Apple Updates Site, posts Pepsi ad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple has updated its site and the iTunes Music Store to kick of the start of the music giveaway. Also they have posted the final version of the Pepsi/iTunes ad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    Pepsi and iTunes will give away the music.. shouldn't it say Apple
  • Reply 2 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Pepsi and iTunes will give away the music.. shouldn't it say Apple

it probably has something to do with copyright stuff. i must say, the finished version of this commercial is much better than the early version we saw a few days ago. it's not so cheesy.

ALSO, SOME GERMAN RUMOR SITE SAYS WE MIGHT STILL BE SEEING AN APPLE COMMERCIAL AT THE SUPERBOWL!!! GO TO MACRUMORS.COM AND CHECK IT OUT
  • Reply 3 of 41
    there is also now a place to redeem your caps in the iTMS.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

ALSO, SOME GERMAN RUMOR SITE SAYS WE MIGHT STILL BE SEEING AN APPLE COMMERCIAL AT THE SUPERBOWL!!! GO TO MACRUMORS.COM AND CHECK IT OUT

Oh man.. a surprise tomorrow would be really nice... great.. now I just have to watch the Superbowl

• Reply 5 of 41
    The difference between this ad and the other is a tremendous one..."Infront of everyone" is a welcome change from "Infront of 100 million people" like she originally said. The scrolling text is much better, and the overall vibrance is a lot higher due to the lighting and pacing. Not as bad, still not miraculous, 1984-like by any means but a lot more acceptable.

Heres hoping about the Apple-only ad...
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Why do people say Green Day is talentless? The version of "I fought the law" that they do is probably the best, Billy Joe's voice is damn good, its rich and has just a full punk sound that people love. I dont know where it comes from and why all this bashing of Green Day is going on.\
  • Reply 7 of 41
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

Because they suck like the amateur, derivative no-talents that they are?

Quote:

voice...has just a full punk sound that people love

Who, exactly, are these "people"?

You sound like one of those announcers for a Jim Reeves or Slim Whitman compilation on TV!

"For that round, full punk sound, loved and cherished the world over...you and your family will sing along to the classics from the beloved 'Dookie' album and more! Call now, operators are standing by!"

• Reply 8 of 41
    While the version on Apple's site is leagues better than the one we saw a few days ago, it's still a bit disappointing. I would love an Apple-only ad, but I doubt we'll get one.

Regarding Green Day, I usually hate their stuff, but I just bought "I fought the Law." And I NEVER buy rock music. EVER.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

the finished version of this commercial is much better than the early version we saw a few days ago. it's not so cheesy.

What are you talking about?

It's exactly the same! It's just larger and has fewer compression artifact.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

No, they're definitely different.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

go back and watch them--theyre different...
  • Reply 12 of 41
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

I cannot find the video on apples page, link please.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

[B"For that round, full punk sound, loved and cherished the world over...you and your family will sing along to the classics from the beloved 'Dookie' album and more! Call now, operators are standing by!"

[/B]

Ha,ha...Green Day is such a great guilty pleasure!

I'm gonna have to give them props 'cuz if you've ever seen them live in a festival, they are always one of the best shows (seriously)...I'd listen to Billie Joe's melodies and Tre'Cool's drumming over many other current pop/punk/rock bands...They're like McD's fries: it's still just fries, but really good...
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Hi,

I cannot find the video on apples page, link please.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/ads/
  • Reply 15 of 41
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

I cannot find the video on apples page, link please

It's linked from Apple's main page...

Edit: Didn't see your post MacUsers.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    I think I am missing something.

On Apples main page, I click on the huge "100 million songs" picture in the middle of the screen, on the next page I click the banner at the top which says "100 million free songs. 1 in 3 wins".

The next page, which states "Pepsi iTunes Music Giveaway" and has a metallic look is the page where I am lost!
  • Reply 17 of 41
    Quote:

I think I am missing something.

On Apples main page, I click on the huge "100 million songs" picture in the middle of the screen, on the next page I click the banner at the top which says "100 million free songs. 1 in 3 wins".

The next page, which states "Pepsi iTunes Music Giveaway" and has a metallic look is the page where I am lost!

Just go here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/ads/

• Reply 18 of 41
    Thanks MacUsers!
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Pscates, everything in music is derivative, it just depends what you like. A lot of people like Green Day based on sales, and I dont think its just because of MTV marketing and such...they have a cool sound. I like it, a lot of people like it...and it definately isnt because of two big boobs and a pretty face, lol.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    The Pepsi/iTunes commercial just ran at 7:17 PM EST..nice. The Superbowl cut right to the ad from play to commercial, so it didnt get lost in the shuffle of ads, good in my opinion...I honestly dont remember what followed it. Nice strategy with the timeslot, people settled in, game's getting interesting...BAM FREE MUSIC, haha!