Library 3.0

Comments

• Reply 121 of 169
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    You know what I just thought of.....

With Library, when exporting to an iPod Photo, will it show the covert artwork for the book, DVD, CD, etc? I am sure not in this version but I wonder how difficult that would be to code into the program.....
  • Reply 122 of 169
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I just saw this image on Mike's blog, and I would love to see the ability to create a nice hi-res shot of a dvd box like this. Also, what comes to mind now is different materials for the shelves.... if they wanted to.

• Reply 123 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

You know what I just thought of.....

With Library, when exporting to an iPod Photo, will it show the covert artwork for the book, DVD, CD, etc? I am sure not in this version but I wonder how difficult that would be to code into the program.....

it may be too early to know what kind of openings there are in the iPod for developers to put in their own programs. I would not want to be scrolling through my photos a suddenly hit thirty DVD covers. Hopefully, you will be able to create a folder of photos that are separate from your photo library. Or developers can write little programs that can be put onto the iPod.
  • Reply 124 of 169
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

I would not want to be scrolling through my photos a suddenly hit thirty DVD covers. Hopefully, you will be able to create a folder of photos that are separate from your photo library.

iPod Photo allows you to browse through specific iPhoto photo albums, not just the whole Library, just as you can browse specific iTunes playlists. So, in theory, you could have a "Delicious" album in iPhoto with your DVD covers.
  • Reply 125 of 169
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

My credit card is trembling with fear.

I was wrong with the date. Looks like it is 8-NOV-2004. Sorry about any confusion.
  • Reply 126 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

iPod Photo allows you to browse through specific iPhoto photo albums, not just the whole Library, just as you can browse specific iTunes playlists. So, in theory, you could have a "Delicious" album in iPhoto with your DVD covers.

yeah, but it would be more ideal that it was in "Photos" because they are not photos but just "Delicious Monster Covers."
  • Reply 127 of 169
    Cool piece of software and congrats for the award at the O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference.

I wonder if I can use Delicious Library for software CD cases as Music CDs and storing serial numbers and Licenses files?
  • Reply 128 of 169
    Release date seems to be sneakily slipping. It's been 'Coming in 9 days' for 2 days now.
  • Reply 129 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Release date seems to be sneakily slipping. It's been 'Coming in 9 days' for 2 days now.

maybe it was the weekend....?
  • Reply 130 of 169
    I guess there will nt be anymore major excitment about this application until it launches in four days! I will be in Reno when it comes out but I will be hoping I will have made some money to purchase this and the barcode scanner!
  • Reply 131 of 169
    I bet they would make 5 bucks more on a plug-in that allows for showing bottles of wine on shelves... eh? Some people do collect wine! Or magazines! Show magazine covers from a certain monfth.
  • Reply 132 of 169
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    View this Image of Mike Matas scanning his bar code....

Mike in black and white

and now view this image....

hmmm... makes one think, and realise how much time I have on my hands.
  • Reply 133 of 169
    The big question is...when is it going to be released tomorrow.

Is it going to be released at midnight "their time"...1 day is 24 hours, and it's almost been 24 hours, so logically, the app *should* be released at midnight. (This scenario is highly improbable... )

Or is it going to be released late tomorrow late night?

The pessimistic side of me thinks it'll be released late tomorrow night. The optimistic side hopes that I can download this thing and register it tomorrow morning.
  • Reply 134 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

The big question is...when is it going to be released tomorrow.

Is it going to be released at midnight "their time"...1 day is 24 hours, and it's almost been 24 hours, so logically, the app *should* be released at midnight. (This scenario is highly improbable... )

Or is it going to be released late tomorrow late night?

The pessimistic side of me thinks it'll be released late tomorrow night. The optimistic side hopes that I can download this thing and register it tomorrow morning.

I mean, they should do it at 12 AM EST, although they live on PST, and I want it ASAP. I have a feeling tomorrow at 9 AM EST.... although that is just a feeling, and I need "More than a Feeling"-Boston.
  • Reply 135 of 169
    Well it's out. But I can't get anything to scan in.

edit: my bad...most books and DVDs scan in except for the weird DVDs that insist on putting "(Version Française)" on the DVD. That's the drawback of living in Canada (at least in Quebec)...the ISBN must not be in the US Amazon databases.
  • Reply 136 of 169
    And Australian.
  • Reply 137 of 169
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    another vote for UK. none of my ISBN's are being recognised
  • Reply 138 of 169
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

another vote for UK. none of my ISBN's are being recognised

It's getting UK books and prices just fine for me... but it isn't for a friend. We've tried trashing prefs and everything - so dunno how it decides which site to use!

Amorya
  • Reply 139 of 169
    It is getting info for Aussie stuff from the US site, but no ocver images obviously, and only VHS...

ie, it is giving me on image and only VHS info for the Aussie flick starring Heath Ledger, Two Hands (piss funny film for those who haven't seen it)
  • Reply 140 of 169
    Well, I am ready to buy but I want to be able to buy the barcorde scanner in a few days as I do not have all the funds in my account right now. Could be a few days mean while I cannot import anymore books till then