Post Your Computer Setup 2005!

Comments

• Reply 101 of 135
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

Show us

I am moving to a new place during the Christmas holiday. I will do everything at once and post the pics on the "Computer Setup 2006" thread
  • Reply 102 of 135
    Chris, you suck!
  • Reply 103 of 135

iMac 20" , 2 GHz model.

800 MHz TiBook. I love this thing, and I got it for soooo cheap.
  • Reply 104 of 135
    My personal Studio:

that's the 30" ACD in case you couldn't tell next to the iBook. Too much to list and if you want to know what's in the black case in the background it's this:

List:

Dual 2.0Ghz G5 with 4.5GB RAM/250GB/160GB/X800XT/Dual Giabit/FibreChannel

30" ACD

Mac Mini 1.25Ghz/1GB RAM

20" ACD

iBook G3 384MB RAM

XServe G5 DP 2.3Ghz 2 80GB HD/FibreChannel

XServe RAID 3.5TB/FibreChannel

Cisco T-1 Router

APC UPS

Emulex Fibre Channel 12port Switch

2 Gigabit Switches

Old G3 300mhz PM

19" Samsung Display

Wacom Intuos 2 6x8 Tablet

I think that's it?

I use it all on an everyday 12+ hour day basis....

More pictures can be found here
  • Reply 105 of 135
    Here's a recent photo of my setup:

Powerbook 15" 1.67Ghz with self-upgraded 120GB Seagate hard drive, 2GB Ram

M-Audio Keystation 49e

Apple Wireless Keyboard

Kensington Bluetooth Mouse

HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Apple iPod 20GB (4G) (with Firewire 800 to dock)

Nextel Blackberry 7100i

LACIE Porsche 200GB Firewire HD

LACIE D2 160GB Firewire HD

inMotion M3 iPod Speakers

underneath you can't really see it, but there is an HP 2355xi

Photo taken with my Nikon D70

• Reply 106 of 135
    I hate you all...Especially O4BlackWRX. He's got the killer setup and an STI, all the wordly possessions I want...
  • Reply 107 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by Applehaus

I hate you all...Especially O4BlackWRX. He's got the killer setup and an STI, all the wordly possessions I want...

I didn't hear anything about the STI. . .

I will post pictures of my white WRX and iMac G5 after I finish moving to my new place. Not quite the same level of stuff, but good enough for what I do.
  • Reply 108 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I didn't hear anything about the STI. . .

I will post pictures of my white WRX and iMac G5 after I finish moving to my new place. Not quite the same level of stuff, but good enough for what I do.

Go to my post and you'll see the 2006 Steel Gray STI that I got 4 weeks ago. I just wish I could change my username here, oh well \
  • Reply 109 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

Go to my post and you'll see the 2006 Steel Gray STI that I got 4 weeks ago. I just wish I could change my username here, oh well \

Sweet. There was just no way I could justify the STI, especially since the reason I sold my old (modified) 3rd gen RX-7 was because I needed something "practical." Not a lot of Subarus in Florida, but truth is they are pure gold during the summer monsoons.

Just curious: what do you do with all the mac equipment? I assume you must have your own design contracting business or something -- otherwise the XRAID seems a little superfluous. It's one hell of home office, nonetheless!
  • Reply 110 of 135
    List: Home

Single 1.8 Ghz G5 with 512MB RAM/160GB/FX 5200/

"17" Studio Display

Harman Kardon SoundSticks

iMac G3 512MB RAM

3g Ipod 15gb

List: Work

Dual 1.8GHz G5 with 1.25GB RAM/80GB/FX 5200/

"20" Cinema Display
  • Reply 111 of 135
    Always been curious about how many of you guys just take the quick shot and how many carefully set it all up for the photo.

The most cerebral-looking books strategically on display, just the right level of disorder to convey a very busy life and to disguise how carefully the scene has been prepared (or perhaps a perfectly ordered and neat desk) with that degree you picked up a few years ago lying around ? wait, is that a MD or a MBA? those other very cool gadgets ever so causally sitting on the desk, but somehow . . . somehow it?s not quite convincing . . .
  • Reply 112 of 135
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by houseley

Always been curious about how many of you guys just take the quick shot and how many carefully set it all up for the photo.

The most cerebral-looking books strategically on display, just the right level of disorder to convey a very busy life and to disguise how carefully the scene has been prepared (or perhaps a perfectly ordered and neat desk) with that degree you picked up a few years ago lying around ? wait, is that a MD or a MBA? those other very cool gadgets ever so causally sitting on the desk, but somehow . . . somehow it?s not quite convincing . . .

mine is just a quick shot... i can make another every minute... and i think many photos are looking a lot like all the motives are in everyday-use... just my thoughts.
  • Reply 113 of 135
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Always want the 30" ACD.....but too much $$$
  • Reply 114 of 135
    Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz

Memoryt16 GB

Drive: 2 x 400 Gb

Apple 30"

Hardon-K Soundsticks

17" Powerbook
  • Reply 115 of 135

My 20 inch iMac G5 with wireless keyboard and mouse. The huge mess normally moves around and changes size.

The pic was taken with my Canon Powershot A610. I would highly recommend that camera.
  • Reply 116 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by john.outwater

My 20 inch iMac G5 with wireless keyboard and mouse. The huge mess normally moves around and changes size.

The pic was taken with my Canon Powershot A610. I would highly recommend that camera.

...nice desktop
  • Reply 117 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...nice desktop

Why thank you. I love all of your blue ice (at least that's what it looks like to me) desktops. I just changed it again to another blue ice one I found on your site.
  • Reply 118 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by john.outwater

Why thank you. I love all of your blue ice (at least that's what it looks like to me) desktops. I just changed it again to another blue ice one I found on your site.

Actually, it's more like regular ice+water backlighted with a 2800K light and inverted with Photoshop.
  • Reply 119 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

Actually, it's more like regular ice+water backlighted with a 2800K light and inverted with Photoshop.

That was my second guess
  • Reply 120 of 135
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I love these threads, so bump bump...