"MWSF": THE thread

Comments

• Reply 61 of 204
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I just want MW to get here so apple takes down that stupid aol ipod thing on their front page!
  • Reply 62 of 204
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tink

Since this is rumor, speculation and time for outrageous Mac World predictions,

I'll have to go out on a limb and say...

3GHz G5's.

Me too! I'll go out on a limb and say...

1.7, 1.9 and 2.1GHz PowerMac G5's.

1.33GHz G4 iMacs.

1.33GHz G4 Powerbook 15", and 1.25GHz Powerbook 12".

Oh, and in fall 2004:

1.8, 2.0 and (wow!) 2.2GHz PowerMac G5's.

I like Curufinwe's response, too, but I wouldn't expect such brutal honesty.
  • Reply 63 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

1.33GHz G4 iMacs.

Oh, and in fall 2004:

Yes Bob? Oh, what has contestant #4 bid? OK, I'll bid ...

1.81, 2.01 and 2.21 PowerMac G5's ...

Geez, what's with the faddish lowballing?

... Moto is GONE remember?
  • Reply 64 of 204
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

1.33GHz G4 iMacs.

Oh, and in fall 2004:

Nothing worse than the speed dump in the early G4 days.
  • Reply 65 of 204
    Powermacs:

Single 2.2Ghz

Dual 2.4Ghz

Dual 2.6Ghz

Quad 2.6Ghz
  • Reply 66 of 204
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

Powermacs:

Single 2.2Ghz

Dual 2.4Ghz

Dual 2.6Ghz

Quad 2.6Ghz

I would guess the next rev, while it may not happen at MW, will be Single 2.0GHz, Dual 2.4 and Dual 2.6. Quad? Not without a case redux, which would make for an interesting "big cube" maybe more along the lines of the NeXT cube but a bit bigger. Truely, who the hell would buy them though? It's not a big seller - I think the G5 xServe is more suited for those people.
  • Reply 67 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

I would guess the next rev, while it may not happen at MW, will be Single 2.0GHz, Dual 2.4 and Dual 2.6. Quad? Not without a case redux, which would make for an interesting "big cube" maybe more along the lines of the NeXT cube but a bit bigger. Truely, who the hell would buy them though? It's not a big seller - I think the G5 xServe is more suited for those people.

I was thinking:

? Dual 2.0 GHz

? Dual 2.2 GHz

? Dual 2.4 GHz

But I am dearly hoping that we can see a Dual 2.6 GHz instead of a Dual 2.4 GHz. m.
  • Reply 68 of 204
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekmeet

you guys got squat!

you got nothing!

these threads are so sad and pathetic and the worst part is many of you take yourself WAY too seriously!

just sit back and wait for apple to deliever the goods.

the worst part is the purpoted spec list that you guys put up all the time.

what a joke!

im sure steve jobs gets a kick out of reading them!

I totally agree with what this guy said. \ You guy's are all out of whack.

Some of this sh*t is so unreal it's making me laugh while I read it. Get a grip will you. You do realize you are going to be the same guy's that b*tch about these things not happening, and then your all going to blame Apple for not producing the products that YOU are Promising for your self's.

It's stupid sh*t like this that drove me away from posting in here as often as I used to. \
  • Reply 69 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I just want MW to get here so apple takes down that stupid aol ipod thing on their front page!

• Reply 70 of 204
    Quote:

I'll third that.

Happy New Lyear...

Oopsllls...

So much for touch typing...

:e,pm BPm Bpm
  • Reply 71 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

It's stupid sh*t like this that drove me away from posting in here as often as I used to. \

Well I don't hear anyone missing you. 8)

As stupid/bogus/weird/pathetic as it may seem, I think there are threads suitable for stuff like this; posting what we'd like to see coming from Apple.
  • Reply 72 of 204
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    how many days til macworld?

there is a very familiar vibe around here!
  • Reply 73 of 204
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    Not that anyone cares about eMacs, but someone on another Macintosh forum brought attention to this:

"Listed below are great deals on Previous Generation iBook G3 and eMac products as well as quality Refurbished products. These Previous Generation and Refurbished Products are covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty, and the AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased for these products."

That's from the special deals section of the Apple Store, as of 4:51 PM EST. An entry underneath shows a new, unopened "previous generation eMac" with these specs:

eMac 1GHzG4/256MB/80GB/SuperDrive/E/56K

All-in-one, compact design

17-inch flat CRT display

PowerPC G4 processor

ATI Radeon 7500 graphics w/ 32MB DDR memory

Two FireWire 400 ports and five USB ports

10/100 BASE-T (Fast Ethernet)

AirPort Extreme ready with built-in antenna

$1099.00

That looks oddly like the specs for the higher-priced eMac that's still in the (current) hardware section of the site. This is being discussed at MacNN, and those replying are questioning a next-gen eMac, but the link is: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=195143
  • Reply 74 of 204
    Okay, you guys want a *real* surprise at MacWorld? Here's my guess for the unexpected next week.

No new G5s (per se, I'll get to that later)

No new iMac

No new "miniPods" (those will be unveiled one week prior to the Super Bowl at a special event, then pushed heavily via the Pepsi ads)

Instead, Macworld will be an *all-enterprise* event.

New G5 XServe and XServe RAID

New, competitively-priced G5 boxes designed primarily for the enterprise market

New Apple Office suite with Document, Keynote and a new database program, with full compatibility with previously-created MS Office documents and killer features designed to be catnip for business

Steve Jobs will heavily emphasise Apple's longstanding commitment to business, and mention repeatedly the solid nature of Panther and its relative impermeability to security breaches. Their newly-forged relationship with IBM will also be praised, and a representative from IBM will join him on stage as well at some point.

I'd *love* to see that.

GTSC
  • Reply 75 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gandalf the Semi-Coherent

I'd *love* to see that.

GTSC

Me too! I like. iLike!
  • Reply 76 of 204
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    As boring as it may seem, Gandalf the white is probably right on this. As neat as it would be to see a dual 2.8 g5 or whatever, that likely won't be the case. There will not be any "run to the apple store" product. *but i won'd mind apple proving me wrong.*
  • Reply 77 of 204
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    On Monday, Mac Rumors - as usual, will have some real information on any new stuff to be unveiled at MWSF. There also may be some info late on Sunday. Don't forget to check the News Magazine sites on Monday as well!
  • Reply 78 of 204
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    wow, tuesday, we are so close......

4 Days Left

• Reply 79 of 204
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Keynotes on Tuesday the 6th.
  • Reply 80 of 204
    echoecho Posts: 3member
    What we're wanting to figure out is how early one must start waiting in line to get a great seat for the Stevenote.

Does anyone know the number people that get the preferred seating, that would give us an idea of how far back the regular seating starts?