. I agree with Clark on this.

Thanks for the link pfflam, People should read his remarks in the link. Wesley Clark is so very well spoken.

Fellows
  • Reply 132 of 146
    Clarke had better win some primaries or you may not get to vote for him.

Right now Dean, Clarke and Gep are the leaders...

Dean has NH wrapped up. And Gep is in a serious battle to win his home state against Dean.

While I think Clarke is a good candidate... he may of jumped in too late.
  • Reply 133 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Clarke had better win some primaries or you may not get to vote for him.

Right now Dean, Clarke and Gep are the leaders...

Dean has NH wrapped up. And Gep is in a serious battle to win his home state against Dean.

While I think Clarke is a good candidate... he may of jumped in too late.

It would be nice if Wesley Clark is nominated because it would allow me to vote in the next presidential election.

I really want to vote "for" someone. Clark is that person.

Fellowship
  • Reply 134 of 146
    A vote AGAINST someone works too.

Even if it is to just null you're neighbors vote.

Ever see the West Wing where the white house staffer screws up and votes for the wrong guy. And she asks the Navy guy going in to vote for Bartlet... so they null out.

I'm just sayin...
  • Reply 135 of 146
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Go Wes Clark!

Wes in NYC!

Wes is Fellows man!

Fellows
  • Reply 136 of 146
    Rock the Vote.....

How did the candidates do?

Go Here and scroll down a little.

Fellowship
  • Reply 137 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Rock the Vote.....

How did the candidates do?

Go Here and scroll down a little.

Fellowship

I guess other people like his video maker as well.

I think that behind teh media glare on that sausage fellow there is a quiet and very strong support base for Clark.

When more people realize that he is by no means "bush-lite" as some of the other candidates have been called I think they will pay more attention to him.
  • Reply 138 of 146
    Speaking of videos, there is a biography of Clark to be released this week, and you can watch a little teaser snippet of it here.
  • Reply 139 of 146
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Clark definitely looks like a strong candidate. Any skeletons in the closet? I really hope he gets the nomination, I think he can get our country on the right track and start improving international relations.
  • Reply 140 of 146
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Saddam's capture helps out Clark tremendously:
    • Bush can say, "Under my presidency, we captured Saddam and brought him to justice."

• Clark can say, "Under my command, we captured Milosivec and brought him to justice."