What could this be?

Comments

• Reply 481 of 525
    macratmacrat Posts: 35member
    Nice one, had me at least half-way fooled. I thought I saw a couple smiley faces in the second photo, but the part of me that wanted to 'believe' dismissed it as compression artifacts.

BTW, what happened to that .mac account that hosted the first photos? Was it going to be expired and you timed it perfectly, or does it not exist at all?
  • Reply 482 of 525
    It's been 7 years and counting, have some of ya's notice a trend of pre-launch fakes yet?

I REALLY hope people finally catch on to the pattern of fakes with EVERY major product launch. Legit photo leaks have been incredibly, incredibly rare. Stop wanting to believe everything you see, and just wait for the darn announcements.
  • Reply 483 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by philbot

Well...

I spoke to my friend and he is amazed at all the excitement his pics have started.

He says that there was trailers full of stuff, but the few he had to take to a conference suite were already open, like the one in the pic.

I asked him about the box and he said it was all black apart from the logo on the side, but there was a load of tape and stickers on the top and sides.

He sent another pic, but it's the same as the others.

Yes, they've been in photoshop, to resize them down.

new pic

sorry, but here's the proof that u lie.

http://homepage.mac.com/brianbobcat1/PhotoAlbum9.html

hopefully apple won't take me down as I've had .Mac for about 2 months. I was hoping this was it, but I guess apple has YET to suprise us.

-Brian
  • Reply 484 of 525
    Quote:

I'm constantly amazed at the "Oh gee, that was a good one" attitude of AI members when hoaxes like this are perpetrated by one of our own. philbot is a jerk for even considering such a selfish and juvenile endeavor.

Sh*t like this gives the Mac rumor community and AI in particular a bad name and everyone applauds it? I don't get it. We're supposed to be here to help each other sift through the signal to noise ratio, not add to it.

What noise? What is there to sift through?

The Mac rumor sites have been proven to be a joke. There are no rumors! lol

I am amazed how well Apple keeps a secret. They are too good. It takes the fun out of the whole thing.

Why even bother coming to these sites if there is no hope of info getting out?
  • Reply 485 of 525
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Personally, I found it pretty funny, especially watching reactions from page to page of the thread.

Some of you need to get your panties out of the current bunch they're in
  • Reply 486 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Foo Fighter

What does it really matter anyway? The iMac introduction is less than three days away now. At worst, Phil's hoax was a distraction. And the way some of your lives seem to revolve around the G5 iMac, I think some levity is badly needed. You people take this stuff WAY too seriously. It's just a freakin computer.

truer words were never spoken.
  • Reply 487 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

The folder-icon of this thread actually turned green. What's up with that?

Umm, did you by any chance post in this thread?

• Reply 488 of 525
    gmacgmac Posts: 79member
    I don't believe it's a fake. i mean he could've just added those words after the fact.

2 more days, let's keep it going!
  • Reply 489 of 525
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 490 of 525
    this thread must have set some AI record? At least it said the record that now there is nothing else left to say, many others have said it better and many times over.
  • Reply 491 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by nowayout11

It's been 7 years and counting, have some of ya's notice a trend of pre-launch fakes yet?

I REALLY hope people finally catch on to the pattern of fakes with EVERY major product launch. Legit photo leaks have been incredibly, incredibly rare. Stop wanting to believe everything you see, and just wait for the darn announcements.

but that's no fun.
  • Reply 492 of 525
    This was a very fun thread. For the ones who are pissed about Philbot's little joke, just remember that reading and following rumor threads is a lot like buying lottery tickets.

You have slim chances of hitting the jackpot, yet it's fun and it provides you hope.

This was great. hehe.
  • Reply 493 of 525
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

this thread must have set some AI record?

do a search for "iWalk" and "apple hypes" around Jan 2002, Dec 2001.

Check the dates of the posts in the iWalk thread to see some crazy debunking... Something close to under 2 hours of the "leak" it was proven a hoax!!

Somewhere in there you will find my first post :sniff: .
  • Reply 494 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

Do you have to be a prick every time you post?

I pride myself on my ability to.
  • Reply 495 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Please, no personal attacks.

Thanks

Thank-you

• Reply 496 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by cinder

Here's the ultimate undying proof: Apple Legal has not asked them to remove the images.

This proves it is not real. Period.

I agree with you

-Alex
  • Reply 497 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

ah ha!

Apple wouldn't leave them outside the curtain. They're toosecurity concius
  • Reply 498 of 525
    http://homepage.mac.com/brianbobcat1/PhotoAlbum9.html

The lastiest pic you found, maybe the hoaxter is trying

to say something.

Open this pic up in photoshop and click

only on the blue channel only, zoom in to the trim on the wall

blured out so you can't see it. It says something like "fake"
  • Reply 499 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

This board is just degenerating into the MacNN I left three years ago. Doesn't anyone left have standards of conduct anymore? Rumor discussions here aren't for shits and giggles (or at least didn't used to be), the personal playpen of a few attention starved dimwits. Intentional hoaxes followed by weak assed gotcha posts deserve a banning (unless posted on April 1st). Or maybe some want this place to be Spymac 2. Oh wait, maybe Kasper likes the hits Philbot generated, despite being played for an imbecile and gloating over making the grade at that bastion of ineptitude zdnet.

Wow, and I thought my anti-philbot post was harsh.

Hear, hear!

So the mods will ban you for trolling or personal attacks but simultaneously allow philbot's egregious actions? And people wonder why AI is a laughing stock?
  • Reply 500 of 525
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    Come on, admit it...

most of you are sad it's over!

The reason I did it was simple:

I was fed up with checking out AI and finding nothing new.

So if you want to blame anyone blame Steve Jobs.

Most other companies tell you what they are going to release, but not Apple, everything is top secret. Why?

While it may be a nice surprise when it arrives, the waiting is killing me!

PS. fake photos are great fun - the lengths some people got to, to prove/ disprove them amazes me. This thread has some very very funny posts! How many people laughed at the 'Photoshop experts' verdicts, or the people who said they'd been to that airport and remembered that flooring!