Live keynote coverage?

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 150
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    I guess it beats the Vaio...
  • Reply 142 of 150
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    The new iMac is defiantly cool looking and the form factor is a major plus (Me Want). I wish they would of done something else with the video card though, that?s the only factor as to why I?m not buying. I like games a lot; at work I can give two shitts what video card is in my machine, even if it had that intergraded Intel thingy. This is a home machine; it needs to have the latest multimedia, video and entertainment technology period, especially for a price of $2,253.00 (wireless, Bluetooth, 1gigmb upgrade, which are a must).

It?s a shame to because I really like the look, Apple stop crippling your consumer technology!

Here?s to hoping the next update has a better video card WITH FUCKING SPANNING and not just miring.
  • Reply 143 of 150
    Yeah, I don't mean to sound tooooo negative. I'm sure I will still buy it. I'm still up in the air between it or spending the bills on a Powermac. Definitely better looking than a VAIO
  • Reply 144 of 150
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 121member
    Ha! That's what they should have done. In the centre of the bottom bezel they should have put an iPod clickwheel that lets you adjust things like volume, brightness, etc.

Then it would complement the iPod even more.
  • Reply 145 of 150
    The UK prices are all cheaper than I thought they would be. The 20" looks really good value even adding extra RAM and the combo wireless option.
  • Reply 146 of 150
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Glad I bought my dual 2 g5 last week.

But I still like the new iMac.

iDunno
  • Reply 147 of 150
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Does the "iDunno" come in a headless configuration?
  • Reply 148 of 150
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Does the "iDunno" come in a headless configuration?

why would anyone buy a 20-inch display for $1300 when they can get the whole shebang for $500 more? If anyone at all ever was considering buying the displays at their exhorbitant prices, this imac will sell like crazy!
  • Reply 149 of 150
    Quote:

If that pic is indeed correct then Apple has finally designed an ugly computer.

I think we crossed that threshhold when the "mirrored drive door" G4 was released.
  • Reply 150 of 150
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Heidi123

why would anyone buy a 20-inch display for $1300 when they can get the whole shebang for $500 more? If anyone at all ever was considering buying the displays at their exhorbitant prices, this imac will sell like crazy!

I'm buying a no name, or a second hand Mac CRT yo go with my new dual 2 g5

iDunno