Cheney says "F*** You to Senator Leahy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Story Here

Seems like there is some uncertainty about what was said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 104
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    But Leahy handled the 'rage and pessimism' quite well.

The best thing is what sparked it . . . Leahy said Hi.

This VP
  • Reply 2 of 104
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

But Leahy handled the 'rage and pessimism' quite well.

The best thing is what sparked it . . . Leahy said Hi.

This VP

I don't think that's accurate.
  • Reply 3 of 104
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    SDW !@#% you. Oh wait I didn't just say that, according to people from my party. Whoops looks like the street language filters came off!
  • Reply 4 of 104
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    I think that a certain Ms. O'Brien should be consulted as to whether the V.P. would react like that.
  • Reply 5 of 104
    Well, it certainly seems like he did say it. I have to say that I think its exceptionally inappropriate. I almost wonder if something like that would give Bush another excuse to dump him.
  • Reply 6 of 104
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    o god. he talks like 99% of the rest of america when he's pissed. shame on him
  • Reply 7 of 104
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Trying hard to care...trying...trying.... nope still don't care.

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 104
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Nick

Funny, conservatives were in an uproar when Kerry used the f-bomb. Didn't you support the following sentiment at the time:

Oh [expletive deleted]! What the [expletive deleted] should I get for Wesley Clark and John Kerry? Of course, several bars of fine French-milled soap to wash out their dirty mouths.

--Oliver North

...when a man who runs for president deliberately uses the f-word in an interview with a national magazine, it is cause for concern. Nearly all non-liberals and even some liberals would regard such a person as one who has a different understanding of what preserves our civilization.

[...]

If you are a Democrat and it troubles you that...Senator Kerry uses the f-word in a magazine interview, you might want to reconsider your party affiliation. The Democratic Party has earned a reputation as a poor defender of our civilization against external threats. In fact, it has become a poor defender of our civilization.

Period.

--Dennis Prager

People are registering shock at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's profanity in an interview for Rolling Stone magazine. But why should this shock anyone? In recent times, crudeness has virtually become a rite of passage for Democratic presidential candidates (and presidents).

--David Limbaugh

That's beneath John Kerry. I'm very disappointed that he would use that kind of language. I'm hoping that he's apologizing at least to himself, because that's not the John Kerry that I know

--Andrew Card

...another sign of desperation from a dying campaign.

--Michael Medved

Certainly Mr. Kerry set a new low for American presidential contests when he used the F-word in regards to Mr. Bush in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

True Father's Washington Times
  • Reply 9 of 104
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Dick Cheney is... a major league asshole.
  • Reply 10 of 104
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    And Eric Idle of Monty Python is saying F??? you to almost everyone!

http://www.pythonline.com/plugs/idle/

• Reply 11 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

• Reply 12 of 104
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I don't know... a lot of those guys are assholes I suspect, but we don't hear about them stepping out of line like this. Maybe he's an asshole on Monday, Wednesday and Friday... and a Total Douche Bag on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That would explain it if you ask me.

• Reply 13 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Funny, conservatives were in an uproar when Kerry used the f-bomb. Didn't you support the following sentiment at the time:

Oh [expletive deleted]! What the [expletive deleted] should I get for Wesley Clark and John Kerry? Of course, several bars of fine French-milled soap to wash out their dirty mouths.

--Oliver North

...when a man who runs for president deliberately uses the f-word in an interview with a national magazine, it is cause for concern. Nearly all non-liberals and even some liberals would regard such a person as one who has a different understanding of what preserves our civilization.

[...]

If you are a Democrat and it troubles you that...Senator Kerry uses the f-word in a magazine interview, you might want to reconsider your party affiliation. The Democratic Party has earned a reputation as a poor defender of our civilization against external threats. In fact, it has become a poor defender of our civilization.

Period.

--Dennis Prager

People are registering shock at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's profanity in an interview for Rolling Stone magazine. But why should this shock anyone? In recent times, crudeness has virtually become a rite of passage for Democratic presidential candidates (and presidents).

--David Limbaugh

That's beneath John Kerry. I'm very disappointed that he would use that kind of language. I'm hoping that he's apologizing at least to himself, because that's not the John Kerry that I know

--Andrew Card

...another sign of desperation from a dying campaign.

--Michael Medved

Certainly Mr. Kerry set a new low for American presidential contests when he used the F-word in regards to Mr. Bush in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

True Father's Washington Times

Those quotes sound nothing like an uproar to me. Oliver North appears to be making a joke about it even. Dennis Prager says simply, if you don't like it, then leave the party. David Limbaugh registers sarcasm, not outrage, etc, etc.

Try harder... I'm trying too, to care about this... still trying... still trying...nope.

Also some secondary issues to consider, first Kerry is running for president and said the words on the record. Cheney is the vice-president and said the words in the chamber while no official business was occuring. Cheney was not on the record, being interviewed or anything other such business. He spoke it toward someone he was ticked off at, just as you might to me.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 104
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Nick

You cared enough when Kerry cursed that you started a thread about it.
  • Reply 15 of 104
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Zing.
  • Reply 16 of 104
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Score.

Cheney "spoke it towards someone he was ticked off at." And by his own admission, Kerry spoke it of someone he was similarly ticked off at-- "frustrated with" to be exact. Amazing how quickly opinions change.
  • Reply 17 of 104
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    But his post certainly didn't make a big deal out of the fact that he said "fuck."

He just implied it was inappropriate for the forum it was used in. Not that I agree, but it doesn't seem like he made a big deal of that f-bomb either.
  • Reply 18 of 104
    Quote:

Yes, so lets look at what I said in that thread.

Quote:

I don't doubt for a second that all the other candidates can curse and have as well. It just seems odd for a presidential contender to let this roll on out in a magazine. I guess it goes with riding the motorcycle.

Quote:

I know it was Rolling Stone. That's why he was on the cover tongue kissing Eddie Vedder.

Quote:

Who said it was some sort of major issue for me? No one said everything I post to AI/AO has to make or break the planet. It was just interesting so I stuck it up here.

Wow, don't I sound so... OUTRAGED?!?

Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Zing.

Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Score.

Cheney "spoke it towards someone he was ticked off at." And by his own admission, Kerry spoke it of someone he was similarly ticked off at-- "frustrated with" to be exact. Amazing how quickly opinions change.

And ol'young Shawnie boy, you are welcome to show how my opinion changed at all. I am quite consistant.

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 104
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Oh come on. Everybody swear. There is nothing to come for.
  • Reply 20 of 104
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    All i can say is the American tax payer has been milked by both Bush and Cheney, swearing has little to do with how these guys have spent our money. the money blown in Iraq could have done much for Americans, healthcare ,space program, research......instead we get the bill to remove saddam and bin laden is roaming. I would be swearing to if i was Cheney