Apple Hypes MWSF 2002

Comments

• Reply 1519 of 1761
    There are so many questions left to find answers too!!! AHGHHHH!!
  • Reply 1519 of 1761
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    Those pages do not get done in 2 seconds, they have obviously been ready for at least a few hours if not more (probably a few days). A lot of web pages have things in automatic schedules.

It wouldn't surprise me if Time Canada had the update and at midnight their time the new issue was automatically put online, regardless of the content.
  • Reply 1523 of 1761
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:

<strong>I'm beginning to wonder if'n this ain't all she wrote.

I hope not, but holy cow, a leaked Time article kinda takes the wind outta yer sails, and I can start to believe that Steve thinks the iLamp is cool enough to justify 7 days worth of headlines.

Again, i hope not, but yeah...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, there better be more. What is it, 2.5 hours? There's got to be more than this.
  • Reply 1524 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:

<strong>I'm beginning to wonder if'n this ain't all she wrote.

I hope not, but holy cow, a leaked Time article kinda takes the wind outta yer sails, and I can start to believe that Steve thinks the iLamp is cool enough to justify 7 days worth of headlines.

Again, i hope not, but yeah...</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's not all. Remember Steve's ego. The iMac unveiling would be for a normal MacWorld, and "This one is big. Even by our standards." A leak was bound to happen. I'm surprised it didn't happen until now. There's more thunder (and it's not Steve's temper).
  • Reply 1525 of 1761
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    What's interesting about this leak is how it was leaked. It took a screw up by legit outlets to get it out. Now that Apple has clamped down on employees, will they clamp down on the press? Almost surely. Stve might learn that there is no such thing as failsafe secrecy. Shit happens too.

PS: notice that the page count in this thread doesn't go past page "38" ?
  • Reply 1526 of 1761
    I'm sorry to say this but I think the new iMac is what all the hype is about. He said this was the best thing they have ever done in the Time interview. It does not bode well for other announcements. You really need to consider the source.

• Reply 1527 of 1761
    The new Apple logo looks likes it's metal. (that could explain the one used on the walk wheel.)

Plus the exaggerated Clear plastic edge around the new iMac screen also seams to be like the iWalk prototype.
  • Reply 1528 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>What's interesting about this leak is how it was leaked. It took a screw up by legit outlets to get it out. Now that Apple has clamped down on employees, will they clamp down on the press? Almost surely. Stve might learn that there is no such thing as failsafe secrecy. Shit happens too.

PS: notice that the page count in this thread doesn't go past page "38" ? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Steve will probably "86" future press releases to further clamp down on leaks ... unless, he didn't care about this leak, because everyone was guessing it anyway.

Not sure what you mean about the page count. Mine goes up to 39.
  • Reply 1529 of 1761
    I see. The page count at the *bottom* of the page only goes to 38 because the little text on the left pushes it over. It doesn't happen at the top of the page.
  • Reply 1530 of 1761
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Appple sold $50000000 worth of iPODS!! holy crap! :eek:
  • Reply 1531 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>I'm sorry to say this but I think the new iMac is what all the hype is about. He said this was the best thing they have ever done in the Time interview. It does not bode well for other announcements. You really need to consider the source.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Could it be that Steve didn't want to "give away" any of his other announcements, and chose to "hype" the iMac's new design. Regardless, the Pro Series is going to have to get a better set of H/W just so that the consumer series doesn't encroach on the Pro market. That can only mean better motherbd and possibly processor (if the iMac gets a G4). It kinda fits that Steve is willing to let some of his "new toys" be seen (the obvious ones).
  • Reply 1532 of 1761
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    I am sure this is all Time knows about.

A G5 Powermac is too advanced for the readers of Time Magazine.
  • Reply 1532 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>I see. The page count at the *bottom* of the page only goes to 38 because the little text on the left pushes it over. It doesn't happen at the top of the page.</strong><hr></blockquote>

See what you mean about the spacing, but mine still shows 39 on *top* and *bottom*. dunno why. I guess the server will boot us when it get overloaded. Lets find out ...
  • Reply 1534 of 1761
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    [quote]I'm sorry to say this but I think the new iMac is what all the hype is about. He said this was the best thing they have ever done in the Time interview. It does not bode well for other announcements. You really need to consider the source.<hr></blockquote>

Maybe he meant this is the "sexiest" thing they have ever done.
  • Reply 1535 of 1761
    it is intended as an entire system, where as the Pro G5 can be set up with any sort of monitor.
  • Reply 1536 of 1761
    Remember that the iMac is the center of the hub, thus the most critical. It supports the other stuff. So it is the highlight, but not the only announcement necessarily. I doubt any new peripherals or they would be mentioned (why mention iPhoto but not a peripheral or other apps?)

So figure: OS X standard install, iPhoto (could be the one-more-thing perk), updated PowerMacs, bunch of OS X app announcements: Adobe, etc., new Os X features coming or (unlikely) released.
  • Reply 1537 of 1761
    iPhoto is most likely bundled with the iMac, amongst other (already known) apps. The spot light of the article is the iMac, no need to get things confused with "other" announcements. As previously said, 'the G5 is too advanced for readers of Time' (paraphrasing I think). the iMac could be the spotlight of the announcements, but iPhoto sounds kinda weak for a "one more thing".
  • Reply 1538 of 1761
    There may not be a "one more thing." He hasn't done that bit in a while anyway. any specific ideas for One More Thing??
  • Reply 1539 of 1761
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Come on, Steve. If you have other cool announcements for tomorrow, you have got to give us a message tonight that makes reference to Time. Lead us to believe the whole thing was planned this way. If done properly, you can make this thread at least 20 pages longer.
  • Reply 1540 of 1761
    Gotta love that enthusiasm. Don't think Steve will give us the satisfaction though.

As for "one more thing", as an original Newton owner, I'd like to see an iPad. The only thing that says "maybe not", is the profitability of it. It would have to have features that none of us have brought up yet, that's for sure.