FCP HD 5, Motion2, Shake 4, DVD SP 4 and more

support for SONY

May :

iMac G6,

eMac G6

- This can come early

WWDC :

X station for Big project , like CAD, CAE,

i****v2 as Notepad size( Now it can be a good time!)

HD Video Digtal life Plan

with H.264,MPEG-2 TS support by QT7

QuickTime TV with SONY PSP support

Sep~ Oct :

iProject

iBox as similar to mac Mini but larger

Nov : before thanks giving

iPod with Video

----------------------------------------------------

Can this come true this time ?

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 63
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    All signs point to the fact that the day of reckoning is upon us. Soon you shall have a chance at righteous retribution upon all the nay-sayers. Spit upon them and mock them. Then again it might just be next year.

A wise scholar (me) of your scriptures once said, "The revolution is always a year away. No, make that two years away".

Godspeed, Kormac!
  • Reply 2 of 63
    wwworkwwwork Posts: 140member
    maybe not this time but eventually for sure

but by then you will be clammoring for something else

it's the grand circle of life
  • Reply 3 of 63
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

FCP HD 5, Motion2, Shake 4, DVD SP 4 and more

Hell everyone knows that it's the "and more" that we're clamoring for.

So is Apple going to call the Dual-Core G5s "G6"??

My Wishlist

FCP 5.0

Motion 2.0

Shake 4.0

DVD SP 4.0

ProBand 1.0 (64bit DAW with excellent FCP integration)

Apple 3D app using Motions "no keframe UI"

Apple iJukebox- STB with DVR, and iTMS/iLife support
  • Reply 4 of 63
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    Isn't it great that Kormac brings life to the party?

Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

[/B]

I'd be a bit surprised -- I'd expect them to at least update the core a little. The G4 went through all sorts of contortions and was still called the G4. Nonetheless, figuring out how to distinguish the dual cored versions is a bit of a marketing challenge so perhaps he's right.

Perhaps G5^2 (that's a superscripted 2 for those non-programmer types in the reading audience).
  • Reply 5 of 63
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    My wish list

Apple stock to hit $80/share by the end of September 2005 and split again.
  • Reply 6 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

My wish list

Apple stock to hit $80/share by the end of September 2005 and split again.

If the advertise Tiger and go all out to get as many of the current OSX users on Tiger they stand a chance of getting to $60 a share.

I'm thinking that Apple is really going to advertise like mad through christmas. Right now is the calm before the storm.
  • Reply 7 of 63
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kormac77

i****v2 as Notepad size( Now it can be a good time!)

chronic bullshitter77, After 6 years? Do you think it's time for that announcement yet? Pffft...

I take it this is the same one you were making plastics for in such a hurry so it would make it to the show at MWNY when I was 19.
  • Reply 8 of 63
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    if Apple came out with a 3d animation app, we are all going to have to change our pants.
  • Reply 9 of 63
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

If the advertise Tiger and go all out to get as many of the current OSX users on Tiger they stand a chance of getting to $60 a share.

I'm thinking that Apple is really going to advertise like mad through christmas. Right now is the calm before the storm.

It was my wish list, not my expect they will list.

To get to $80/share that would have meant that every single good/great rumor concerning Apple would have come true. Dual dual G6's @ >3.0GHz, SFF 2.5GHz G5 computer @ <$1000, 2.5 GHz.G5 iMac's with state of art video, all software updated, G6 Powerbooks, IBM Cell iBooks, 1.67GHz G4 mini Mac's w/ FW800, and ....market share would increase to >5%...

If I'm going to wish, might as well wish big.
  • Reply 10 of 63
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

It was my wish list, not my expect they will list.

To get to $80/share that would have meant that every single good/great rumor concerning Apple would have come true. Dual dual G6's @ >3.0GHz, SFF 2.5GHz G5 computer @ <$1000, 2.5 GHz.G5 iMac's with state of art video, all software updated, G6 Powerbooks, IBM Cell iBooks, 1.67GHz G4 mini Mac's w/ FW800, and ....market share would increase to >5%...

If I'm going to wish, might as well wish big.

I think that if the uptake halo effect is 20% then AAPL will again be shoting for the stars.

Wallstreet expectation: 20mil iPods sold

Halo effect appears to be double the number first thought to 20%

That is 4mil more macs sold in 2005.

Add in .mac, iLife, QuicktimePro, MacOS, Pages, subscriptions and upgrades for 2006 and you have lots of cash to support that stock price.

I believe that 2006 iPods sales are expected to be 24mil and if windows continues to suffer from security issues than mac sales could continue to grow.

Doubling is not as difficult as first thought based on the halo effect being around 20%.
  • Reply 11 of 63
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by hmurchison

[

I don' think Apple will call Dual-Core "G6". They don't even have the freak'in G5 on a Powerbook. Doesn't make sense for them to announce G6 while the Mac-mini and Powerbook still G4. Is not a good marketing strategy. This will give the sense the G4 machines are very outdated and Apple don't want that.

I think they still call it G5 with some sort of "fastest desktop machine ever" or some gimmick like that.
  • Reply 12 of 63
    They announced the G5 when the others were still G3's. What's the difference?
  • Reply 13 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

They announced the G5 when the others were still G3's. What's the difference?

Like I just said on my post. It's too early, the G5 hasn't even make to the Powerbook yet and is less than 2 years it was announced on the PowerMac. This will give the impression the G4 is very outdated IMHO.

I think when the G5 was announced only the emac was G3, right?
  • Reply 14 of 63
    I thought the iBook was still a G3 but I could be wrong. Not like it matters anyway. IBM has been all over this for so long they are obviously making progress.
  • Reply 15 of 63
    Apple has MUCH work to do that could see their stock rising to unprecedented heights.

Digital Music- Keep the lead and expand the product line. iTunes should be pervasive. There are opportunities for the Automobile and Home that cannot and should not be passed up.

Education- Reclaim education. License iWork for so cheap that students can get it for $15 or so. Get Powerschool back in the black. I can't believe Blackboard is kicking Apple's ass here. Blackboard sucks.

Small Business- Freakin Apple where are you? Where's my Groupware? Where are my "basic" business tools like a biz level Office Suite? The SMB sector is absolutely huge. There's a burgeoning market for lower cost Xserves, XRAID and Tiger Server.

Content Creation- Keep pushing FCP, DVD SP, Motion and Shake. Add a DAW for Video Pros who hate the "Pro Tools" cost. Develop the "Motion" of 3D. We don't need Maya man we need Boris Effect lite.

So much opportunity for Apple to double their current size. They just have to start advertising Tiger and then bring the apps in and show their developers how it's done and create opportunities for Apple ISVs.
  • Reply 16 of 63
    Quote:

I thought the iBook was still a G3 but I could be wrong. Not like it matters anyway. IBM has been all over this for so long they are obviously making progress.

I hope so, It's about time to the Powermac to have a nice upgrade. Not only in processor speed but the overall machine. More RAM (1gig standard), bigger HD, better video card, 16x dual layer dvd,etc. I could careless if they will call it G5 or G6. I am just looking for a really nice upgrade overall.
  • Reply 17 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

I hope so, It's about time to the Powermac to have a nice upgrade. Not only in processor speed but the overall machine. More RAM (1gig standard), bigger HD, better video card, 16x dual layer dvd,etc. I could careless if they will call it G5 or G6. I am just looking for a really nice upgrade overall.

Some of your requests are what drive the prices up to begin with. 1GB RAM standard? Your better off buying ram elsewhere for a lesser price as to not get charged the premium. Again bigger HD could be possible through BTO options, but again. This is soooo much cheaper to get on your own. BTO again with video cards, Obviously the low end needs to be a lot better, but third party 3D cards is what they need a few more of. BTO on standard cards should be fine because they'll never get every card available until the market share rises more than a few percentage points.

If they do create over all faster, better, more attractive machines that actually have better options available to them they will increase in market share greatly over the next few years.
  • Reply 18 of 63
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Some of your requests are what drive the prices up to begin with. 1GB RAM standard? Your better off buying ram elsewhere for a lesser price as to not get charged the premium. Again bigger HD could be possible through BTO options, but again. This is soooo much cheaper to get on your own. BTO again with video cards, Obviously the low end needs to be a lot better, but third party 3D cards is what they need a few more of. BTO on standard cards should be fine because they'll never get every card available until the market share rises more than a few percentage points.

If they do create over all faster, better, more attractive machines that actually have better options available to them they will increase in market share greatly over the next few years.

I understand RAM and HD but Video cards?? The ones that I have seen are about the same price as Apple but I'm looking at the top. Are you talking about buying PC cards and using them?

Sorry as to the wish list it looks fine except for some of the hardware timelines, software looks ok though. I would like to see the Apple version of Maya, which should be great. When Apple bought Shake tey also got the beginnings of Tremor but nothing else has been said about it. What is the state of those rumors? Or is it still parked?
  • Reply 19 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brendon

I understand RAM and HD but Video cards?? The ones that I have seen are about the same price as Apple but I'm looking at the top. Are you talking about buying PC cards and using them?

Sorry as to the wish list it looks fine except for some of the hardware timelines, software looks ok though. I would like to see the Apple version of Maya, which should be great. When Apple bought Shake tey also got the beginnings of Tremor but nothing else has been said about it. What is the state of those rumors? Or is it still parked?

No I'm talking about pro 3D cards. (Nvidia Quadro FX 3400, 4400) Apple has zero of them available to them.

And trust me on this. Apple will never have anything anywhere near the likes of Maya. Unless they buy XSI, and develop it further which would be really cool, but even XSI is second class compared to Maya.
  • Reply 20 of 63
    deestardeestar Posts: 105member
    Quote:

No I'm talking about pro 3D cards. (Nvidia Quadro FX 3400, 4400) Apple has zero of them available to them.

And trust me on this. Apple will never have anything anywhere near the likes of Maya. Unless they buy XSI, and develop it further which would be really cool, but even XSI is second class compared to Maya.

Apple should buy Luxolgy, they have great support for Mac OS X and modo looks really nice. Most of the engineers use to work for lightwave so there is huge potential for this company and there future products.

Also curiously they are doing an Apple store tour next month...

Quote:

Coming to an Apple Store Near You

Next month, we're holding a series of events at Apple Stores around the country you won't want to miss. These high energy demonstrations will feature head-to-head competition between designers who try to show off their modo skills to wow the audience. Get the complete tour schedule here.

http://www.luxology.com