SHow off your GarageBand Songs

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok now that you guys have it (Apple screwed me over) lets here your GarageBand creations.

Also can someone put a song together showing all the different instruments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 102
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Dude, they are still showing the shipping date you got when you first ordered it.

I'll trade you if you want, I've got Feb 2.

• Reply 2 of 102
    If someone hosts for me, I can show off what I just made.
  • Reply 3 of 102
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I'd rather not.
  • Reply 4 of 102
    I got my copy earlier today and have been playing with it all night. For me it's cool because I can use it with my other music software Reason 2.5. I can create loops in Reason then just drag them into GarageBand. In fact you can download thousands of loops off the net and just drag them in. here is my first track, using Reason made loops as well as GarageBand's own If anyone want's me to host their songs, I will create a better site for this.
  • Reply 5 of 102
    Here's something I threw together to try out GarageBand. Kind of jazzy, but not totally.

Click Here to Download
  • Reply 6 of 102
    Crustibooga wins. Oh, it's not a contest? He wins anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 102
    Yeah, that was very cool crustibooga 8)
  • Reply 8 of 102
    what is up with these screwy downloads, averthing is loading as squirrley code in a browser window. grrrrr
  • Reply 9 of 102
    It's because they are .aac format, which apparently safari doesn't support \
  • Reply 10 of 102
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

It's because they are .aac format, which apparently safari doesn't support \

It's not Safari's fault. It's the server's fault for not knowing the filetype.
  • Reply 11 of 102
    bummer.
  • Reply 12 of 102
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Just control click and download to disc. It will dl the song. Ummm crustiboogas song sounds like it's more Reason than Garageband, but thats just me talking
  • Reply 13 of 102
    heh, well he did use a bunch of reason loops
  • Reply 14 of 102
    I just clicked on the "GarageBand Hot Tips" menu and it told me to step away from the computer.
  • Reply 15 of 102
    wow it downloads at like 7kb/sec

are you getting lots of hits on this? i have broadband and its telling me more than 10 min to dl this song thanks anyway
  • Reply 16 of 102
    nice Crustibooga! (crusty booger?) lol

it sounded like a real dance song and i was surprised it showed up in itunes (i didn't know itunes automatically imported mp3's like that) as "my song" by sonny brown.

it looks like apple's on to something with garageband, i can see this being alot of fun.

so when does the cd come out? lol
  • Reply 17 of 102
    NICE!
  • Reply 18 of 102
    Well, here's mine, it's not that special(especially compared to crusti's)

but I dig it

it's not finished either, but it's a good start if you ask me.

2 tracks live bass

1 track live guitar

3 drum loops

1 MIDI triggered Clavinet

http://www.xaqtly.com/Clavifunk1.mp3
  • Reply 19 of 102
    This sounds like fun!

Tell me, is it worth getting GarageBand if you don't have any MIDI keyboards, or any musical instruments of any kind to plug in?

Secondly, is there a "virtual" keyboard you can use the computer's keyboard or mouse to interact with, or something? m.
  • Reply 20 of 102
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

This sounds like fun!

Tell me, is it worth getting GarageBand if you don't have any MIDI keyboards, or any musical instruments of any kind to plug in?

Secondly, is there a "virtual" keyboard you can use the computer's keyboard or mouse to interact with, or something? m.

There's a GUI keyboard that's about the size of a spider monkey's penis. It can be used to record, but that's not really what it's for. Everything I've made so far sounds like it came out of John Tesh's wastebasket.