OH GOD!!!!! [iWalk]

Comments

• Reply 140 of 587
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Tomato

You could write cursive with the Newton. My 2100 works great that way.
  • Reply 140 of 587
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    We should work for the CIA

BTW the yoyo logo is much larger. The apple is of the size of that plastic knob in the film.
  • Reply 140 of 587
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    Someone said that the wheel gets in the way. True.

Someone said that it looks like a Newton with a cover, look at the shadow on top - would Apple put such a big gap between the case and the screen?

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: David R ]</p>
  • Reply 144 of 587
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Well, if it is real, my MP2000 that I have been holding onto just became worthless. Up till now they have fetched ok prices on eBay, but if the iWalk is real, I should prolly post my MP now.
  • Reply 145 of 587
    Yoyo on the middle in the movie.

Funny game boy type controls on one side in the picture with the lid.
  • Reply 145 of 587
    Hrm. I think it is possible Apple made this fake to throw off the rumor sites. The video is very high quality and it looks like all of Apple's other semi-doctored product commercials. Also, that dude's handwriting is WAY to neat.
  • Reply 147 of 587
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    THE WHEEL has to be fake!
  • Reply 147 of 587
    sithsith Posts: 25member
    Arrow over to the last frame of the video before it goes to the black spymac logo. Look at the "shadow" between the "iwalk" and whatever the blotch on the right is... any idea what the deal is?

Also, in the lower left of the device, where the white and "tan" meet, there is sort of a blurred spot... i dunno, i'll withhold judgement
  • Reply 147 of 587
    I am guessing this is fake, but, I would definately love to see a revolutionary PDA... Yumm....
  • Reply 147 of 587
    tcotco Posts: 87member
    Have you guys been able to figure out what all of those icons say at the bottom of the screen? The only one I can discern is calc, and I may be wrong about that.

Edit: Cards or Cardfile too.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: TCO ]</p>
  • Reply 151 of 587
    Not sure why you asked, but the Apple logos on ALL message Pads were rainbow colored.
  • Reply 152 of 587
    it's totally fake. Don't watch it frame-by-frame, but watch it at full speed. Don't you see the words floating slightly differently than their physical surroundings?
  • Reply 152 of 587
    <a href="http://www.interfacestudio.net/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.interfacestudio.net/index.html</a>;

there is a mior of the page! We are working on filling in all the links. but some work so far to the movies and pics.

Wail you are there fell free to check out my new icon page <a href="http://www.interfacestudio.net/iCons"; target="_blank">http://www.interfacestudio.net/iCons</a>;

Have fun!
  • Reply 152 of 587
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,563member
    Even if it is a fake I do have to thank the authors for giving us something to burn bandwidth over.
  • Reply 152 of 587
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    4 days to MWSF

No it isn´t the iWalk. Fooled you.

Expensive fooling but I wouldn´t mind
  • Reply 156 of 587
    what is cool is that the screen is white. 2100's were slight green cast. This is more like a pocket pc.
  • Reply 157 of 587
    It MAYBE an old prototype.
  • Reply 157 of 587
    [quote]Originally posted by neutrino23:

<strong>Even if it is a fake I do have to thank the authors for giving us something to burn bandwidth over. </strong><hr></blockquote>

amen to that. This is a blast. I should be sleeping.

Well, maybe next week...
  • Reply 159 of 587
    Anders

You are fast! LOL!
  • Reply 160 of 587
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    [quote]Originally posted by LuckyJno:

<strong>it's totally fake. Don't watch it frame-by-frame, but watch it at full speed. Don't you see the words floating slightly differently than their physical surroundings?</strong><hr></blockquote>

We have a winner! I do believe Lucky has our smoking gun, there is quite abit of wiggle going on there. though one could argue that this might have to do with screen refresh or some other nonsense, I think this is it... The object is real, but the screen was added later.

double the size of the playback window, and the wiggle is unmistakable.

Good fake though!

kudos, dipshits

ciao,

michael

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: scadboy ]

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: scadboy ]</p>