I hate the DPRK (humorous rant)

Comments

• Reply 61 of 94
    countdown to a Bowling for Columbine reference...
  • Reply 62 of 94
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I hunt big game for food about once a year. Regualtions allow me to aquire upwards of 200 pounds of "organically grown" meat for the cost of transportation and my time. At 250-300 yards you had better have done your homework, or you will either spend your time tracking gut-shot animals in the elements or miss your opportunities completely.

(The animals you are harvesting don't give a rip what T-shirt you are wearing.)

Any turd can cook up a smear job on rednecks---that actually doesn't require talent--hence Miramax's involvement---but when you scientifically harvest your own food and need to take an animal cleanly, the stereotypes come up a tincy bit shy.
  • Reply 63 of 94
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Well, since you put it that way...I have to say that out of everything, this has got to be the thing I hate the most about my fellow males.

Dude, your vagina is dripping. If you hate fun, then I would actually like it if you moved somewhere other than America, because I like having fun. And my shooting sucks. I just like blasting rounds out for no good reason at targets, animals, trees, etc. It's fun, you should try it.

Sometimes I eat the animals. . . I used to hunt waterfowl with shotguns, so I'm good at the shotgun thing, which is different that the rifle thing. (fast reflexes vs. steady aim). It's also different than the pistol thing, which is a mix of both I guess.
  • Reply 64 of 94
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Dude, your vagina is dripping. If you hate fun, then I would actually like it if you moved somewhere other than America, because I like having fun.

HAH!
  • Reply 65 of 94
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Dude, your vagina is dripping. If you hate fun, then I would actually like it if you moved somewhere other than America, because I like having fun. And my shooting sucks. I just like blasting rounds out for no good reason at targets, animals, trees, etc. It's fun, you should try it.

Read my earlier posts in this thread, numbnut. I've got awards spanning ten years from when I was a kid but currently use either my recurve or my old compound bow because, as stated earlier in the thread, I can't own any of the guns I want to where I live:

Quote:

Yevgeny, I'm with you. I live in a town that doesn't allow me to own a handgun. Why do I want a handgun? Because I like to fire them at targets.

I also can't stand bullshit arguments about handguns only being used to kill people. What about my bow? Do people only own bows to kill people or animals? No. I like sticking arrows in targets. What's wrong with that?

And I have a close friend that was murdered with a point blank shot to his head and three close friends who had been seriously wounded at some point.

Not to mention all of the aquaintances, considering I went to a high school that had shooting*s* within the school and a long in memoriam list for shooting victims in every yearbook.

All this in a more upscale urban neighborhood.

And, while I'm at it, go back to your pussy riceboy thread. My pops made a point of it to make sure I learned to drive on the track at Elkhart in real cars. Maybe growing up around cars worth as much as houses is the reason I really don't give a shit about it as an adult.

But, sure, my vagina is dripping. Maybe it's just that, as I said, losers that spout stats are almost always playing dress up while those that talk in practical terms typically know what they are talking about.
  • Reply 66 of 94
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

. . .

Oh, you're so special. You can drive a car, shoot guns, and apparently your dad "taught you right." . . . I'm green with envy. As for the car, I too am much more interested in track racing, but an occaisional street race can be much fun. (a concept that still seems to be alien to you). Since I find it actually more enjoyable to work on the car than to race it, of course I can rattle off all sort of stats. . . You need to know specs when you're buying parts. As for guns, I don't really care that much about gun specs since I'm not good enough for it to matter. Guns to me are purely a matter of cheap thrills. (i.e. fun)

So, quite frankly, you are surely a better shooter than I am, and I probably wouldn't quite humiliate you on the track, but even if you were the better driver I wouldn't care, since I am getting maximal enjoyment out of these activities already. After all, they are just hobbies to me, so fun is all that matters.

So there ya go, mom.
  • Reply 67 of 94
    Quote:

Oh, you're so special. You can drive a car, shoot guns, and apparently your dad "taught you right." . . . I'm green with envy.

That's not the point.

And you probably would beat me in a street race since I haven't cared in years and currently only drive our volvo once or twice a month.

Quote:

an occaisional street race can be much fun.

Except, as kirkland pointed out, when a kid runs in front of your car or someone unexpectedly turns into you off of a side street.

Quote:

As for guns, I don't really care that much about gun specs since I'm not good enough for it to matter... so fun is all that matters.

Then keep it fun and don't treat it like some sort of dick measuring contest, which was essentially what I was saying in the first post, anyway.
  • Reply 68 of 94
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Dude, your vagina is dripping. If you hate fun, then I would actually like it if you moved somewhere other than America, because I like having fun.

LOL

Quote:

Then keep it fun and don't treat it like some sort of dick measuring contest, which was essentially what I was saying in the first post, anyway.

always wise when you don't measure up.
  • Reply 69 of 94
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You rock, Spline.

• Reply 70 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

You rock, Spline.

Maybe if he had more than one trick

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...ing#post491641
  • Reply 71 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

always wise when you don't measure up.

You're still bitter about all those times the fact tore your arguments apart? Grow up.
  • Reply 72 of 94
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    *drip* *drip* *drip*
  • Reply 73 of 94
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    "Nice Shootin', Tex"

Ko-TEX that is..

• Reply 74 of 94
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I appreciate humor, but I can't laugh at deriding other male posters for having a "dripping vagina" for looking at anything from a consciously gendered perspective. On the other hand, I don't condone responding to such derision with the same pathetic machismo. This means you, giant. A reactionary chauvinistic tone is all over this thread: "dripping vagina," "pussy," "mom (used pejoratively)," "kotex." Hang-ups about women, anyone? Let's all put them to rest and immediately post in a certain thread.
  • Reply 75 of 94
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

That is a typical, response to target shooting. Long-distance shooting requires a great deal of mental focus, breathing control, etc. Especially in field conditions---no bench rests----just your knee or a pair of shooting sticks.

As for "projecting power" and all the sybolism that surrounds it, until we develop viable laser technology, we have no other way of getting a projectile with lethal energy levels accurately placed that far downrange.

-Kinda like equating pencils as phallic symbols.

Having a need to getting a projectile downrange with lethal energy levels is the symbolism, you twit.

Pencils. Right. Because we're constantly thrusting them into things.
  • Reply 76 of 94
    By the way, when did it become OK for the mods to pile on with juvenile taunting? Does this mean it's OK for me to call Splinemodel an ignorant little twat?

Just asking.
  • Reply 77 of 94
    It wouldn't actually be that bad if it wasn't the same old recycled material. I don't mind a little ribbing, and certainly deserved there, but it's boring if they can't think of anything new.

But splinemodel didn't need to make the comment in the first place, especially considering it all came out of his baseless assumption that since I'm vocal about the war I also hate guns, carry palestinian flags at women's rights marches and want the government to regulate when we take shits.
  • Reply 78 of 94
    Quote:

It wouldn't actually be that bad if it wasn't the same old recycled material. I don't mind a little ribbing, and certainly deserved there, but it's boring if they can't think of anything new.

But splinemodel didn't need to make the comment in the first place, especially considering it all came out of his baseless assumption that since I'm vocal about the war I also hate guns, carry palestinian flags at women's rights marches and want the government to regulate when we take shits.

Oddly, I'm a passionate advocate of the government regulating where we take shits. If I could just get you to sign this petition....
  • Reply 79 of 94
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Having a need to getting a projectile downrange with lethal energy levels is the symbolism, you twit.

well, there are certain factors---unless you are a strict vegan---that concern the animal that you are harvesting.

1. it's not a happy meal on the counter, next to the hermetically sealed kastup, it is an animal, and it just wants to live---keep in mind most big game are herbavores

2. if you respect the animal---you will kill it instantly

3. grain farming grinds up inumerable mice, birds, rabbits etc.---not to mention the fossil-fuel methods that carry the "guilt free" merchandise to market.

....unless you consider animal factory farming the lesser of two evils, getting "dialed in" at the range is the appropriate and responsible practice----at least until we can lock "wild" game into cinder block structures, forcing them to live their lives in cages not wide enough to turn around in---to live their entire lives never seeing the sun.

Otherwise, as a responsible meat eater, I'll take my options, and enjoy the practice of target shooting, hunting and eating---without the TV thought-world intruding on my reality.

This reality is not suitable for some---reducing the steer in the feedlot to a beef burrito----without any real thought as to how this happens, is all too condusive, these days--hey who cares? It's all too easy to care.

Eat drink and be merry! Who cares what has to die? (how OR why)
  • Reply 80 of 94
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I'm with you on this one dmz...now if you were only as humane to your daughter as you are to the animals...LET HER PEE!