G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 201 of 335
    Seriously, These computers were announce at the end of June and you can't fill the order until the end of October!!! That is 4 months...
  • Reply 202 of 335
    mattbmattb Posts: 59member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

4th Ship Date - Oct 29th

It just changed to that date this afternoon !!!!

OMG! Oct 29th!!!! I ordered mine late june and I knew being in New Zealand I wouldn't be getting it till the early US orders were filled but at this rate I won't be seeing it till November! This is crazy!
  • Reply 203 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Lol.... this is worst than last year.... at least apple had the Virginia Tech excuse.
  • Reply 204 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by ReaganRitchie

anyone got their 2.5 with 9800 w/ 256mb

JUST SHIPPED

2.5 Ghz G5

512MB Ram

radeon 9800XT

bluetooth

airport

160GB SATA
  • Reply 205 of 335
    Mine just shipped too with an estimated delivery date of the 26th!!! Only 2 months...
  • Reply 206 of 335
    It took them 4 days, but they finally updated my order.

2.0G5+9600xt+AE: 9/7 (Note: not 9/3 like they said in the email)

6800: 10/29 (Not: not 9/17 like they said in the email)

wttttf?

• Reply 207 of 335
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    Yup, I went through the same thing. After you reply to the email they cancel the original order and split into 2 new orders and you lose your spot in the queue. Then a manager reviews the order and they go back into the system and put you back into the queue where you belong, which is the dates you were told in the email. In a few days the status page will be updated to what the email said.
  • Reply 208 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by jj

Yup, I went through the same thing. After you reply to the email they cancel the original order and split into 2 new orders and you lose your spot in the queue. Then a manager reviews the order and they go back into the system and put you back into the queue where you belong, which is the dates you were told in the email. In a few days the status page will be updated to what the email said.

Yea it got updated, phew.
  • Reply 209 of 335
    I just ordered my dual 2.5 on 8/23 and it says 9/28 for a ship date. Do you think it will ship then?

My Specs:

2.5GHz PowerPC G5

1GB MB DDR400

250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive

ATI Rad9800 XT w/256MB DDR

This is my first Apple and I am really excited to tear it up. I had enough of my PC crashing all the time when I was working on big graphical projects.

Do we get free upgrades when the newer versions of OS X come out like Tiger or how does that work. Like I said I am new but so excited to get my G5. Sorry for all of you who have been waiting for months that really sucks.

• Reply 210 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phorbin

I just ordered my dual 2.5 on 8/23 and it says 9/28 for a ship date. Do you think it will ship then?

My Specs:

2.5GHz PowerPC G5

1GB MB DDR400

250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive

ATI Rad9800 XT w/256MB DDR

This is my first Apple and I am really excited to tear it up. I had enough of my PC crashing all the time when I was working on big graphical projects.

Do we get free upgrades when the newer versions of OS X come out like Tiger or how does that work. Like I said I am new but so excited to get my G5. Sorry for all of you who have been waiting for months that really sucks.

There are some circumstances under which you might get a free upgrade to Tiger, but for the most part you probably won't. The ship date looks promising. I ordered mine on July 13th and have a Sept 9th ship date, but I ordered the 6800 which might slide that date even more.

Enjoy your new Mac when it arrives. I know i'll enjoy mine
  • Reply 211 of 335
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Apple is having big problems with these Cpu's. If they werent they wouldnt be liquid cooling a G5 at 2.5. what else can i say. Amd has some great chips....3500+,3800+ and Fx-53. running at 2.2 and 2.4 these things rock and Intel knows it ,so does the gaming community.
  • Reply 212 of 335
    Just out!

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0408briefly.html

August 28, 2004 - The new iMac G5 is to blame for continued delays in dual-1.8GHz Power Mac G5 shipments. Reliable sources inform Think Secret that virtually all 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 processors that Apple is receiving from IBM are going into new iMac G5 systems, leaving customers looking for the most affordable G5 tower with a bit of a wait.

Separately, Power Mac G5 2.5GHz shipments continue to fall far short of demand. New orders are not expected to ship until late September or early October. Additionally, shipment for new orders of the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL video card, required to drive Apple's 30-inch Cinema HD Display, have been pushed back to late October, although the display is still set to ship in mid-September.
  • Reply 213 of 335
    Problems hit MSI Geforce 6800 Ultra

The forum, here, details a number of experiences with the card with garbage being displayed on screens.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17887
  • Reply 214 of 335
    aj500aj500 Posts: 14member
    3rd delay of my 7/1 order. This time pushed to 9/7.

Is this any way to run a business?
  • Reply 215 of 335
    Its not their fault aj.
  • Reply 216 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by AJ500

3rd delay of my 7/1 order. This time pushed to 9/7.

Is this any way to run a business?

no, but there's nothing you can do about it. i feel for you, as i went through a long waiting period and will finally get my g5 tomorrow, but there's jsut no way around the delay. keep in mind that there was a large surge of orders on 6/28 b/c that's when the new displays were released, and you placed your order a few days after that. one more week isn't that bad after all this time. at least you didn't order the nvidia card!
  • Reply 217 of 335
    Weird thing is..

I was in the downtown Chicago Apple Store today (my local one) and they still don't have the Dual 2.5 G5s yet. I asked (grilled?) a number of employees, and while they said they WILL be getting them in soon they said there were none there yet.

Also, no 30" displays there either.

\
  • Reply 218 of 335
    Apple is getting away with not shipping things a little too much.

Am I the only one that is starting to get frustrated? I love apple but they make it so hard sometimes. Can't ship the 30" displays... even if they were ready the 6800 ultra isn't. Can't ship dual 2.5s or dual 1.8s apparently. Even the dual 2.0s are 1-2 week wait. No iMacs (change tonight hopefully). I'll put my money down that the iMacs will have a 3-5 week est. shipping time.

Why do they freaking announce things before they are ready to meet demand!!! I know it has to turn away buyers when they can't get the product in a reasonable amount of time. They lost my order for a dual 2.5 for a dual 2.0. That is money being lost.

When are they going to get a handle on things. This is incredible how long this has been going on!
  • Reply 219 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

Apple is getting away with not shipping things a little too much.

Am I the only one that is starting to get frustrated? I love apple but they make it so hard sometimes. Can't ship the 30" displays... even if they were ready the 6800 ultra isn't. Can't ship dual 2.5s or dual 1.8s apparently. Even the dual 2.0s are 1-2 week wait. No iMacs (change tonight hopefully). I'll put my money down that the iMacs will have a 3-5 week est. shipping time.

Why do they freaking announce things before they are ready to meet demand!!! I know it has to turn away buyers when they can't get the product in a reasonable amount of time. They lost my order for a dual 2.5 for a dual 2.0. That is money being lost.

When are they going to get a handle on things. This is incredible how long this has been going on!

I suppose a lot of this is actually out of Apple's control. If IBM has a problem with chip yield, and NVidia has 6800 issues, then I can see Apple being forced to wait to fulfil their customers' orders until the issues are resolved. I for one am definitely prepared to wait until the 6800 issues are sorted rather than going with an inferior video card (or should I say one that can't run the 30" displays). Hopefully this will get sorted sooner than later, but from the posts on here recently I'm not holding my breath. My 2.5 is still set for shipping on 9/9, but I honestly don't see that happening at this rate.
  • Reply 220 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

I suppose a lot of this is actually out of Apple's control. If IBM has a problem with chip yield, and NVidia has 6800 issues, then I can see Apple being forced to wait to fulfil their customers' orders until the issues are resolved. I for one am definitely prepared to wait until the 6800 issues are sorted rather than going with an inferior video card (or should I say one that can't run the 30" displays). Hopefully this will get sorted sooner than later, but from the posts on here recently I'm not holding my breath. My 2.5 is still set for shipping on 9/9, but I honestly don't see that happening at this rate.

auslander, don't be too shocked if it does ship on 9/9! 1. I have been somewhat convinced that the problem(s) are OS related and not hardware. 2. I really believe Apple has a supply of 6800's enough to cover original early orders. Again it's the software. 3. They are shipping G5 2.5's in mass without the 6800's. 4. I really believe Apple would suspend shipping the 30" displays if they can't send the G5's w/6800's to make them work. In fact my friend, I look at them not changing your 9/9 date as some VERY GOOD NEWS!

If you can tear yourself away from playing with your new toy when it comes to post that you got it that would be WONDERFUL!