Originally posted by Eugene

$18M/year over 5+ years

I'm guessing 15M per year for 8 years
  • Reply 62 of 66
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I'm guessing 15M per year for 8 years

That's way too low for a 27 year old 5-tool player who is already making close to $10M for his 2004 services. The postseason numbers of his may push him into the $19M/year range. Don't forget Boras is his agent, so there's no way he's going to get low-balled.

At this point $15M is what many teams will put on the table, but one of the big spenders *will* pay $18M.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

So how much money do you think the Yanks will throw at Beltran?

I think the Yanks are going to look for some pitching additions before considering Beltran.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I see no reason to think they won't look at both at the same time. Pedro in Yankee pinstripes would certainly make for interesting contention...

They have three holes to plug: 2B, CF and SP.

I don't see very many 2B options out there, so CF is definitely going to be filled by a marquis name by the time April 2005 rolls around.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I see no reason to think they won't look at both at the same time. Pedro in Yankee pinstripes would certainly make for interesting contention...

They have three holes to plug: 2B, CF and SP.

I don't see very many 2B options out there, so CF is definitely going to be filled by a marquis name by the time April 2005 rolls around.

Pedro won't be a yankee. The team dislikes him too much as well as the fans. As much as the yankees are a "well when they are on our side they are fine" kinda franchise, Pedro just has too much bad blood I'd say.

Plus, he's old and could very well break down. I think/hope the Yankees have learned their lesson and are gonna look for some young talent. Our farm system sucks. And I do think they will pass up or miss out on Beltran.