What would you like in a NEW iPod Photo?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

hi aph, you're a bit ahead of the curve, looks like it...

apple seems to put profit ahead of features

i guess as a publicly traded company, that's what ya do...

....take care!!

Well I was defining my needs, and I'm willing to wait for some of the features I mentioned, Being an off camera image repository for my D100 is paramount for my needs.

I do think I'll probably get two Shuttles, though (one for the wife). Obviously just for music.

And I'm all for AAPL to put profits ahead of my personal needs. I bought Apple stock before I bought my first Apple (Cube).
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Yea, well I want a legion of winged monkeys to do my bidding .....

as Mr.Burns once said, "Fly! My pretties....!!"
  • Reply 23 of 47
    Camera phones? What uses are there? I have a "nameless" beta phone that's going to retail for $500ish dollars and it has a "great" cameraphone in it. But for what? How many headshots do I need? None of them are good simply because they don't very good lense or eye, and even the ones that do? Like what the hell do I want the camera in my phone for? How often do you use this thing? It strikes me as a feature 12 year old want to take stupid pictures and post them all over.

Useless to most of of even if I did enjoy "*cking" with it for 10 minutes when i first got it.

Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

Do camera phones waste a lot of battery life?

The new iPod photo better have some sort of deal where you can put your picture into the library and not just on the drive using that slow-ass belkin contraption.

Also, if h264 is scalable to cell phones, it probably doesn't take that much processing power.

I don't really care what Apple does with it, until they lower the photo into my price range, and considering I already have a 40 gig, it better be really low.

• Reply 24 of 47
    Quote:

(1.) Better battery, like a real 10-hour battery maybe

(2.) Less scratch prone case, something that doesn?t scratch when you breathe on it

(3.) Better sound output

(4.) Built in voice recorder

(5.) Have the ability to sync with any iTunes without destroying data on either one.

(6.) Have the ability to see my music in the mounted iPod drive instead of just iTunes

(7.) Firewire back at no extra cost.
  • Reply 25 of 47
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    be as thin as the other ipods!!!!!! i hate how thick it is...... even tho i will prolly end up buying one.
  • Reply 26 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

be as thin as the other ipods!!!!!! i hate how thick it is...... even tho i will prolly end up buying one.

i want them thinner too, but actuall yi believe the 30GB ipod is as thin as the 3rd gen 10GB ipods. which is pretty good.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I want a screen that covers the front and the click wheel on the back.
  • Reply 28 of 47
    1. Better battery life. 10 hours is SO 2004...

2. Airport so that I can update wirelessly, and play directly to my Airport Express.

3. PROFIT!!!!
  • Reply 29 of 47
    Maybe Apple could make a better product to "upload" pictures onto the iPod when you don't have a computer around. When my friend was shooting pictures with his dSLR and tried to transfer the pictures from his memory card to the iPod it took forever. I was kind of disappointed in that.

Also a better backlight control.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by alkanenine

Maybe Apple could make a better product to "upload" pictures onto the iPod when you don't have a computer around. When my friend was shooting pictures with his dSLR and tried to transfer the pictures from his memory card to the iPod it took forever. I was kind of disappointed in that.

Well, they are promising something better in March, but who knows if it will be any faster. Perhaps the best solution is to have two cards. Let one upload, while you shoot on the other.
  • Reply 31 of 47
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    A 6" x 8" screen.

Pen input.

Inkwell.

My needs are simple, if unrealistic.

Aries 1B
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

Well, they are promising something better in March, but who knows if it will be any faster. Perhaps the best solution is to have two cards. Let one upload, while you shoot on the other.

That is true.

The thing is he was at a Rally and was just shooting pics. He filled up his cards up really quick. The belkin media port thingy is really slow. The thing he was doing was while he was shooting, he was trying to upload his pictures and it was so slow. He filled up the card faster then it uploaded
  • Reply 33 of 47
    How about an ipod video.......now that they have an ipod with a 60gig hd in it make it capable of plugging it into a video camera such as mine, a Canon GL-2 via firewire and being able to record video right to it and then upload into Final Cut Pro? http://forums.appleinsider.com/newre...hreadid=51518#

Wouldn't that be cool.....any thoughts from the rest of you on this?
  • Reply 34 of 47
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

I want a screen that covers the front and the click wheel on the back.

that would be impossible to use though - how can you use buttons on the back and look at a screen on the front? Also it would kind of eliminate the whole one hand concept.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

that would be impossible to use though - how can you use buttons on the back and look at a screen on the front? Also it would kind of eliminate the whole one hand concept.

I can operate it without looking at the wheel and buttons. Thought everyone could. In fact I thought that was the brilliance of the click wheel. I'm pretty sure I could still hold it in one hand and control it with one finger.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

i would like a firmware update for the OLD iPod (4G) so i could use the new "iPod Camera Connector" to import photo's from my camera. i don't care about photo playback on a 2" screen.

Photo Storage For More Than Just iPod Photo? (Gizmodo.com)
  • Reply 37 of 47
    Quote:

I can operate it without looking at the wheel and buttons. Thought everyone could. In fact I thought that was the brilliance of the click wheel. I'm pretty sure I could still hold it in one hand and control it with one finger.

yeah true, but sometimes you need to glance to check your in the right position etc. Look try holding your iPod in one hand and clicking a button on the back. It's no where near as easy as using the click wheel with a thumb. Also people new to the iPod would find it very cumbersome. Buttons on the side would be more appropriate. I think the current iPod is perfect design speaking.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

yeah true, but sometimes you need to glance to check your in the right position etc. Look try holding your iPod in one hand and clicking a button on the back. It's no where near as easy as using the click wheel with a thumb. Also people new to the iPod would find it very cumbersome. Buttons on the side would be more appropriate. I think the current iPod is perfect design speaking.

Except the screen is too small for photos.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    Quote:

Except the screen is too small for photos.

the size doesn't bother me
  • Reply 40 of 47
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Yea, well I want a legion of winged monkeys to do my bidding but I?m realistic enough to know that I would never be able to take care of them emotionally, so I forgot it. I think you should do the same, forget about it isn?t going happen.

Yeah, shame on you. Don't hope for anything. Dont wish for anything. Don't ask for anything. The iPods are perfect for everyone's needs just as there are and always will be. Pray they never upgrade the iPods again. And you shouldn't be discussing future hardware in the future hardware section of a discussion board. You offered you're opinion and that is not allowed. You've broken the rules. Shame.