Nick Berg Beheaded.

Comments

• Reply 281 of 301
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I agree. The simple truth is that the poor bastard had his head chopped off by bastards.

Amen
  • Reply 282 of 301
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I have no idea if there is anything fishy about this....

But I do have an idea about the nature of conspiracy theories:

Anything scrutinized closely enough will eventually begin to dissolve into a welter of apparently contradictory and confusing micro-incidents, because that is the nature of reality.

It is akin to increasing the magnification on a photograph until the sense of the image is lost and you're just looking at the grain.

The "grain" of events in the world is the point at which all actions appear synchronistic because you have successfully stripped the event of all of its causal affiliations, leaving it "naked", as it were, and open to (in fact tending towards, like charged ion) recombination within a new narrative.

As I say, there may well be something we're not being told, and god knows actual secret nefariousness is far too common in this world.

However, the appearance of "inconsistencies" strike me as inherent in the flow of all events, awaiting discovery by any sufficiently diligent investigator.
  • Reply 283 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

I have no idea if there is anything fishy about this....

But I do have an idea about the nature of conspiracy theories:

snip

However, the appearance of "inconsistencies" strike me as inherent in the flow of all events, awaiting discovery by any sufficiently diligent investigator.

I have to say that I agree with this. Conspiracy theories are actually comforting in a way. The truth is that people are generally incompetent; they make mistakes; bad things happen to people who don't deserve it; generally, shit happens. It's not an altogether pleasant thing to acknowledge the fact that the universe actually owes none of us a damn thing and there is no plot.
  • Reply 284 of 301
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    AND, at least people who construct conspiracy theories, have the mental capacity to source and digest several sources of information and can piece together something that 95%-of-the-thick-twat-believe-the-first-opinion-given-as-gospel-population can not.

Who was it that started the "Our president is lying to us to start a war" thread. How many of those conspiracy theories did you pour scorn over turn out to be true?

Its because of wankers like you (no-one actually inferred) that wankers in high positions can get away with the bullshit time and time again.

Can not you realize that the people who are supposed to be serving the populace, are taking us all for monkeys. For GODS sake the longer you let them get away with it, the worse it will become. You need to Question everything until there is no doubt that you have established the truth. The first line is always without doubt about as far from the truth as you can possibly get, and as people we need to keep pushing and pushing until they are forced to give the absolute truth.

The real truth will probably belong somewhere between what the admin will tell us, and the worst conspiracy theory you can imagine. Period.
  • Reply 285 of 301
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Racism.

Jews are member of a religion on a race.

I just know who the targets of the worlds ire are these days. Gotta problem? Blame the Jews and the US!
  • Reply 286 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

AND, at least people who construct conspiracy theories, have the mental capacity to source and digest several sources of information and can piece together something that 95%-of-the-thick-twat-believe-the-first-opinion-given-as-gospel-population can not.

Who was it that started the "Our president is lying to us to start a war" thread. How many of those conspiracy theories did you pour scorn over turn out to be true?

Its because of wankers like you (no-one actually inferred) that wankers in high positions can get away with the bullshit time and time again.

There's a difference between 'Diana was killed by MI6' (she wasn't, her driver was drunk and drove too fast) and 'George Bush is lying to start a war' (he was, he did.)
  • Reply 287 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I just know who the targets of the worlds ire are these days. Gotta problem? Blame the Jews and the US!

please show me where anyone in this thread blames the jews for beheading nick berg and i will send you ?300 by paypal and until then please go away please please please
  • Reply 288 of 301
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I hate to harp on this, but will a brave soul confirm or deny my observation? I'm quite sure that there was a huge difference in the time stamps on the video meaning something was up with the recording because it was all supposed to have taken place during the same "recording session".

There were obviously two cameras, one on a tripod and another was hand held, IIRC. The hand held had a different time stamp.

It seems that these people are probably either Zarqawi sympathysers,

But probably they are Baath party members who want to discredit the US by making it seem that Zarqawi is alive and well, to make it seem that they (Baath party) are a relatively good force for stability.

Why?

Because they know that the more that the opposition seems to be Fundamentalist or religious the more the US will turn to them as a secular option . . .as in the almost hiring of one of them to head a 'security' force in Fallujah.

But I will also say that the US also wants to make sure we think it was AQ . . . or who-ever translated the text, as it is in the Bush administrations interests to have AQ operating in Iraq because it retroactively justifies this messed up war.
  • Reply 289 of 301
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

1) Are you Jewish?

2) Nick Berg, from the local news reports, was Jewish (or at least his funeral is planned for being held at a synogogue).

I think we can safely blame Nick Berg for a significant fraction of his death, so by doing so I am saying a Jew was responsible for his death...
  • Reply 290 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

please show me where anyone in this thread blames the jews for beheading nick berg and i will send you ?300 by paypal and until then please go away please please please

I think I did! You gonna give me the 300?
  • Reply 291 of 301
    Quote:

I think I did! You gonna give me the 300?

i will glady pay you the ?300 when you show me

where

in

this

thread

someone

blames

the

jews

for

chopping

off

nick

berg's

head

and 'i think i did' isn't the answer i was looking for
  • Reply 292 of 301
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

It's correct to say that Jews are not a race, but saying that Judaism is a religion to the exclusion of its being anything else is an oversimplification that many would find offensive or ignorant.

Quote:

I think I see what's going on. Whenever Scott types I-S-R-A-E-L on his computer keyboard it appears onscreen as T-H-E J-E-W-S. It's his computer keyboard's way of implying that anyone who disproves of the actions of the US and Israel in the middle east is motivated by anti-semitism.
  • Reply 293 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

I think I see what's going on. Whenever Scott types I-S-R-A-E-L on his computer keyboard it appears onscreen as T-H-E J-E-W-S. It's his computer keyboard's way of implying that anyone who disproves of the actions of the US and Israel in the middle east is motivated by anti-semitism.

I know what direction the world spins. Oh and by the way there's no such thing as anti-semitism as I learned in a thread here on AI recently.
  • Reply 294 of 301
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

It's correct to say that Jews are not a race, but saying that Judaism is a religion to the exclusion of its being anything else is an oversimplification that many would find offensive or ignorant.

I think he may have a point even though he may be expressing it in a provocative manner:

It seems that the collective muslim community and the rest of the world have settled upon blaming anything and everything at the doorsteps of either the US/UK and if that does not work then Israel.

I mean, lets look around, i think it would be interesting to see if anyone blames say Iran or SA or whoever. I would offer that it comes right back to the US to take the blame at some point.
  • Reply 295 of 301
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Scott's creating a counterpoint to the tin hat club's idea that this is really US forces covering up/framing these Islamic militants. Therefore, it's just as off-the-wall ridiculous, deliberately so. I'm surprised this has to be explained. We've all (well certain ones of us) made posts like this enough times that we should be able to read between the lines. This has nothing to do with Israel or Jews per se, except that it's pointing to a parallel pattern of behavior that's evident at least to Scott in this thread.

Frankly, I wish Scott would just say so much, instead of provoking some more and being rather obtuse about it.
  • Reply 296 of 301
    oh look scott doesn't want the money

the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews the jews

There you go. That's about a years-worth of Jews, Scott.

That should do you.

Or we could start a Perpetual The Jews Thread, perhaps?
  • Reply 297 of 301
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    OK, fuck it, the thread's closed again. For good. Sorry we can't have intelligent and thoughtful discussion about important matters like this. I will close any further attempts to address this topic because it's obvious where it will end up.