What would you like in a NEW iPod Photo?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I think the Ipod Photo is very close to be great, now with the addition of the photo transfer cable they are almost there.

Three things IMHO that would make them perfect:

Voice recorder built-in

Some external device to input data( to use like a PDA)

80 to 100 gig hard drive.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    It would be nice if they included a USB port built into the unit like the iRiver photo models do - it is the smaller USB port which is found on cameras - this would save the need for the camera connector. Aside from that, my comments about the next iPod update obviously still apply to the photo - it should be silver like the iPod mini, and hopefully get gradually thinner as new drives emerge.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    The iPod Photo should include some kind of integrated video out feature (for use with external monitors, TVs and projectors), with built in slideshow software (that includes simple titles to put on the pictures). If they did this, they would not be able to keep the thing on their shelves. As it is now, the iPod Photo is and underdeveloped idea. Right now, you have to perform too many steps to use it to create a slideshow or presentation. The iPod photo is a chicken with its head cut off. The next revision really NEEDS to include both of the above features. If it does, look for it to disappear quickly(much of these would do extremely well in the corporate sector too).
  • Reply 44 of 47
    The camera connector should be integrated too. Not an add-on.

Apple can do this cheaply, protecting profti margins. And thogh the margin will dip ever so slightly, it is OK to do this will a premium product. The photo version will never sell as much as the bare bones audio player.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 9secondko

The iPod Photo should include some kind of integrated video out feature (for use with external monitors, TVs and projectors), with built in slideshow software (that includes simple titles to put on the pictures). If they did this, they would not be able to keep the thing on their shelves. As it is now, the iPod Photo is and underdeveloped idea. Right now, you have to perform too many steps to use it to create a slideshow or presentation. The iPod photo is a chicken with its head cut off. The next revision really NEEDS to include both of the above features. If it does, look for it to disappear quickly(much of these would do extremely well in the corporate sector too).

it is built in, the audio port is also video
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Ah, yes (trying to pretend that I knew that already). but it requires cables and the order to be determined on the Mac. How about more of a remote kind of way. (ie: bluetooth, airport) with a receiver that can plug into the TV or projector. The slide show generator with simple text titles would be the clincher. Along witht the integrated camera connector and I hear there is a way to have it record audio by speaking into the left earphone (or somehting).
  • Reply 47 of 47
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 9secondko

Ah, yes (trying to pretend that I knew that already). but it requires cables and the order to be determined on the Mac. How about more of a remote kind of way. (ie: bluetooth, airport) with a receiver that can plug into the TV or projector. The slide show generator with simple text titles would be the clincher. Along witht the integrated camera connector and I hear there is a way to have it record audio by speaking into the left earphone (or somehting).

how else would you connect without a cable? Unless the iPod was used like a shuffle - but then you wouldn't be able to sit back and enjoy your slides!

When I bought my iPod photo it came with an A/V cable and a dock so there was no extra cost. I want a separate wire, not anything sticking out etc.