I hate the DPRK (humorous rant)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 94
    oops
  • Reply 42 of 94
    OK. Guess how many homicides by gunshot there were in the whole of Great Britain in 1997?

A whopping 59.

Which would be, I'd suggest, pretty good for the city of Washington. That year they had 541 deaths by gunshot per million population.

Like I say, I'll put up with the terrible fear of being rounded up.
  • Reply 43 of 94
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Actually Americans have been offing each other at 4x-12x the rate of the UK, even before "gun control" went into effect in Britian.
  • Reply 44 of 94
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The DPRK could join the PRMD and the PRNJ and have some fun together.
  • Reply 45 of 94
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    I'd like to thank everyone who voted for the SLAP round for making my day. For those of you who don't know, SLAP is an acronym for Sabot Light Armor Piercing. Basically a SLAP round is a tungsten anti tank penetrator that moves in excess of 4,000 feet per second. Because of its smaller size, a SLAP round won't go through a tank, but it will go through anything that is not a tank. SLAP rounds are good for destroying vehicle engine blocks in one hit and still getting the guy who is hiding behind the vehicle as well as the guy who was behind that guy.

A .50 caliber SLAP round is not surprisingly, very illegal (or at least I am just assuming that it is illegal, either way it is probably illegal where I live). Also, it can only be fired in a .50 Caliber sniper rifle which would itself weigh 30 pounds and be over four feet in length. Not exactly your ideal home defense weapon... unless you have a hallway that is several hundred yards long.
  • Reply 46 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Actually Americans have been offing each other at 4x-12x the rate of the UK, even before "gun control" went into effect in Britian.

That's just the kind of people we are But of course, I wouldn't want to live in any other country (assuming I could somehow keep my job and not live in the DPRK, or that I could just buy the weaponry that I want to shoot at the range).
  • Reply 47 of 94
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for the SLAP round for making my day. For those of you who don't know, SLAP is an acronym for Sabot Light Armor Piercing. Basically a SLAP round is a tungsten anti tank penetrator that moves in excess of 4,000 feet per second. Because of its smaller size, a SLAP round won't go through a tank, but it will go through anything that is not a tank. SLAP rounds are good for destroying vehicle engine blocks in one hit and still getting the guy who is hiding behind the vehicle as well as the guy who was behind that guy.

A .50 caliber SLAP round is not surprisingly, very illegal (or at least I am just assuming that it is illegal, either way it is probably illegal where I live). Also, it can only be fired in a .50 Caliber sniper rifle which would itself weigh 30 pounds and be over four feet in length. Not exactly your ideal home defense weapon... unless you have a hallway that is several hundred yards long.

Who cares what the fvck a SLAP is ?!?!. . . the idiotic love of statistics about armerments is the sure sign that someone is way too involved with guns to think rationnaly about how they impact society.

The kind of people who get a kick out of knowing what kind of exit-wound a certain bullet creates, and loves to try and one-up the next gun-licker on penetration stats just seems stupid . . . besides the obviouse fact that it is really some other kind of desire repressed and sublimated!

and unfortunately, that kind of adoration of the minutest knowledge of armerments, and calibers, and gun-types and also of military gear, is completly ubiquitous wherever gun freaks congregate . . .

Its almost as bad as military regalia bluffs . . . now what a buncha losers . .
  • Reply 48 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Who cares what the fvck a SLAP is ?!?!. . . the idiotic love of statistics about armerments is the sure sign that someone is way too involved with guns to think rationnaly about how they impact society.

The kind of people who get a kick out of knowing what kind of exit-wound a certain bullet creates, and loves to try and one-up the next gun-licker on penetration stats just seems stupid . . . besides the obviouse fact that it is really some other kind of desire repressed and sublimated!

and unfortunately, that kind of adoration of the minutest knowledge of armerments, and calibers, and gun-types and also of military gear, is completly ubiquitous wherever gun freaks congregate . . .

Its almost as bad as military regalia bluffs . . . now what a buncha losers . .

Let me rephrase your interesting response to demonstrate the "uniqueness" of your argument...

Quote:

Rewritten by Yevgeny

Who cares what the fvck a DIMM is ?!?!. . . the idiotic love of statistics about memory is the sure sign that someone is way too involved with computers to think rationnaly about how they impact society.

The kind of people who get a kick out of knowing the throughput of their system bus, and love to try and one-up the next guy at the LAN party on Halflife fps stats just seems stupid . . . besides the obvious fact that it is really some other kind of desire repressed and sublimated!

and unfortunately, that kind of adoration of the minutest knowledge of CPUs, and GPUs, and MOBOs and also of portable computers, is completly ubiquitous wherever computer freaks congregate . . .

Its almost as bad as automobile buffs . . . now what a buncha losers . .

A hobbie is a hobbie. Guys will be obsessed with it regardless of whether or not it is comic books, baseball cards, computers, cars, or guns. You have nothing to say other than to vent. BTW, nice line about the "repressed and sublimated" desires. BTW, what did you mean by a sumlimated desire? I had always thought that sublimation was the porcess by which a solid turned directly into a gas without the intermediate step of being a liquid.

Oooh ooohh, better yet...

Quote:

Rewritten by demented Yevgeny

Who cares what the fvck logocentrism is ?!?!. . . the idiotic love of poststructuralists about binaries is the sure sign that someone is way too involved with post modern literary theory to think rationnaly about how it impacts society.

The kind of people who get a kick out of knowing what kind of deconstruction method a certain literary scholar uses and love to try and one-up the guy who believes in a literal meaning of the text just seems stupid . . . besides the obvious fact that it is really some other kind of desire repressed and sublimated!

and unfortunately, that kind of adoration of the minutest knowledge of Derrida, and Focault, and Fish, and also of higher criticism, is completly ubiquitous wherever literary freaks congregate . . .

Its almost as bad as Shakespere buffs . . . now what a buncha losers . .

Again, kudos on the whole repressed line. I couldn't have rewritten it better
  • Reply 49 of 94
    touchey . . .\
  • Reply 50 of 94
    Quote:

touchey . . .\

Well, in all fairness, you did make a pretty clear insinuation that I am an irrational, represed and sublimated (?) freak who cares nothing for society.

I think that I would have probably responded better to a rational presentation of why people shouldn't have SLAP rounds (I would agree with you), instead of presenting for your response a wonderful example of an ad homenim fallacy.

..edit..

Perhaps you meant to say "touche" as a complement to my witty comeback.
  • Reply 51 of 94
    Ouch pfflam, I thought hitting an 6-inch bull[seye] at 300 yards with a .270 centerfire rifle, shooting 130-grain bullets with a muzzle velocity of a little over 3000 fps, an enegy of 2700 ft-lbs, and a bullet trajectory of -10.7 inches at 300yds was fun.

As Jacque the shrimp remarked in Finidng Nemo......

"I am ashamed"
  • Reply 52 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Ouch pfflam, I thought hitting an 6-inch bull[seye] at 300 yards with a .270 centerfire rifle, shooting 130-grain bullets with a muzzle velocity of a little over 3000 fps, an enegy of 2700 ft-lbs, and a bullet trajectory of -10.7 inches at 300yds was fun.

You are singlehandedly destroying human society, you cretin. How will humanity realize the ideals of the enlightenment when the world is populated by people like you?

BTW, nice shootin'
  • Reply 53 of 94
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    You go boys. Make the target scream for more.

"Project" your "power" with a "long barrel" that "nails" the "bullseye"
  • Reply 54 of 94
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

A hobbie is a hobbie. Guys will be obsessed with it...

Well, since you put it that way...I have to say that out of everything, this has got to be the thing I hate the most about my fellow males.

And it almost never does any good to be a spec whore about anything, because in the end you likely will get beat by the person that knows what they need to and realizes that technical knowledge is a means to an end, that end being getting the job done.

Part of the reason I'm bitter about this is because of the unavoidable social interactions I have with guys that base their personalities on technical knowledge. I feel like I know less than I do, they then think they know more than me, but once we get down to work, the roles flip and the spec whore becomes bitter as he either a) loses if it's something competitive or b) sits back and learns if it's something cooperative.

Anyway, I agree with everything you say, Yevgeny, and your posts certainly don't have the mark of a spec whore, unlike...
  • Reply 55 of 94
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jessearl

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

<Offtopic...>

Just as an aside, this has been all over the Canadian news today. Parliament formally acknowledged that the event took place. Canada is apparently only one of about 25 nations that have acknowledged what the Armenians went through. Turkey is not happy with us at all.

<Continue...>
  • Reply 56 of 94
    . . . yes of course . . . touche with the phonetic for the lack of an accent mark

. . . unless someone can point me to how an accent mark is made
  • Reply 57 of 94
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

. . . yes of course . . . touche with the phonetic for the lack of an accent mark

. . . unless someone can point me to how an accent mark is made

option-E then hit whatever vowel you want.

Touché.
  • Reply 58 of 94
    ´©ø?_??

´?µ´´å?_Got it
  • Reply 59 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

You go boys. Make the target scream for more.

"Project" your "power" with a "long barrel" that "nails" the "bullseye"

That is a typical, response to target shooting. Long-distance shooting requires a great deal of mental focus, breathing control, etc. Especially in field conditions---no bench rests----just your knee or a pair of shooting sticks.

As for "projecting power" and all the sybolism that surrounds it, until we develop viable laser technology, we have no other way of getting a projectile with lethal energy levels accurately placed that far downrange.

-Kinda like equating pencils as phallic symbols.
  • Reply 60 of 94
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member

Huhyeah, ok...

/huntersthompsonrulesblowingthingsup