Circumcision

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since the other one was deleted...

I find it to be barbaric. I'm pissed that my parents mutilated me because of some ass backwards religious custom. I'm tempted to try nonsurgical foreskin restoration.

What are you thoughts on the issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 139
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Neutral

I am "cut" and have no problems with the machinery.

I certainly can't remember the procedure so it matters not to me personally.

Fellows
  • Reply 2 of 139
    If someone's born with a foreskin, it's meant to bloody well be there! It's worse than cutting boxer dogs' tails, (dogs tend to look better with a natural tail).

Hell, why not just snip off our ears and nose at birth, so God will be happy with us... m.
  • Reply 3 of 139
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

If someone's born with a foreskin, it's meant to bloody well be there! It's worse than cutting boxer dogs' tails, (dogs tend to look better with a natural tail).

Hell, why not just snip off our ears and nose at birth, so God will be happy with us... m.

Cutting ear is traditional for the vulcains, for the nose it's a bajoran tradition. The most horrible traditions certainly come from Fenriginar,the klingons or the cardassians ...

BR : your poll miss a case : i am simply agaisnt. If this case existed i will answer no. But the word ****ing barbaric is a little bit too much.
  • Reply 4 of 139
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Cutting ear is traditional for the vulcains, for the nose it's a bajoran tradition. The most horrible traditions certainly come from Fenriginar,the klingons or the cardassians ...

BR : your poll miss a case : i am simply agaisnt. If this case existed i will choose it. But the word ****ing barbaric is a little bit too much.

• Reply 5 of 139
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

BR : your poll miss a case : i am simply agaisnt. If this case existed i will answer no. But the word ****ing barbaric is a little bit too much.

Well, edit the poll and add the option "Not barbaric but against it" please.
  • Reply 6 of 139
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Well, edit the poll and add the option "Not barbaric but against it" please.

Done
  • Reply 7 of 139
    Quote:

Done

Thanks
  • Reply 8 of 139
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You don't cut off normal anatomy until it's a problem.
  • Reply 9 of 139
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    I've never actually seen an uncircumcised male in real life. What happens to the foreskin during sex?????

Aren't most/all American guys circumcised? I just assumed that......

I think German males are generally circumcised, right?

Among Europeans, is it mostly the British who aren't circumcised? Please forgive my ignorance on this topic. I have absolutely 'no clue'.
  • Reply 10 of 139
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I'm tempted to try nonsurgical foreskin restoration.

How would that work?
  • Reply 11 of 139
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

How would that work?

Skin is able to stretch. It involves tiny amounts of tension over a long period of time. There are a bunch of web sites about this. Basically circumcision leads to desensitization, dry skin, and sometimes getting off too quickly because of the direct stimulation. It also cuts off a whole bunch of nerve endings that also allegedly make sex more pleasurable.
  • Reply 12 of 139
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Most of that wont come back with stretching.
  • Reply 13 of 139
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I went on a little anger-fueled research once when this topic came up a couple of years ago. Have a look around the net, some of the photos will surprise you. (as in "no way that was actually circumcised!")
  • Reply 14 of 139
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If circumcision is a cause behind premature ejaculation then my son(s) will not be circumcised.
  • Reply 15 of 139
    How could it be? One of the arguments against circumcision is that is LESSENS sensitivity. Wouldn't foreskin make your penis sensitive to friction, increasing the chance of that?
  • Reply 16 of 139
    I think it would be a different type of stimulation. I've heard both; that uncircumcised men have better sex, and that circumcision can lead to premature ejaculation. I think the better sex would be because of the friction and the premature ejaculation would be because of the direct stimulation.
  • Reply 17 of 139
    I think it is wrong, unless it is for medical reasons. It's mutilation for any other reason. Let your children decide for themselves when they are old enough. I believe children should have the same freedom with religion - let them learn of all religions, then they can decide when they are old enough and not be brain washed into single beliefs.

I have had to have the snip quite recently, I was told that there was no other alternative in this particular case. I am not bothered about it, but then again I had a choice!
  • Reply 18 of 139
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I've never actually seen an uncircumcised male in real life. What happens to the foreskin during sex?????

as a jewish ex once said when I told her that some women didn't like uncut

"they don't know what they're missing"

To answer your question the skin glides over the 'Glans' and retracts to reveal its purple-majesty that happens to also be extremely sensitive and prone to exstatic pleasure due to its usual seclusion . . .

With that said

I am neutral though that is simply because I have experience teasing as a young boy since I moved here from Europe, and my mother, growing up under Nazi's in France, wanted us untouched

so I know that there can be some social stigma attached to difference

Also, there are two sides to the 'problems with the machinery' issue:

true that some circumcised people develop problems because they are cut badly or constriction ensues etc

but with forskin, you have to take care of yourself more . . . and aiming while standing can be a problem until you reach a certain dexterity and maturity
  • Reply 19 of 139
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    A childhood friend of mine apparently had to be circumcised at age 3 because of an infection that developed. My parents had their doubts about their decision to circumcise me at birth three years earlier, but they said that situation kind of justified their position. Personally, I kind of wish I hadn't been cut... on the other hand, it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. I did a lot of reading about this subject a few months ago and got pretty worked up about restoration for about a week, but now I've basically decided to live with it.

However, I did find out about this one thing: http://www.manhood.mb.ca/

There is some kind of annoying music on the site you can turn off at the bottom. I'm thinking of getting some of these just to try them out.
  • Reply 20 of 139
    My best friend just had to have his 4 year old circumcised too. Nasty. Just ****ing nasty.

Would have been just slightly better to have had it done after birth.