Violation of "Retarded Post" sticky in AO by new sticky in AO

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    The mods and admins have discussed the matter privately and we have decided to enact CosmoNut's suggestion.

Bad behavior in AppleOutsider will (under most circumstances) get you banned from AppleOutsider only. That should give the offender the freedom to use the PM system and participate in the rest of AppleInsider. Optimistically, the ban from AO should open the offenders eyes to the fact that political debates are not an essential part of AppleInsider, maybe even getting the offender to participate civilly in some *gasp* Apple-relevant discussions.

Repeat offenses in AO or any offenses outside AO while on the above mentioned probation period will lead to a temporary ban from the entire site.

Upon any third offense or at our discretion, the offending member may be banned permanently.

The moderators and administrators will decide on the length any ban at the time of the event. Most often, this period will range from three days to a week.

Registering new or using additional accounts to circumvent any of these restrictions will be considered a hostile act and may get your IP addresses permanently banned from AppleInsider. Any such extra accounts will be deleted.
  • Reply 82 of 89
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Brad and other mods/admins. Good decision. Just because someone is an ass in AO doesn't mean they can't be good outside of it. Good luck.
  • Reply 83 of 89
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    torifile...ever the optimist.

But seriously, that's probably as good a solution as any. Three chances to not be a dick, and their first one only tosses them from AO - where the majority of the dickosity occurs - so that's cool.

Anyone getting permanently banned under this very clear and reasonable rule is indeed quite the idiot.

Good luck, everyone. I know a few will rise to the challenge, I'm sure.

• Reply 84 of 89
    All the mods unanimously voted for the idea. Except Amorph. He's a commie terrorist.

::ducks::
  • Reply 85 of 89
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Wow!

I'm just so honored that my suggestion is becoming POLICY!

I'd like to thank the Academy....

• Reply 86 of 89
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

All the mods unanimously voted for the idea. Except Amorph. He's a commie terrorist.

::ducks::

So much for "unanimous" then, eh? Serves him right for being productive in the real world instead.

[fixed typo after about 6 hours]
  • Reply 87 of 89
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Well the new rule should be interesting. Already I see that my thread regarding Rwanda was sidetracked and eventually locked...one member even calling another "ASS" and "douchebag". Nice. And it was a good topic too.

• Reply 88 of 89
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

See? SEE?!?

Man, at this point I'm totally convinced one could start a thread in AO about nursery rhymes, bunny rabbits or favorite flavor of ice cream and it would STILL turn into a flame-fest and full-tilt dickathon.

Jeez-louise...

"Oh, the cow jumped over the moon, huh? Only because there was OIL in it and the cow was a Haliburton contractor, assbag! The cow acted unilaterally. And if the dish and the spoon want to get MARRIED after running away, well that's their RIGHT! How dare the courts deny this to two consenting, loving utensils!"
  • Reply 89 of 89
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member

AO... ohh AO!

People go there just to pick fights.

That's what AO is for.

To keep the riff raff away from the rest of AI.

Ohhh AO.